What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
Maybe it's more now. No need for that tone mate. Do you speak in person to people like this?

Avenger, you can't expect to us to be all friendly towards you when you're suggesting the Shire should lose it's football team to Bandywallop or Timbuktu just because it will "benefit the NRL".

Fact is we've got over 10,000 members this year and crowds are well up.

We're not going anywhere.

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger, you can't expect to us to be all friendly towards you when you're suggesting the Shire should lose it's football team to Bandywallop or Timbuktu just because it will "benefit the NRL".

Fact is we've got over 10,000 members this year and crowds are well up.

We're not going anywhere.

Mate please read my posts carefully. I said I think that this is the NRL's plan. It's not my take of what I think. I hope you win the GF and give it to them.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
Mate please read my posts carefully. I said I think that this is the NRL's plan. It's not my take of what I think. I hope you win the GF and give it to them.

No, it's the plan of Bourbon Becky Wilson, Brad Walnut, Paul K*nt and Josh Massoud.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The NRL would benefit if you relocated to Perth or Central QLD because they would have an established club rather than a club starting from scratch. However I understand that the supporters of the Sharks would be upset. The question is would you cop it if they gave you 2 home games in the Shire per year ?

There's no benefit to the NRL in moving an almost insolvent club interstate. They'd be in for more than $10,000,000.

The Sharks still owe the bank a couple of million dollars. The NRL may have to take that on as well.

They can't force players and staff to move. If any agreed I would be asking for housing, relocation costs, school fees etc. I would expect the NRL to cop those costs IF I agreed to move interstate (as a player/staff member)

The current TV deal will be at jeopardy. Not because there wouldn't be 8 games a week but the deal probably wasn't done inclusive of costs for Nein and Fox to cart gear and staff to an interstate venue for possibly 12 games a year. Also a Perth relocation would mean changes to scheduling which the TV people have to agree to and those pariahs won't agree without a cost attached in some way.

Sponsors will be lost. There would be little point in local companies like Shore Hire continuing. May not matter to national companies but do the Sharks have any? Sponsors might want compensation for lack of exposure, the club definitely would for loss of earnings.

Players that can't get a gig at a club close to home if they refuse to relocate may be entitles to compensation/contract payments.

Would elected officials who are not paid have to resign their positions or govern from afar? If they chose to stay on board who foots their bills? Then you may need new front office staff and footy staff as they may not be able to relocate. As sure as little green apples the NRL will want a highly polished and professional club at any relocation site. A club that an compare to Storm and Broncos in all areas off field.

If even half that speculation is true $10,000,000 is not enough.

Interstate relocation won't happen lightly. In fact I highly doubt it would happen at all.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I haven't been offended by Avenger in any way. He/she is only bringing up possibilities the ostriches in here don't want to think about.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'd still go for em if they were the same colours and logo.

You are from Canberra aren't you RCB? I am from the Hunter & could go for the knights but I wouldn't . I'd still follow the sharks under that emblem.

It wouldn't hurt us as much as the good shire folk on here who are used to the team being down the road. That would be a very bitter pill to swallow to not have them there anymore.

Feej

First Grade
I haven't been offended by Avenger in any way. He/she is only bringing up possibilities the ostriches in here don't want to think about.

Agree with this.

I had a bit of a run in with Avenger early in the year and all sorted out amicably. Actually not a bad bloke / chick for a Parra supporter.

I'm under no illusion about the eventual outcome of this. While I doubt (hope?) that the team will be forced to the wall or relocate, there will be some pain for us. Just wish it would happen and we can then pick up the pieces and move on.

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree with this.

I had a bit of a run in with Avenger early in the year and all sorted out amicably. Actually not a bad bloke / chick for a Parra supporter.

I'm under no illusion about the eventual outcome of this. While I doubt (hope?) that the team will be forced to the wall or relocate, there will be some pain for us. Just wish it would happen and we can then pick up the pieces and move on.

If we are going to be punished by loss of points, I wish it could happen right now. Start afresh next year.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
You are from Canberra aren't you RCB? I am from the Hunter & could go for the knights but I wouldn't . I'd still follow the sharks under that emblem.

It wouldn't hurt us as much as the good shire folk on here who are used to the team being down the road. That would be a very bitter pill to swallow to not have them there anymore.

That's what it will boil down to.

If we relocated, the people who don't live in the Shire and didn't have an affinity with the Shire will still support a relocated team but for myself and others who supported the team because we are from the Shire won't have anything to do with a relocated team.

If we move, I am done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts