What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland 3/4 line is average

No Inglis, Hodges or Folau.

2 rookies (neither of them being that good), an overrated Tonga and Boyd playing out of position.

NSW have a massive advantage out wide, and I predict that will be the difference tomorrow night. NSW have way more fire power. If the blues give the ball some air they will be hard to handle.

Discuss...

jarro

Juniors
Yeah, you guys have got it in the bag, we might as well not even turn up :roll:

redvscotty

First Grade
Kiwis have the luxury of being able to change allegiances to whoever is winning that year in the Origin.

user_nat

Coach
I agree that NSW does have the better 3/4 line.

But will that matter if your halves suck?

Goddo

Bench
NSW will play to strengths: Better outside backs, a strong forward pack and strong defence on the back of Sowards kicking game.

Qld will be more direct, trying to exploit their stronger spine and good forward pack.

Can't wait: 28 hours to kick off.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Much the same was said about the entire Maroons side in '95 and look what happened

The Blues will need to turn it on to win

Slater > Dugan
Boyd > Morris
Nielsen < Jennings
Tonga < Gasnier
Yow Yeh < Uate

But to be fair Tonga > Jennings, and Yow Yeh played for Australia

Big Pete

Referee
From what I gather this is how they'll line up against one another...

Yow Yeh --- Morris
Nielsen --- Jennings
Tonga --- Gasnier
Boyd --- Uate

stormbati

Bench
Gasnier will carve Tonga up, Neilsen is out of his depth and Boyd is useless without Inglis.
Billy boy will have a case of the dropsies again, Thurston will get smashed and run around with his hands on his head like a spaz.
Can you feel it? Queensland are going down in their own backyard with all their delinquents watching from the stands.

kickback

Juniors
No Inglis, Hodges or Folau.

2 rookies (neither of them being that good), an overrated Tonga and Boyd playing out of position.

NSW have a massive advantage out wide, and I predict that will be the difference tomorrow night. NSW have way more fire power. If the blues give the ball some air they will be hard to handle.

Discuss...

Hear what your saying there mate but you have to get the ball out there first and with your halfback (who will be shiting like a big black dog) cant see him doing much. will be left to your 5/8 who is a great player, but i dont think he has the forward pack to get him any good field position. That will be left up to him with his kicking game, and all you nsw people hope like hell we dont 100 m every six

Hear what your saying there mate but you have to get the ball out there first and with your halfback (who will be shiting like a big black dog) cant see him doing much. will be left to your 5/8 who is a great player, but i dont think he has the forward pack to get him any good field position. That will be left up to him with his kicking game, and all you nsw people hope like hell we dont 100 m every six

:lol: do you even know how the game is player? The halfback isn't the sole distributor :lol: :lol: And the 5/8 isn't the sole kicker :crazy::crazy:

kickback

Juniors
:lol: do you even know how the game is player? The halfback isn't the sole distributor :lol: :lol: And the 5/8 isn't the sole kicker :crazy::crazy:

Pull all your laughing people in there boy! but if you know anything about origin you would know this. If you dont have a forward pack you have no chance, and if your half back cant anticipate play well .... his dad cant help him out there now can he

j0nesy

Bench

Hard to argue there. NSW have a slight edge in the outside backs and perhaps the back row. I agree that the QLD centres are average. However, QLDs front row and halves murder NSW.

QLD should win, but I'm tipping NSW. I think Ricky will have boys motivated and they could catch QLD on the hop.

RHCP

Bench
Maybe Boyd will actually have to do something besides twiddle his thumbs on the sidelines waiting for Inglis to create him some space this year.