What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
So if it ends up melbourne v panthers and there is a AFL game on the friday night in melbourne, do you reckon they will play it on friday?

Prelim weekend the only game in Melbourne for the afl is on a Saturday.

So storm will get the friday night game as the Afl is in adelaide. Plus get and extra day to recover before grand final.

Roosters will play Saturday night hopefully against us

Avenger

Immortal
So does anyone know which night the prelim will be on when we beat either the sharks/cowboys next weekend?

Will we be beating the Roosters at Allianz on the Friday or Saturday night?
When do we play today's winner ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's more Sydney teams remaining in the AFL finals than Melbourne teams. The only Melbourne team left is Richmond, plus Geelong who are forced to play their home finals at the MCG.

84 Baby

Referee
I'll tell you all what irritates me, and that is when Smith is about to take a tap and then he hesitates and points out the opp players who have run 1or 2 steps put of the line. That shits me no end.
I believe it is also against the rules? Someone may know better than I but you can't fake a tap. Very least it's not in spirit of game. Although I think it's allowable in #cammyrulesfootball

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I believe it is also against the rules? Someone may know better than I but you can't fake a tap. Very least it's not in spirit of game. Although I think it's allowable in #cammyrulesfootball
Well he did it at least twice late in the second half yesterday.

strider

Post Whore
Also very legit on #cam356 day

emjaycee

Coach
I heard em talking about finals experience on the radio pre-game ... smith, cronk, slater each have about 28 games - they didnt say overall what melbourne had ... the whole parra team parra has 38 finals games combined mostly beau and jennings and i guess mannah has 4
Auva'a is a grand final winner.

emjaycee

Coach
I heard em talking about finals experience on the radio pre-game ... smith, cronk, slater each have about 28 games - they didnt say overall what melbourne had ... the whole parra team parra has 38 finals games combined mostly beau and jennings and i guess mannah has 4

More players with finals experience than I thought we would have:
Smith (2)
Jenko (11)
Auva'a (4)
Norman (1)
Mannah (4)
Scott (12)
Vave (1)
Matagi (3)

There is your 38 before last night @strider

I'm happy with the clarification, where did i say i wasn't? I am just saying that one day, whether it be 5 or 10 years away they will make the call the other way and probably come up with a different reason why it was correct and off side. I will remember and i will remind them. Does it mean anything? f**k no. Will i feel better? No. But it will prove that they know f**king nothing about the game they adjudicate on.

I'm with BA and strider, it just should have gone upstairs and i would love to see what result the bunker came up with cause i guarantee you Archer was digging and a team of employees were digging to come up with something proved them right.

It rarely happens so of course we won't see it again soon but mark my words when it does they will rule something different........its what they do.

Considering some of the tries they've gone to the bunker for this year that are clear a day, you would think with a play that long and that one particular incident that they would have went upstairs.

The onfield officials would have been petrified that it wasn't a try so just blew the whistle......

My problem with the referees and the Storm isn't with the calls like this one (or even the 1st try). I actually don't think (in the long run) that they do any better on those calls (they're just better at turning those calls into points). It's the subtle, but regular calls around the ruck (in attack and defense) that they get the most juice from.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our completion rate was better than theirs ... we dropped a few balls, but so did they ... they made more errors than us

I would call the Mau taking out Slater one very poor discipline ... it was dumb and unnecessary ... i dont think any other penalties were really dumb other than a last minute frustrated one when the game was over

The only reason they dominated 2nd half possession was a 6-1 penalty count ... i dont believe we were that ill disciplined ... i would call maybe 2 or 3 of them silly penalties ... but its still baffling we only manage 1 penalty in a half of footy against the most penalised team in the nrl

Over? We would of had ball with a full set. They would of kicked inside thier 25. Our set prob starts around 35mtr mark. We get atleast a bomb on last in an attacking position.

hindy111

Post Whore
I always thought sharks will win gf back to back. Unsure at moment as I feel we can kncok them out.
If they get past the eels though I dont see Roosters stopping them. Id be confident the sharks will romp them.
Yes roosters snuck past them last time but Bird wasnt there. And not sure if missed a few others. Sharks have their measure.

Kornstar

Coach
My problem with the referees and the Storm isn't with the calls like this one (or even the 1st try). I actually don't think (in the long run) that they do any better on those calls (they're just better at turning those calls into points). It's the subtle, but regular calls around the ruck (in attack and defense) that they get the most juice from.

Absolutely, the amount of piggy backs they get our of their own end is amazing. Many times it is like clockwork. It is well documented how many tries are scored off the back of piggy back penalties, so not surprising they get plenty of them.

Also the stat about the cheats being the most penalised would be skewed for them because i would imagine a good percentage of those would be when teams are attacking their line. They are happy to cop 3 or 4 penalties back to back knowing that ref Smith will talk to the refs and ensure there is no caution or sin bins. The refs are too weak to tell him to f**k off.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I always thought sharks will win gf back to back. Unsure at moment as I feel we can kncok them out.
If they get past the eels though I dont see Roosters stopping them. Id be confident the sharks will romp them.
Yes roosters snuck past them last time but Bird wasnt there. And not sure if missed a few others. Sharks have their measure.

I may be crazy but i reckon getting past cronulla next week will be tougher then the roosters.

Its how much it took out the boys yesterday and how it affects them next week.

If we get through cronulla i reckon we will get to grand final.

Thats if cronulla win today of course

Basil Brush

Juniors
I was talking to my brother (Tigers fan) after the game yesterday and he said to me "I feel sorry for you guys after that game". I actually told him "I feel more confident now after that game that we will meet them in the GF and beat them".

I honestly believe that too.

Call me delusional.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I may be crazy but i reckon getting past cronulla next week will be tougher then the roosters.

Its how much it took out the boys yesterday and how it affects them next week.

If we get through cronulla i reckon we will get to grand final.

Thats if cronulla win today of course
I think we will get plenty of confidence out of the Storm game (or maybe just the fans will). The problem with the Sharks game is it is pretty much 50-50. So we're as much chance of winning as them, but it'll come down to essentially a coin toss over who wins. That mightn't be us.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unless cpwbpys hit them hard and bust some bones.
Maloney and Bird injuries and it changes a lot.

I think we come out of yesterdays game ok.