What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld fullback 05

Qld fullback 05

• Matthew Bowen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Billy Slater

• Rhys Wesser

• Karmichael Hunt

• Clinton Schifcofske

• Brent Webb

• Total voters

nat

Juniors
Tidus_Raider said:
Webb will be ineligible as he is playing for NZ in the Tri-series. It's definately a tough choice with some great players but I would go for a backline of:

1.Bowen
2.Slater
3.Tate
4.Tonga
5.Sing

i like that backline

lockyno1

Post Whore
bowen should get first crack at fullback i think anyway

I agree! As long as Wesser is nowhere to be seen I'll be happy with whoever gets the fullback position! :clap:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It's gotta be between Slater and Bowen. Wesser's not up to Origin standard, Webb is a Kiwi apparently and wouldntve made played for Qld cause he's sh*tt.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
SLater on form. HOwever with the lack of quality wingers he may end up on the wing with bowen or schif at the back. qld need a goal kicker cos with lockyer you may as well hand the ball to civinoceva

icewind

Juniors
um Cameron Smith can kick a goal.

The backline should be interesting. I know Leon Bott is young, but apparently qld selectors had their eyes on him at training a few times. He is extremely quick. Hes more likely an 06 candidate however.

All depends on form come late May. If Wesser keeps up his current form, its going to be very difficult to remove him as the incumbant fullback. Bowen will most definitely be there somewhere tho, most likely as an impact player off the bench.

Tate's form of late has been inconsistant (brilliant one week, ordinary the next), and Hunt has yet to really hit his straps. Then you have the form of Shifcofske and Bell.

Tonga is down with the mumps, and hasn't had much of a chance to regain his 04 form particularly in a side down on confidence.

The only DEFINITES in the backline (starting 5 or off the bench) are Slater and Bowen IMO.

Whoever said Sing earlier, unfortunately Sing announced his retirement from rep football about a week ago now. Otherwise he woulda been on my DEFINITES list.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Rhys Wesser will be the QLD fullback barring injury. Slater will accomodate one wing spot with Matt Sing and Matt Bowen will more than likely come off the bench ala' Craig Wing.