What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland 3/4 line is average

Azkatro

First Grade
I'm not worried. We won 36-6 a few years back with the following backline:

1. Lockyer
2. Hegarty
3. Tate
4. Hannay
5. Sing
6. Ikin
7. Berrigan

A Kiwi telling a Qlder about Origin is laughable.

LMFAO. We're all rugby league fans here champ.

Question...did NSW have more ticker from 03-05? or 92-94? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing's for certain, they damn sure had a better team during those periods.

I'm not worried. We won 36-6 a few years back with the following backline:

1. Lockyer
2. Hegarty
3. Tate
4. Hannay
5. Sing
6. Ikin
7. Berrigan

NSW took that game lightly. They were out in the country promoting the game and not training hard.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think QLD still have the better backline. They have more proven Origin players and experience then we do. We only have one proven Origin player in our backline.

Billy Slater - Best fullback over the past few years
Darius Boyd - Great fullback and a good winger, is a proven performer for QLD and despite not playing wing at club level, is the most experienced rep winger in either team
Wille Tonga - Despite not being a likely choice for a full strength QLD side, IMO he has been in better form then Greg Inglis and deserved his spot regardless of injury. He has plenty of experience and is a proven performer for QLD
Dane Nielson - The only genuine weakness in the backline IMO. He's a rookie and nowhere near Inglis or Hodges level. But he's a good player and this unlikely shot at a QLD jersey could inspire him to take his game to a whole new level. I remember a fairly unknown Adam Mogg looking like a superstar not all that long ago when he received a similar opportunity.
Jharal Yow-Yeh - His edge as a winger was his combination with Hodges, but he's still a good solid winger with an Australian test behind him where he beat out some very experienced players and others who were in great form.

Josh Dugan - Would have rated him right up there near Billy Slater toward the start of the year. But I don't think he has been anywhere near his best in the regular season and his constant injuries have held him back. I think he selection was a huge gamble... I just hope he's fully fit and ready to play like he did for the All Stars.
Brett Morris - Good club winger and has looked good in strong Australian sides. But in his 3 Origin matches so far has looked out of his depth. IMO he's the worst of the wingers from either side.
Michael Jennings - Similar to Brett Morris. Good club centre (in poor form though) and has looked great for Australia. But so far in Origin is yet to play well.
Mark Gasnier - Our only proven Origin performer. He's the best centre playing tonight and hopefully he's fully fit and ready to go.
Akuila Uate - Despite being a rookie I rate his chances at stepping up tonight as much higher then Brett Morris. I think he and Gasnier will be a handful. That said he's still the least experienced winger playing tonight and it's hard to tell how he'll handle the occasion.

RABK

Referee
YES

Yes it is, the only time i would willingly go to NSW is if we went to war against you.

The floods would look like a leaking sink compared to the destruction the mobilisation of NSW armed forces would bring to shitty QLD.

Coaster

Bench
The floods would look like a leaking sink compared to the destruction the mobilisation of NSW armed forces would bring to shitty QLD.

i promise if it NSW flooded, the only thing i would donate is about 6000 crocodiles.

Shorty

Staff member
Clearly with comments like that, you have nothing to blow.
Oh it's banter is it? You've always been a wanker, enough said.

RABK

Referee
Clearly with comments like that, you have nothing to blow.
Oh it's banter is it? You've always been a wanker, enough said.

Glad you're a fan. I wouldn't have the slightest clue who the f**k you are.

Hutty1986

Immortal
As for the orignal post, I think NSW does certainly have an advantage out wide, but Boyd and Slater can be devastating (the latter more so) and will need to be kept in check. There's no way their 3/4 line can be described as 'average' though, it's just the rest of the side is so good it sticks out a bit!

redvscotty

First Grade
I don't understand the use of the floods to get a point across.

We hate QLD because they are Queensland, not because of a natural disaster affected the state that no one could control, and that NSW were sent to help out inthe clean up and recovery.

I may not be an intellectual heavyweight in the realm of Gaba and co, but if you have to resort to using the floods as insult ammo, then you are a f**king genius.

RABK

Referee
I don't understand the use of the floods to get a point across.

We hate QLD because they are Queensland, not because of a natural disaster affected the state that no one could control, and that NSW were sent to help out inthe clean up and recovery.

I may not be an intellectual heavyweight in the realm of Gaba and co, but if you have to resort to using the floods as insult ammo, then you are a f**king genius.

Can you read? Where did i use the floods as an insult? I used their scope to convey hyperbole in response to hyperbole.

Azkatro

First Grade

It amuses me that NSW supporters kind of go with the whole "Queenslanders are uneducated, ignorant hicks" angle when their state contains Newcastle.