What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

punk rock/emo bands

tlk

Bench
i am a punk rock part emo lover of music
i just wanted to get a list of some of punk rock emo bands off some of u ppl...
your favs

Thomas

First Grade
Are you talking about real punk or music that people call punk these days, which is pop?

For real punk see: The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, Fugazi, DRI, The Saints.

For pop punk see: Green Day, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte.

For emo see: Dashboard Confessional, Story of the year or any other sh*te band that has song titles like "My undying pain" or "The pain within" or "cut like razor blades"

Cheer up emos!

LESStar58

Referee
Thomas, for the record...Flogging Molly were f**king brilliant on Saturday night! I got asked to leave for having a camera and had to empty my memory card and cloak it but I went back in and joined the circle pit where I attempted an irish jig with 6 complete strangers! It was phenomenal! They played all the songs I wanted and Dave King is a pisser!

Upon arriving at the gig on Saturday I walked into the tilets and there were all these kids doing their mascarra! I don't get what it is with emo kids and makeup. I left before Story OF The Year but I'm sure they woulda sucked!

Anyway...the problem with punk bands these days is that there are a small grop that fall under punk that I like but have so many other infleunces and can be put under numerous categories.

The other problem is that "punk" is a fashion statement these days, not a form of musical expression!

Anyway... punk bands I like: Social Distortion, Rancid, Stiff Little Fingers, The Clash, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, The Pogues, NoFX, Pennywise, The Suicide Machines, no use For A Name, The Saints, Radio Birdman, Sex Pistols, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Black Flag.

I'm also partial to bands like jimmy Eat World, Rival Schools, Sparta and Fugazi. Fugazi, as far as I am concerned, wrote the book for all these new bands coming through but nobody will do it better than them!

tlk

Bench
Thomas said:
Are you talking about real punk or music that people call punk these days, which is pop?

For real punk see: The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, Fugazi, DRI, The Saints.

For pop punk see: Green Day, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte.

For emo see: Dashboard Confessional, Story of the year or any other sh*te band that has song titles like "My undying pain" or "The pain within" or "cut like razor blades"

Cheer up emos!
although i do like good charlotte im talkin bands such as
the valley,funral 4 a friend,rancid

Thomas

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Thomas, for the record...Flogging Molly were f**king brilliant on Saturday night! I got asked to leave for having a camera and had to empty my memory card and cloak it but I went back in and joined the circle pit where I attempted an irish jig with 6 complete strangers! It was phenomenal! They played all the songs I wanted and Dave King is a pisser!

Upon arriving at the gig on Saturday I walked into the tilets and there were all these kids doing their mascarra! I don't get what it is with emo kids and makeup. I left before Story OF The Year but I'm sure they woulda sucked!

Excellent!!! Am still thinking of going along but only if I can get a few tickets from some guys I know associated with the band. I can't see myself forking out $60 to see Flogging Molly and some moronic emo band. Flogging Molly...yes...but not Story of the Year.

Bazal

Post Whore
the legend killer said:
although i do like good charlotte im talkin bands such as
the valley,funral 4 a friend,rancid

Whilst those bands suck, my brother has got me into Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. Would be emo but they are far too....happy. Mostly pop music but it's good feel good listening. A change from my usual diet.

LESStar58

Referee
Oh and people have mentioned SLf....prolly throw in another little band from Belfast, Northern Ireland....THE UNDERTONES!

c_eagle

Juniors
I worked at last night's Story of the Year concert. It was the most awful thing I've ever had to endure.

tlk

Bench
Bazal said:
Whilst those bands suck, my brother has got me into Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. Would be emo but they are far too....happy. Mostly pop music but it's good feel good listening. A change from my usual diet.
fob!
my fav band!
i love these guys
there f**kn unreal

Killswitch engage (a friend of mine said t here new stuff is emo so im just gonna put them here :p)

boysetsfire -even though a lot of people say there emo i think they are way too heavey and some of there music sounds like tool

taking back sunday - great band

the starting line is also good

raider_ktj

Juniors
Taking Back Sunday
Funeral For A Friend
Panic! At The Disco
Story Of The Year
Hawthorn Heights.... all great bands.

Also: Thrice and Rise Against are awesome as well, but what genre would they be?