What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF 1 VS Parramatta

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm hearing Ivans dropping 13 guys from last weeks team.
After a loss so he f**king should.

We joke... But it's actually 15. Kenny and Sorensen only guys definitely playing this weekend. Eisenhuth a chance but I doubt he cracks the squad.

Unless weak gutted dog is axed for another forward. But that's not likely. Ivan rates him so much he was the only one rested for 2 weeks

flash

Juniors
Our last home Semi was in 2020 vs Roosters (admittedly to a restricted crowd)
Yeah I think thats why I forgot about it!!!

The tickets went out to members based on membership level, so by the time it got to silver (which I had that year), I missed out.

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
Taylan cleared to play this finals series but will have to miss first two games of next season, along with a $7500 fine. Bit perplexed by this decision, although it helps us ofc but you either suspend him or you stick by the punishment given out by the court and you don't comment on it further. Makes it seem as if our club is getting preferential treatment...

Whino

Bench

Why Cleary will be back better than ever for battle of the west​

Christian Nicolussi

By Christian Nicolussi

Nathan Cleary has terrorised his Penrith teammates during opposed sessions and will be more than physically ready for his finals return, according to Panthers co-skipper Isaah Yeo.

The biggest talking point in the countdown to Friday’s Battle of the West against Parramatta will be the fitness of Cleary after five weeks on the sideline because of suspension.

But the star halfback has not only maintained his condition, he has also learned to look at the game from a different angle, says Yeo.
“Nathan has had five weeks to work for the best month of footy he’s got,” Yeo told the Herald on Monday.

"He won’t be under-done because of how professional he is. He was filthy with himself because he felt like he had let the playing group down with the [Dylan Brown] tackle.
“He’s since seen the game from a different angle in the coach’s box, he understands how he might be able to implement himself and swing the momentum back our way, or while we’ve got the momentum that we make sure we strike.
“He did all the sessions, trained with the second team during opposed sessions and tested out our back three and our edges.
“The halfback is the most important position in nearly every team, and he’s the best in the business at it. Any time you have your best player in the team, it instils confidence in your group.”

The Panthers rested a dozen players last week, leaving a host of fringe players and three debutants to play in the final round against North Queensland. The club paid more than $50,000 for a charter flight so the players could leave Townsville straight after the game, only for bad weather to leave them stranded in the far north until Sunday morning.

Iamback

Coach
Taylan cleared to play this finals series but will have to miss first two games of next season, along with a $7500 fine. Bit perplexed by this decision, although it helps us ofc but you either suspend him or you stick by the punishment given out by the court and you don't comment on it further. Makes it seem as if our club is getting preferential treatment...

Yes we are. NRL knows we run this comp!

Pomoz

Bench

Why Cleary will be back better than ever for battle of the west​

Christian Nicolussi

By Christian Nicolussi

Nathan Cleary has terrorised his Penrith teammates during opposed sessions and will be more than physically ready for his finals return, according to Panthers co-skipper Isaah Yeo.

The biggest talking point in the countdown to Friday’s Battle of the West against Parramatta will be the fitness of Cleary after five weeks on the sideline because of suspension.

But the star halfback has not only maintained his condition, he has also learned to look at the game from a different angle, says Yeo.
“Nathan has had five weeks to work for the best month of footy he’s got,” Yeo told the Herald on Monday.

"He won’t be under-done because of how professional he is. He was filthy with himself because he felt like he had let the playing group down with the [Dylan Brown] tackle.
“He’s since seen the game from a different angle in the coach’s box, he understands how he might be able to implement himself and swing the momentum back our way, or while we’ve got the momentum that we make sure we strike.
“He did all the sessions, trained with the second team during opposed sessions and tested out our back three and our edges.
“The halfback is the most important position in nearly every team, and he’s the best in the business at it. Any time you have your best player in the team, it instils confidence in your group.”

The Panthers rested a dozen players last week, leaving a host of fringe players and three debutants to play in the final round against North Queensland. The club paid more than $50,000 for a charter flight so the players could leave Townsville straight after the game, only for bad weather to leave them stranded in the far north until Sunday morning.

I hate articles like this. Just shut up guys, let our football do the talking and keep them guessing. Give them nothing.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Says we are wearing our alternate jersey. What's the reasoning? As minor premiers I wanted us in black all finals

Last edited: