What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifier Team V Storm

Poss

Juniors
A win in this game is massive.

Win = we play either roosters, dogs or sea eagles.

Lose = play either cows/knights and then panthers

Just win. Win. God damn. Win.

dinghydi

Juniors
A win in this game is massive.

Win = we play either roosters, dogs or sea eagles.

Lose = play either cows/knights and then panthers

Just win. Win. God damn. Win.
They Shouldnt Be scared of Either Scenario. That Said I hope their Mindset is ... JUST WIN

Last edited:

dinghydi

Juniors
Well, I am living in Mullumbimby and seeing a girl who may or not be growing mushies…

And if we are in the GF, I’ll drive.
I’ll be Johnny Appleseed of the funghi.

best taken after the game, don’t want to peak early like I do at magic round…holy smokes.

anyways…
Go mighties.
OMG! If She/he is growing a mo I think you need to take stock ! Good on you if you are not worried just don't want you to be shocked and surprised and broken hearted , later on .

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Wow big difference between the stats to Hughes & Hynes since Hynes arrived at Sharks. Hughes game has really improved, prob dally M this year & Hynes, well, hes not really a starting player is he? Good on him for extracting a $1 million per year for 7 years though! Good money if you can get it!
Hughes running metres 8729 (actually 7829) Hynes 4117
Hughes LB's 69 Hynes 14
Did you get these stats from blacktip-reefy?

Using a different source than a graphic from NRL 360, nrl.com, Nicho is actually ahead. "since Hynes arrived at Sharks" stats from this different source looks very different.

Running metres since 2022Games played since 2022Average running metres per game since 2022
Jahrome Hughes670763106
Nicho Hynes769961126

1726280655663.png
1726280552137.png

sources

Apparently weather in Melbourne is shyte today.

Drizzly rain.

No wonder they called the Rugba League team down there the Storm.

Kicking game and handling will be key.

It’s imperative we score first.

Storm are great front runners.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Talakai next to Hynes is a worry.
Munster will target them all afternoon
Any of the options would be a defensive worry.

Talakai's lateral movement is dubious
Vea'ila the rookie would be risky
Atkinson had his worst defensive game at centre 2 weeks ago missing 5 tackles from 14 attempts

So, you just gotta go with Talakai as he has far more upside in attack out of the backfield. DA on the bench might be able to open the game up later.

We can even that up by attacking their right side where Meaney and Warbrick are. That's the Storms weaker side where 43% of tries conceded are scored by oppositions. Meaney also gets dropsy and Warbrick makes dodgy decisions and can also have dropsy. If Sharks kickers could bomb as well as other bombers an aerial attack to Meaney could be the way to go.

SharkShocked

Bench
Key will be the simple stuff, don't turn over the ball coming out of our end and give them easy opportunity to get at the edges.

If they hold the ball and do all the basics right - they will be right in it. Sounds basic - but so many weeks we beat ourselves.

Needs to end now if they want a chance of being respected.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Key will be the simple stuff, don't turn over the ball coming out of our end and give them easy opportunity to get at the edges.

If they hold the ball and do all the basics right - they will be right in it. Sounds basic - but so many weeks we beat ourselves.

Needs to end now if they want a chance of being respected.
Would be really good if we can keep the ball in play for long periods as we have been doing. As the Panthers do. The Storm. Fatigue is such a BIG factor in the new bullshit NRL. The Sharks have been good at playing fatigue inducing footy for the last month. Except when the Warriors did it to us. I don't know if the Sharks are 100% healthy but they are very aerobically fit and have the ability to fatigue any team

fizman

Bench
1. Discipline.
2. Ruck interpretation from the Referee.
3. Second Phase Play - They struggle against it.
4. No individual unforced errors.
5. When we are on top we must score points - no value being dominant for 20 minutes and lead 2-0.