What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quackers/castle hill area????

Barrowmundi

Can anyone help? I am moving to Sydney from my beloved Qld and the area I am looking at is the above mentioned areas. Are they okay areas to live? Any honest help appreciated. Cant wait for next years season to start, I will be able to actually go to Sharks games.

carcharias

Immortal
Quakkers...

Fug no!

absolute sh*thole......

stinking hot in summer ...so hot you'd need to put on the air/con in your car.... if your car hasn't been stolen that is.

Castle Hill may be a bit better.

The Nulla #2

Bench
mate theres really no point moving down to sydney unless ur moving to the shire, anything else and its a certain downgrade.

quakers hill is a top area though, if your ready to have kids, you may not have to work for one, they'd be giving them away in that area

carcharias

Immortal
Let me tell you a true story about a friend of mine.

He lived in Lilli Pilli with parents , his dad had a successful business.
One day the business went kaputt ( I don't know why )
His dad died from a heart attack shortly after.
They lost everything to the bank.
His mum and younger brothers moved to Quakers Hill ( only joint they could afford...nothing wrong with that though).
My mate stayed around here.
His younger brother made new friends.

Now he is Long Bay gaol for pinching cars and B & E's to support his heroin habit...he has just turned 19.

Before Quakers Hill he was a normal kid that loved the footy and the beach.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen in Cronulla ( I've seen puberty Blues ) but I think that there is a healthier lifestyle on offer.

The kids that I met out there when I went for his b'day were fugging thieving hybrids of all the worst components that Aussie youth has to offer.

It all comes down to what you can afford I suppose...Castle Hill has some pretty nice area's from memory.

mr_sharks

Juniors
The Nulla #2 said:
mate theres really no point moving down to sydney unless ur moving to the shire, anything else and its a certain downgrade.

Surely the eastern and northern suburbs would be more than acceptable. Although my beloved sharkies play in Cronulla, the shire certainly isn't the greatest place on earth (although it's pretty nice nonetheless).

forget quakers. castle hill is ok in an ultra white bread womens weekly suburban kinda way.

the shire is probably the best of the outer suburban type locales with the beach. northern beaches are nicely chilled out too but you don't get to walk to the sharks. i live at bondi which also has beach but is close to the city and is a lot more happening than hobbiton. if you like a faster pace try around potts point / darlinghurst or newtown / enmore for a more alternative indie vibe.

the rest ain't worth mentioning you'd be better off staying in qld (can't belive i said that lol)

Melstar

Juniors
I'm moving from Brissie to Sydney too! Staying with a friend in Sutherland at first, and then, presuming I don't hate the area, will look at a place somewhere around Cronulla

Genius Freak

Juniors
I lived in that area for years, and still work there. Nice area, but if you're moving here from Qld, you're gonna pay double for a house in this area what you would have up north. Windsor Road isn't that bad in the end.

Special K

Coach
My aunty lives in castle hill(I'm pretty sure) area and it seems ok to me. I'd never live there as I like being near the beach but yeah it seems like a decent place.

The westfield there is f**king massive!!!!!! Seriously made me feel like such a country bogan.... Miranda also is really huge - took me ages to get to the food court on a hunt for some KFC.

Jimbo

Immortal
Special K said:
Miranda also is really huge - took me ages to get to the food court on a hunt for some KFC.

How can you miss KFC at Westfield Miranda? There's two of them, and another one out the front!!

Objective One

Juniors
not real sure of my numbers here but the crows nest area is worth a thought if you are prepared to go for smaller house/block size

depending on what interests you, lots more in the way of restaurants, proximity to the city but seems like still has not bad family/no kids mix but don't get the feel real estate is astronomical. definitely more on the urban end of suburban

substantially shorter commute to Sharks games, particularly if you wanted to go by rail to enjoy some sherbs and avoid driving home

also a much better commute to lower northern beaches

plus if it is work that will lead you to the NW, that commute will be pretty good from Crows Nest once the Lane Cove Tunnel is opened and you'd be going against the traffic

Inept

Juniors
i live in castle hill
its a nice area, as in very little crime, good housing etc.

as far as i can tell though the cost of living here is upper range.
I'm only 18 so i havent got a full idea, but alot of the housing is being replaced with flats and we also have talk of a train line coming in the area but that has been proposed for years now. Huge shopping centre if u need one.
The only thing i dont like bout the place is that the 16 - 25 demographic is made up mostly of pretentious fashion critics. As far as we know we also have the worst emo to norm average in the state. I suppose thats what happens when people have enough money to make them self obsessed and live off their parents.
Good football clubs and touch footy comps as well as every other sport being covered.
full of parra supporters...but hey atleast it gives me people to laugh at other than the emo's.

Special K

Coach
Jimbo said:
How can you miss KFC at Westfield Miranda? There's two of them, and another one out the front!!
:lol: seriously?

I had never been there before and had a hard time trying to find the food court (I don't do signs)

mullet

Juniors
this should be in the social forum but anyway yeh its a nice place to live. The hills district is a funny one. Its kinda like the shire. The cronulla mum is similar to the castle hill mum. Its for those who either have the $$ or who wish but act like they have the money rather having massive mortagaes that their kids will end up payingwhen theu die. BUt yes it is a good area. If you can get over the pretentiousness of the area then it should be good

Alan Shore

First Grade
The Hills is a top place, I used to live there myself. Though if you have a bit more cash head for the North Shore or Cronulla way.

Thomo.

First Grade
bear in mind barrowmundi, it will be a bit of a hike to get to the games. i'm assuming by car (unless someone can correct me). but no doubt you will be that keen to get shark park it won't matter.

come live next to me and walk to the games and then crawl home! lifes good:D

And JIMBO - Where the hell is the second KFC in Westfields Miranda? One in the main food court in the eastern end, the other outside in the normal KFC resturant...the other food court that doesn't have one does it? Man you've f**king confused me now;-)

Latest posts