What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q&A Thread

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
Who will be the next 'uncapped' WWE champion? That means, who will be the next superstar to win their first WWE championship?

I think Shelton Benjamin, Carlito or Ken Kennedy. If you are talking about 'WWE' Champion then that will be King Booker (as he was only WCW champion).

What match will Batista be involved in at Summerslam?

thuganomics

Coach
Someone that will get him over quick smart. Someone like Angle.

Do you like the King Booker gimmick and the little stable he has formed with Queen Sharmell, Finley and Regal?

Ben

Bench
love it. Gives Booker some recognition that he deserves. Good on the mic a solid wrestler and has somehow never held the WWE title. Kind of ironic that he started off as ghetto gangsters and now he is King.

lotm

Juniors
he's freakin' hilarious, but the feud with lashley must end soon. booker should move on to rey and win the title asap.

how long will it be before ecw folds, if at all?

thuganomics

Coach
I think it will last a while. Depends on how successful it becomes in the next month or two.

Your favourite PPV entrance?

PARANoIR

Bench
Cena at One Night STand this year. That was immense. It just beats out the Sandman from last year.

Who will be the next ECW champion?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Who will be the next ECW champion?

I daresay it'll be RVD for a while, and maybe Big Show taking it off him somewhere down the track. He could do with a 'Bam Bam Bigelow' style run

RABK

Referee
Can't say i've watched much wrestling in the past 3 years but from the 5 or 10 hours i have seen Foley doesn't seem to be generating much heat - the crowd doesn't seem to care.

Perhaps the person who answers my question can double up and answer Thuga's as well.

My question revolves around why i stopped watching wrestling...

Will we ever see an era has good as the WCW vs WWF / Attitude one again? (96-01) Or did wrestling really drain itself for everything it was worth during that golden era.

It's just horsesh*t these days, it's like comparing the current souths team to their side of the 50's.

Also, a lot of this comes down to no competition....do you think WWE will ever have serious competition again...on such a scale as WCW was - almost putting the WWF out of business? I'm well aware of TNA, but is it capable of it?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I daresay it could be a while before we see a return to the glory days. The current environment may be ideal for it, though. TNA are slowly but surely gaining momentum (and look to be signing Goldberg in the not too distant future). They're starting to create a few marketable stars (particularly Samoa Joe) and their ratings are improving.

On top of that, the ECW experiment could nudge things along if Vince lets Paul and the boys work it their way and with minimal WWE involvement. It'll draw in both old hardcore fans and a new generation of fans who can then spill over to other forms of wrestling.

The situation doesn't necessarily need TNA to put the WWE out of business, it just needs to draw in new fans and by doing so, force both companies to lift their game.

As for thuga's question, I like his promos and his matches, but it's hard for somebody as loved as Mick Foley to really get over as a heel in such a short time. If he's making a full time return, I daresay he'll be a major player.

MY QUESTION:
What do you think of the Spirit Squad?

thuganomics

Coach
I personally love the SS. Their gimmick isn't the greatest, but they play their role very well. They draw great heat and they all have great wrestling ability.

Looking back, what do you think of the Cena vs Triple H match at Mania this year?

Ben

Bench
I found it was boring. Many people disagree with me but it just wasn't as good as the match pior, Rey VS Orton VS Angle.

Who do you think will be the next wrestler to 'defect' from WWE to ECW.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Ashley, since Stacy doesn't count anymore.

Now that he's had the belt for a while, has Rey Mysterio's first title reign been a success, failure or somewhere in between?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Now that he's had the belt for a while, has Rey Mysterio's first title reign been a success, failure or somewhere in between?

Honestly? I think it's been a failure. He hasn't done anything new, and he hasn't created any stars with his rein. There hasn't been a single feud of note, and he's been squashed by every big man Smackdown have.

What do you think of the Johnny Nitro singles push?

lotm

Juniors
he's talented enough to succeed as a singles wrestler, but it's unfortunate that mnm had to be broken up. he's not so much of a technical wrestler as he is an athlete. the ic division is really healthy at the moment.

where does shelton go from here?

thuganomics

Coach
I'd like to see him given a big push. Maybe not on RAW, but maybe on SD. Maybe move him to ECW and start a feud with Kurt Angle.

What do you think of JBL as a commentator?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm a huge JBL mark, so anything that means I get to see more of him works for me. I've yet to see an episode of Smackdown with him at the desk, but how could it be bad?

CM Punk made his debut at an ECW house show this week - do you think he'll be a breakout star for ECW?

Latest posts