What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD side Game 2

isaiah

Bench
bit worried about thaiday wasting his energy defending in the middle. one thing we missed in the first game loss was thaiday's link between players in attack. you know, that outside-inside play with sam as either the runner or passer.

God-King Dean

Immortal
bit worried about thaiday wasting his energy defending in the middle. one thing we missed in the first game loss was thaiday's link between players in attack. you know, that outside-inside play with sam as either the runner or passer.

As a NSW fan, I'm relieved that he's not playing out wide.

That combo has killed them many a times.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Let's face it DCE put in a poor performance in Game I. He looked lost at times as did Queensland. Our outside backs received little or no ball - and Inglis was quiet as a result.

DCE admitted after the game that this was because he didn't train in the position before the game, and nothing much has changed for game II.

Also, Mal opting for Hunt on the bench shows me that they aren't 100% convinced of DCE's fitness. It will be interesting to see what happens.

It could go either way for Mal.

DCE could be fidne & QLD win.

Or DCE could go down with injury, NSW win & people will start calling him an idiot for playing an injured player.

insert.pause

First Grade
It could go either way for Mal.

DCE could be fidne & QLD win.

Or DCE could go down with injury, NSW win & people will start calling him an idiot for playing an injured player.

Mal has trusted dce to make the best call for the team, not the selfish call of an ambitious kid, if dce goes down with the knee it is entirely on him and he should be stamped to never play for qld again. Sayng that, I think he was always right to play and the whole week has been traditional origin foxing and a complete waste of energy.

insert.pause

First Grade

also missed his spot-running at their halves.

ggmu

Juniors
Anybody read Reg Regans thing in the tele today? Most if the time I'm not a big fan of Matt Jongs but there is some funny shit in there lol.
Like justin hodges list his likes as yelling obscenities at the less fortunate and not offering his seat to the elderly on public transport lol

Dazzat

First Grade
will the great lillyman be playing tonight?

Lillyman will play for sure. From what I've heard from Warriors' fans, he's having a huge year and provides most of the grunt in the middle. I prefer having an extra prop on the bench and predict he'll bend the line.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Anybody read Reg Regans thing in the tele today? Most if the time I'm not a big fan of Matt Jongs but there is some funny shit in there lol.
Like justin hodges list his likes as yelling obscenities at the less fortunate and not offering his seat to the elderly on public transport lol

Some of those are classic.

Farah:
'Was at the centre of all the post-game celebrations as Laurie Daley turned Robbie upside down and used his nose as a yard glass for team mates to drink from.'

Watmough:
'Daley payed tribute to his new found maturity. "Last camp he actually managed to string a sentence together & spelt dog three times without making a mistake." '

Thaiday:
'One of the game's fairest players, unless he spots an opponent who is vulnerable, smaller than he is & has his back turned, & then he'll take a ruthless cheapshot. Lists his likes as parking in handicapped spots & stealing from
the blind.'

Te'o:
Daley was so impressed by the way 9 reporter Weidler stood up to Te'o at Rabbitohs training last week. Daley has made Weidler 18th man for NSW & is seriously considering giving him a bench spot.

davi

Juniors
Lillyman will play for sure. From what I've heard from Warriors' fans, he's having a huge year and provides most of the grunt in the middle. I prefer having an extra prop on the bench and predict he'll bend the line.

Courier Mail put out the likely line up and Lillyman was left out with Taylor and Hunt on the bench. Teo and McQueen are certain to be on the bench.

So basically there are two positions to fill and three players to choose from Hunt, Taylor and Lillyman.

Queensland have not ruled out playing Daly Cherry-Evans at halfback and leaving Hunt out of the team either.

Last edited:

ggmu

Juniors
Some of those are classic.

Farah:
'Was at the centre of all the post-game celebrations as Laurie Daley turned Robbie upside down and used his nose as a yard glass for team mates to drink from.'

Watmough:
'Daley payed tribute to his new found maturity. "Last camp he actually managed to string a sentence together & spelt dog three times without making a mistake." '

Thaiday:
'One of the game's fairest players, unless he spots an opponent who is vulnerable, smaller than he is & has his back turned, & then he'll take a ruthless cheapshot. Lists his likes as parking in handicapped spots & stealing from
the blind.'

Te'o:
Daley was so impressed by the way 9 reporter Weidler stood up to Te'o at Rabbitohs training last week. Daley has made Weidler 18th man for NSW & is seriously considering giving him a bench spot.

Lol I was pissing my self haha sitting in my ute on site the rest of the guys had no idea what I was doing lol.

insert.pause

First Grade
Courier Mail put out the likely line up and Lillyman was left out with Taylor and Hunt on the bench. Teo and McQueen are certain to be on the bench.

So basically there are two positions to fill and three players to choose from Hunt, Taylor and Lillyman.

Queensland have not ruled out playing Daly Cherry-Evans at halfback and leaving Hunt out of the team either.

latest is dce in, hunt out, 4 forwards on the bench with inglis to be backup at 5/8 and mcqueen backup in centres.

davi

Juniors
latest is dce in, hunt out, 4 forwards on the bench with inglis to be backup at 5/8 and mcqueen backup in centres.

If that's true it's probably the right call. Ben Hunt is completely wasted on the bench unless Daly Cherry-Evans or Cameron Smith goes down. But if Cherry-Evans does does go down without Hunt in the team- Queensland are in for a long night.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Surprise that Hunt is not there as backup but it is the right call in my view anyway. Could easily play Matt Gillett at 5/8th if need be, as he has done for Brisbane some times. Thurston will run the show anyway.

Taylor better not drop the damn ball 5 times!

Iafeta

Referee

Lillyman has been outstanding this year. Barely ever misses a tackle, never drops the ball, always carts the ball up for good yards. Having a barnstorming year.

Latest posts