What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quarter Finals

Pommy

Coach
Who would have thought it, two years after being booed off the pitch to chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” we would be in the semis.

Mental, no matter what happens now they’ve done us proud as far as I’m concerned.

Pommy

Coach
Haven't beat any real opposition getting there. Easiest draw ever.

Best chance they'll have to win the thing for a long while.

We’re holders of the under 17s and 20s world cups looking beyond this tournament the national side is on the up.
In 4 years the young players in this side will be seniors and be they should be boosted by the players coming through the system.

t-ba

Post Whore
f**king useless Swedes. Now we have to rely on the Slavs to get the job done.

DC80

Juniors
Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Russia up 1-0.

A Russia vs England semi would be nuts. What ref would seriously want that gig?

Danish

Referee
Those ruskis that missed will have just given up tea for the rest of their lives

Canard

Immortal
You could see the disbelief in the Russians when the went down 2-1 in extra time, "so wait this isn't rigged???"

Well done to Spurs making the Cup Semi-final also

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Funny going into this no one really gave England much of a chance, yeh they had a free pass through the group stage but weren’t thought to be a serious threat of going deep. I remember saying to a mate that it wouldn’t surprise me if they actually have a good tournament without the massive weight of expectation.

Over past world cups they had stacked teams with Rooney, Lampard, Cole, Gerrard, Terry, Becks, Owen etc. all world class players at the time but could never deliver as a team.

This squad is young and even though there are some really talented players you would only probably put Kane in the World Class bracket at this stage. But they are playing well and without nerves where we have seen England teams do in the past.

I think they will get past Croatia but then lose the final to either France or France B

DC80

Juniors
Funny going into this no one really gave England much of a chance, yeh they had a free pass through the group stage but weren’t thought to be a serious threat of going deep. I remember saying to a mate that it wouldn’t surprise me if they actually have a good tournament without the massive weight of expectation.

Over past world cups they had stacked teams with Rooney, Lampard, Cole, Gerrard, Terry, Becks, Owen etc. all world class players at the time but could never deliver as a team.

This squad is young and even though there are some really talented players you would only probably put Kane in the World Class bracket at this stage. But they are playing well and without nerves where we have seen England teams do in the past.

I think they will get past Croatia but then lose the final to either France or France B

The group of players just before the one you mentioned was also stacked.

Most talented England team I can remember had Shearer, Sheringham, Gascoigne, Ince, Pearce, Seaman, Adams...world class throughout.

It’s incredible that the least talented group of England players in a long time is arguably the best England team. The coach has got them playing together, like a club team.

Always been England’s weakness that (not playing together as a team). So many regional (club) divisions when they play with England which Gerrard has mentioned since he retired, but the coach Southgate has addressed this.