What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

punk rock/emo bands

fat_mike

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
Killswitch engage (a friend of mine said t here new stuff is emo so im just gonna put them here :p)

boysetsfire -even though a lot of people say there emo i think they are way too heavey and some of there music sounds like tool

taking back sunday - great band

the starting line is also good

your friend dont know crap mate, i've heard killswitchs newer track and its the same old same old. brutal growls and screams in the verse followed by big powerful chorus's. nothing remotely emo about them.
get into rise against people. i scored the unmastered advance of the sufferer and the witness yesterday and its freaking brilliant as usual.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
You people knowingly come here and actually admmit liking some of these bands?

Fall Out Boy, MCR, Thrice, Rise Against...?

Here's a tip, go explore and find some good music. If you like that avenue of music, at least listen to the Minor Threats/Fugazi's and not this sh*t Emo-agnst-ridden sh*t that you find on the radio these days.

Thomas

First Grade
Ahhhh Cliffy, you say it so well.

Drove home last night after work with Black Flag's Damaged blasting out of my stereo.

Now there some angry music. Henry Rollins before he went a bit silly.

fat_mike

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:

Here's a tip, go explore and find some good music. If you like that avenue of music, at least listen to the Minor Threats/Fugazi's and not this sh*t Emo-agnst-ridden sh*t that you find on the radio these days.

mate i'm a huge old school punk rock fan. minor threat and black flag sit in amongst my favourite bands of all time. not to mention bands like the descendents, the cricle jerks and T.S.O.L.

its funny you mention fugazi becaue i have heard many a reviewer and music critic sight ian mackaye and the fellow fugazi folk as some of the pioneers of the emo sh*t we hear today.

thomas, you obviously dig black flag. keep an eye out for an adelaide band called jungle fever. bringing the black flag/ minor threat style back. top stuff

tlk

Bench
CliffyIsGod said:

eze tiger!
nuffin wrong with fall out boy

Briza

Juniors
Anything from the UK - 70's - 80's

I still have these on Vinal, and listen to them often.

Exploited
Slaughter and the Dogs
UK Subs
Stiff little fingers
GBH
Skrewdriver
Crass
c**k Sparrer
Sham 69
The Vibraters
Vice Sqaud

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Briza said:
Anything from the UK - 70's - 80's

I still have these on Vinal, and listen to them often.

Exploited
Slaughter and the Dogs
UK Subs
Stiff little fingers
GBH
Skrewdriver
Crass
c**k Sparrer
Sham 69
The Vibraters
Vice Sqaud

If it's just about the music then ok, (hell, I like Burzum) but if you draw ideological inspiration from them I'd be worrried....

Briza

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
If it's just about the music then ok, (hell, I like Burzum) but if you draw ideological inspiration from them I'd be worrried....

Lyrics aside, it's great rock n roll.

emo meaning emotional music i'm guessing.

its absolute garbage the sh*t we hear today

it was worse in the mid/late 90s with some of these rap metal bands ill take my chemical romance and taking back sunday over limp bizkit any day

fat_mike said:
your friend dont know crap mate, i've heard killswitchs newer track and its the same old same old. brutal growls and screams in the verse followed by big powerful chorus's. nothing remotely emo about them.
get into rise against people. i scored the unmastered advance of the sufferer and the witness yesterday and its freaking brilliant as usual.

yes ive heard them too but wtf boysetsfire are just as heavey as killswitch but there labled as emo

lol since when do emo songs get played on the radio isnt it all r n b and pop these days

i will listen too anything as long as its not r n b (though there are a few i can stand) or country

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Briza said:
Lyrics aside, it's great rock n roll.

If you can look past it I guess so, but for me with that style of music I find the lyrics just too in your face to ignore, with punk and related styles I've always felt the message is kind of integral. With black metal it's kinda different as you can't decipher the lyrics without a lot of effort anyway so it's pretty easy to ignore them and just get lost in the atmos of the music.

Briza

Juniors
I can only assume that you've only heard their more famous "political" songs, a lot of their stuff is typical raw punk rock, anti government/establishment yes - but very unlike the more famous recent albums.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Briza said:
I can only assume that you've only heard their more famous "political" songs, a lot of their stuff is typical raw punk rock, anti government/establishment yes - but very unlike the more famous recent albums.

Yeah I guess it's inevitable that those elements are what's going to get the band the most attention and hence what I've probably been most aware of.

HevyDevy

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:

You like Burzum?

Nazi

:lol: