What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF 1 VS Parramatta

maple_69

Bench
May has hit somewhat of a wall late this season. He’s not playing bad but he’s not at the level he was in the first half of the year.

Here’s some stats that suggest Staines will not in fact be a step down from what we’ve been getting from May coming out of trouble the last few months at all. He’s not going to bring the ball up like early season May or To’o/Edwards but he’s an exceptional back up and a complete no brainer.

May since the Bye
6.75 games played
98 runs
893 total run metres
132m per game
9.1m per run
14.5 runs per game

Staines games played on the wing only
10.65 games played
150 runs
1417 total run metres
133m per game
9.4m per run
14 runs per game

Kilkenny

Coach
Happy for Charlie Staines to get his opportunity to potentially be part of a grand final appearance. He won’t let us down I am confident of that. May is no chance of overcoming his hamstring injury so Charlie it is and just maybe there May be a little karma around his inclusion. It has a little feel good karma about it.

GongPanther

Referee
May has hit somewhat of a wall late this season. He’s not playing bad but he’s not at the level he was in the first half of the year.

Here’s some stats that suggest Staines will not in fact be a step down from what we’ve been getting from May coming out of trouble the last few months at all. He’s not going to bring the ball up like early season May or To’o/Edwards but he’s an exceptional back up and a complete no brainer.

May since the Bye
6.75 games played
98 runs
893 total run metres
132m per game
9.1m per run
14.5 runs per game

Staines games played on the wing only
10.65 games played
150 runs
1417 total run metres
133m per game
9.4m per run
14 runs per game
Those stats for reserve grade won't apply in a preliminary finals match, and he does have that deer in the headlights look about him when he steps up in grade. And I'm referring to finals grade, not your comp match. I hope he surprises me and kills it, or he ends up being our downfall.

Kilkenny

Coach
Those stats for reserve grade won't apply in a preliminary finals match, and he does have that deer in the headlights look about him when he steps up in grade. And I'm referring to finals grade, not your comp match. I hope he surprises me and kills it, or he ends up being our downfall.
Charlie won’t be the reason we lose a PF.

if we are beaten by either the Sharks or Bunnies it will either because our opponents were the better team on the night or maybe as I fear a controversial bunker decision to send someone off.

I think Charlie is far more likely to win us the game than lose us the game.

John Hamblin

Juniors

I don't think Charlie will be our downfall. His speed, anticipation and positional play are all good. He lacks the tackle breaking of May but really deserves his chance in a big game. He is also very safe under the high ball. His cutout pass against the Cows was classy. Go Charlie!!

Original Name

Juniors
I don't think Charlie will be our downfall. His speed, anticipation and positional play are all good. He lacks the tackle breaking of May but really deserves his chance in a big game. He is also very safe under the high ball. His cutout pass against the Cows was classy. Go Charlie!!
Sadly for Charlie cut out passing skill barely matters on the wing.

Smug Panther

First Grade
None of that has ever happened

maple_69

Bench
Those are not reserve grade stats from Staines. Those are first grade stats that clearly show he has performed at a level equal across this year to what May has dished up over the past 2 months. 100% like for like. Running stats only obviously, there’s many other parts of the game, defensive reads being one where I think Staines has had a bad run, but we’re knocking Staines for his running which is kind of unfounded. If anything Charlie’s form/confidence, be it in first grade or reserve grade, is ahead of May’s at this point in the year which is important when you’re standing under a towering bomb.

He ran for 172m in 62 minutes against the Storm at fullback, equivalent of a 222m full game. He made no errors and had a line break assist, the only player with a LBA to his name in the team that day. He may have not saved a try that Dylan (the best defensive fullback in the game) could have and he didn’t win the game but if you’re blaming Staines for that loss and not Salmon/SOS for having zero ability to organise our attacking shapes, then you are really just looking for a reason to have a crack at a guy playing his second NRL game at fullback.

Munky

Coach
Didn't we hire the best analytics guy in the NRL?

Brown's best weapon is his inside step. Our defence gave him the outside all night.

Gotta imagine that was a plan.

Moses is a shit mid field kicker
, great long and short but does routine bombs in the re middle. We let him do those all night.

Bomb Waqa because he'll f**k up eventually. Play the percentages and you'll win 9/10.

Have a few plays ready to go if needed to break the game.

The tank commander did the same thing all last night.

Imagine kicking direct to Edwards and To'o with nothing special on the ball with no pressure from the chase.

Latest posts