What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVP Cup 2010

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just raising the flag for any new teams or any established teams looking for one or two trial matches in the next fortnight.

The Bluebags are ready to take part, and will take on all comers.

I suggest a knockout comp, four teams would be great.

Two games with the winners playing in a final for the much sought after PVP Cup.

bartman

Immortal
Am not sure the Eels will be ready to field a P v P in the next fortnight... however if there is a barbarians/mixed team needed to make up some matches against new line-ups, then we might be able to contribute a post or two.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If Marauders will have a run that would be great.

I guess it depends on the other All Stars match.

Pistol

Coach
PVP TOURNY

Bluebags are ready with a couple of newbies.

Simple knockout comp: 4 teams, two rounds.

Thoughts

Also

The All Stars match needs ground rules.

Open up and have at it

Again, a merger might allow us to give it a thought. We're still sort of recruiting.
What ruling does the All Stars need? I guess it needs to be soon?

7 vs 7, each player given a number to take on a certain member of the opposition.

bartman

Immortal
Do we have any aspiring new teams looking to take part in the PvP as an avenue to entry for the season proper?

I can't see too much evidence of four teams being ready to commit to the PvP at present, Bluebags excepted. I know I won't push our existing players to use up their juice prior to the season proper unless they themselves are keen willing, and we also are still toward the start of the season recruiting phase.

Maybe just two teams might be more realistic? Bluebags versus a merged/all comers side made up of debutantes from any team wanting a run as some experienced players to lead or show them the F7s way... two PvP games, home and away, plus the All Stars match?

Titanic

First Grade
I thought the 2009 All Stars v the Marauders was already a go and have been waiting for the date.

I will be in the States after next week for a speaking engagement and the China-based Titans will be commencing Chinese New Holidays 06 Feb so we, as in 2009, will be short handed during February.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The All Stars match is separate to the PVP.

PVPs are essentially there to trial new players or teams.

The All Stars is a separate exhibition match. A new idea, unique for this year (I assume). There's another thread about it.

I just put up the Bluebags for the PVPs and welcome all comers. If no one wants to take a shot at the PVP Cup, that's fine too.

Last edited:

Pistol

Coach
what we can do is the winner of the all stars match take on the bluebags in a play off?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
what we can do is the winner of the all stars match take on the bluebags in a play off?
I could end up playing against myself. I'm up for it! ;-)

All in fun, moreso than usual. These are trials and an exhibition to kick start the F7s season. Doesn't have to be your A-game.

Pistol

Coach
to make it easier

i reckon a 5 on 5 with 2 reserves for the all stars v marauders.

Latest posts