What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld Cup Brisbane Broncos

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Those North Devil nuffies are into the finals.

None of our players really starred, it was more the Daniel Ogden show.

Said this earlier in season:

Not enough experience for my liking and ordinary halves combination: Correct
The only advantage they have is alot of them have played together: Correct
Burleigh should account for them easily if they have bonded okay: Correct

Not sure what I said wrong????They should have beaten Ippy by plenty today as they were full strength and Ippy a reserve grade team but didn't out them away like they should have. They'd be a handy side if they got an experienced half in there or even someone like Ben Hunt. But as you said, except for a few moments of brilliance from Ogden, they haven't got much organisation in attack.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Not even sure why I'm bothering responding anyway when it's coming from a bloke who rated Wallace ahead of Daly Cherry-Evans.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
What Big Pete said:

“We're talking in relation to Wallace, Cherry-Evans has played what? 4 games of first grade and has been solid at best in all 4. Hodkinson has at least put on a couple of good performances here and there and remained very solid and won a few games on the back of his boot.”[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Solid at best? Not a bad prediction for a premiership winning halfback and Qld's next halfback. :lol:
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Big Pete

Referee
Look at you getting all sooky.

Oh no I rated Wallace ahead of a 4 game DCE, how can I live with myself. :lol:

Devils have done well to make the finals, didn't think they'd get their either but the 'weak' fringe talent certainly helped them through out the season.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Seagulls the sentiment behind your original posts were that the side would be too weak to make the finals. Surely you can admit they might have exceeded your expectations just a little... ;-)

Yeah Ogden trialled with the Broncos I believe. He is fast, but you need more than that to play NRL unfortunately.

I was pretty disappointed overall with the Broncos affiliated players today. Gibb was probably the best.

Barker

Juniors
I heard Vossy talking about Kurt Baptiste and his rumoured transfer to Newcastle. Apart from the fact that he still has a year to run on his Broncos contract (correct me if I'm wrong), I will be mightily p****d off if the Broncos let him go. :x

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Seagulls the sentiment behind your original posts were that the side would be too weak to make the finals. Surely you can admit they might have exceeded your expectations just a little... ;-)

Yeah Ogden trialled with the Broncos I believe. He is fast, but you need more than that to play NRL unfortunately.

I was pretty disappointed overall with the Broncos affiliated players today. Gibb was probably the best.

I was rating the teams on their Round 1 teams on paper which was about the only thing I could do at that time of the year. They won 1 out of their first 5 games but Hodges has done a good job to get the young group together. As I said, Norths teams of the past with Inglis/Slater etc have made the finals but haven't gone on to seal the deal. I still think they need a few more old heads in there to help the young Broncos out.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Norths advance to next round after beating Ipswich. Looks as though Baptiste had a stellar game, and even kicked a 40-20 I read :shock:

Norths now play Wynnum. Redcliffe play Tweed (channel 9 1:15pm Sunday).

All 3 Broncos affiliated teams still in it!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Pretty good season for Norths, they should be proud. Looks as though they just leak too many points.

Would love to see a Wynnum/Redcliffe final.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Redcliffe through to the GF after a impressive display.

Among the best were Whitchurch and Berryman.

Redcliffe will play the winner out of Wynnum/Tweed

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It's confirmed, a Redcliffe vs Wynnum GF.

Wynnum played very well today, thought Jacob Fauid was the best.

Have a nervous wait as a few people were placed on report. Dodds and Gubb were trying to kill Ryan James.

Big Pete

Referee
Congrats to Seagulls on back to back premierships.

Not exactly the best performance of the year from either side but was an entertaining game.

The Broncos reps. were fairly ordinary for the most part.