What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
The NRL would benefit if you relocated to Perth or Central QLD because they would have an established club rather than a club starting from scratch. However I understand that the supporters of the Sharks would be upset. The question is would you cop it if they gave you 2 home games in the Shire per year ?

I couldn't give a flying f**k about the NRL. The organisation is run by a bunch of morons.

The reason I support the Sharks is because they're Cronulla and I grew up in the Shire.

I've said it before and I'll say it again relocation is not the answer to a club's problems.

One only has to look at the old South Melbourne club's relocation to Sydney to become the Sydney Swans to know that.

The club was heavily reliant on the eccentric Geoffrey Edelsten in the mid 80's and when he buggered off, the club was flat broke, had no training facilities, no crowds and had to rely on the AFL to bail them out and it took the Super League war and a subsequent reversal in the club's playing performance leading a to berth in the 1996 Grand Final against a then rampaging North Melbourne to spike the Swans crowds.

The Swans then benefitted from the demise of North Sydney and traditional clubs like Balmain.

If the club goes, I am done, I will take my money to Sydney FC.

It'd make more sense to relocate the Eels, they're a deadset joke and embarrassment to the game.

The Eels have more problems than a f**king Italian soap opera right now.

By all means relocate us but don't go crying when AFL or soccer takes over the Shire.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
I couldn't give a flying f**k about the NRL benefiting.

The reason I support the Sharks is because they're Cronulla and I grew up in the Shire.

I've said it before and I'll say it again relocation is not the answer to a club's problems.

One only has to look at the old South Melbourne club's relocation to Sydney to become the Sydney Swans to know that.

The club was heavily reliant on the eccentric Geoffrey Edelsten in the mid 80's and when he buggered off, the club was flat broke, had no training facilities, no crowds and had to rely on the AFL to bail them out and it took the Super League war and a subsequent reversal in the club's playing performance leading a to berth in the 1996 Grand Final against a then rampaging North Melbourne to spike the Swans crowds.

The Swans then benefitted from the demise of North Sydney and traditional clubs like Balmain.

If the club goes, I am done, I will take my money to Sydney FC.

It'd make more sense to relocate the Eels, they're a deadset joke and embarrassment to the game.

The Eels have more problems than a f**king Italian soap opera right now.

By all means relocate us but don't go crying when AFL or soccer take over the Shire.
The west of Sydney is the most important part of league as far as NSW is concerned. The Eels will never relocate. Maybe merge but never relocate. The relocation of Fitzroy Lions to Brisbane worked. It could work for the Sharks also. I would rather you guys relocate than not exist.

Last edited:

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
The west is the most important part of league as gas as NSW is concerned. The Eels will never relocate. Maybe merge but never relocate. The relocation of Fitzroy Lions to Brisbane worked. It could work for the Sharks also. I would rather you guys relocate than not exist.

Do you know many Fitzroy people who support the Lions?

Most Fitzroy people don't even bother with the game anymore.

I am fed up of rival fans without a f**king clue.

There aren't going to be many Sharks fans who will bother with the club if we relocated.

And Perth? Get your head out of your arse. It's an AFL city ffs.

The Pirates may work if they come in at some stage but they'll have the same problems Melbourne do, no one in that city gives a f**k about them.

Melbourne would've been dead in the water years ago without Uncle Rupert's millions bankrolling them.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm not trying to upset you guys. I'm just trying to give an outsiders perspective. Yes the Eels are a shambles as you were a few years ago. Hopefully we will recover when Sticky eventually leaves. Good luck in the finals.

stevie013

Juniors
I'm not trying to upset you guys. I'm just trying to give an outsiders perspective. Yes the Eels are a shambles as you were a few years ago. Hopefully we will recover when Sticky eventually leaves. Good luck in the finals.

by saying we should relocate, you honestly didnt think that would upset anyone?

Avenger

Immortal
I didn't specifically say Perth Sharky. It could even be Central QLD. Anyway as I said previously Good luck in the finals. I sincerely hope you take it out being a Sutherland Shire resident myself.

Avenger

Immortal
by saying we should relocate, you honestly didnt think that would upset anyone?

I'm saying that I think that this is what the NRL's agenda may be or an opportunity that may present if ASADA has anything. I didn't say I agree with it. If you are viable you should absolutely stay in your heartland.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm saying that I think that this is what the NRL's agenda may be or an opportunity that may present if ASADA has anything. I didn't say I agree with it. If you are viable you should absolutely stay in your heartland.
How does relocating help make the club more viable?

They currently have a development planned that will generate much funds for the club and financial security.

They have more fans in the Sutherland Shire than in any other part of Australia by quite a massive margin

Those same fans are less likely to go to games, buy memberships and merchandise if the team is situated elsewhere.

Fans in Perth and Central Coast (the two options everyone seems intent on raising) want their own team. So they are less likely to support a relocated team that doesn't represent their area.

Any person who suggests seriously that the Sharks would be better off if they relocated have seriously no idea about the basics of such a concept.

I highly doubt that the NRL is contemplating relocating or axing Cronulla. It serves no purpose other than to make a financially struggling team even more unstable.

Someday, these deadshits who think relocation is a solution will get an idea.

Won't be anytime soon though.

Avenger

Immortal
It's all about money and logistics to the NRL in the short term. That is why they still have an open offer of about $10 million to any club willing to relocate.

Card Shark

Immortal
You were called just the Sharks for many years. If you were given 2 games in the Shire every year relocation could work.

Played where mate?

They aren't gunna maintain a stadium for 2 games a year.

I agree with your thoughts on the ARLC / NRL wanting to relocate us, it has to be their strategy to reduce the number of Sydney teams.

Feej

First Grade
It's all about money and logistics to the NRL in the short term. That is why they still have an open offer of about $10 million to any club willing to relocate.

Why would we jump at $10M after getting this massive development off the ground?

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
How does relocating help make the club more viable?

They currently have a development planned that will generate much funds for the club and financial security.

They have more fans in the Sutherland Shire than in any other part of Australia by quite a massive margin

Those same fans are less likely to go to games, buy memberships and merchandise if the team is situated elsewhere.

Fans in Perth and Central Coast (the two options everyone seems intent on raising) want their own team. So they are less likely to support a relocated team that doesn't represent their area.

Any person who suggests seriously that the Sharks would be better off if they relocated have seriously no idea about the basics of such a concept.

I highly doubt that the NRL is contemplating relocating or axing Cronulla. It serves no purpose other than to make a financially struggling team even more unstable.

Someday, these deadshits who think relocation is a solution will get an idea.

Won't be anytime soon though.

This.

Avenger, I'd be more worried about the basketcase that is Parramatta than worrying about us if I were you.

Avenger

Immortal
Played where mate?

They aren't gunna maintain a stadium for 2 games a year.

I agree with your thoughts on the ARLC / NRL wanting to relocate us, it has to be their strategy to reduce the number of Sydney teams.

Like I said mate I don't agree with it if all is well. That development will be awesome when it is completed. I just hope you can hold on and not be forced into something the fans don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts