What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD one man team

Slackboy72

Coach
So you're saying it only takes 1 man 20 minutes to beat NSW??

Good to know.
Well Inglis did that. He was on fire.
After he went off QLD didn't really threaten. Maybe they didn't need to but Greg Inglis owned this match for twenty minutes and the result was plain to see.

typicalfan

Coach
As soon as Inglis went off, QLD didn't play good at all.

Take Inglis out of the QLD team and I guarantee NSW should win. QLD scored fluke tries as soon as Inglis went off.
Ha ha ha.

So mate, did Robbie Farah win us that series yet?At least now you know that he isn't fit to tie Bedsys boots :lol:

greg

Juniors
Ladmate you are way off. We were disgraceful last night and QLD tries were not flukes, they were making the most of opportunity-provided by NSW mistakes/incompetence. We were basically the one man team (well done Jarryd Hayne). Gus and Fatty were spot on at half time, the football gods and incompetent video reffing kept us in it. From what I saw last night I'm on the verge of congragulating QLD for 5 in a row next year!

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Tonga is a great defensive centre (ask Wolfman) and there was no Hodges. When Inglis left the field - QLD looked like they had less counter attack options. Inglis is such a talented player - you take him out of the Australian side - it will look slightly less daunting. To say QLD have nothing without him is not quite fair - Slater and Thurston are try creating machines even if they had a relatively quiet night last night.

Inglis and Thurston are the first two players most would choose in a dally m side prediction side at the start of the year. Of course QLD looked worse for wear without him - he is irreplacable. But can you imagine NSW without Hayne for the last two games?! That would have been ugly!

catch22

Juniors
Inglis going off did stutter our attack but there is a good reason for that, in the first 20mins or so QLD were making plenty of yards on the right side. Inglis goes off and tonga who locky had trained all week with is swapped to the other side. from that moment most of our right hand attack stopped as well. While locky may play with hunt at club lvl having him outside him in centers really doesn't work.

Same happen in game 1 when hodges went off, QLDs attack shines when they play with width it only makes sense when the backline is shuffled around their attack takes a hit.

Ah god, how embarrassing :p We just suck mate, no two ways about it. It was even worse that QLD still beat us while getting some horrible decisions, being out on their feet and NOT having Inglis for 3/4 of the game. If NSW had anything to throw at the defence, anything at all, we would have dominated the second half and beaten QLD last night.

Dazzat

First Grade
The media are reporting that 10 Queensland players were eiither injured or ill last night. This is my take on it:

Injured:
Slater (hurt early in the match, that's why he didn't chase Hayne after the intercept)
Inglis (say no more)
Tonga
Harrison
Thaiday (cork)
Hannant (out for up to eight weeks)

Sick:
Johnson
Myles
Lockyer
Crocker

Sure Queensland didn't score for an hour after Inglis went off ... but I think the list above is more to the point.

Latest posts