What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland and NSW Under 19s sides

Tigertread

Juniors
Queensland and NSW Under 19s sides to play at Telstra Stadium next Wednesday, 24 May

XXXX QLD Under 19s

1. Jackson Nicolau (Norths Devils)
2. Denan Kemp (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
3. Junior Sau (Canberra Raiders)
4. Will Chambers (Norths Devils)
5. Israel Folau (Norths Devils)
6. Joel Moon (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
7. Michael Bond (Aspley Devils)
8. David Taylor (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
9. Nathan Strudwick (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
10. Isaac Schwenke (Norths Devils)
11. Scott Bolton (North QLD Young Guns)
12. Largi Setu (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13. Keiron Lander (Aspley Devils)
14. Mark Offerdahl (Manly Sea Eagles)
15. Rodney Griffin (Balmain Tigers)
16. Charlie Fetoai (Aspley Devils)
17. Paoa Faamita (Bulldogs)
Coach: Wayne Treleaven

NSW Under 19s

1. Shannon McDonnell (Balmain Ryde)
2. Akuila Uate (Newcastle Knights)
3. Kris Inu (Parramatta Eels)
4. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
5. Michael Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
6. Jarrod Mullen (Newcastle Knights)
7. Luke Walsh (Newcastle Knights)
8. Tim Grant (Penrith Panthers)
9. Stuart Flanagan (Balmain Ryde)
10. Jacob Ling (Newcastle Knights)
11. Mitchell Aubusson (Sydney Roosters)
12. Cory Paterson (Newcastle Knights)
13. Setaimata Sa (Newtown Jets)
14. Dean Rysko (Western Suburbs)
15. Edward Pettybourne (South Sydney)
16. Jon Tupou (Newcastle Knights)
17. Tony Williams (Parramatta Eels)

Iafeta

Referee
I'm guessing this is residents basis? As Sa and Inu I'm fairly confident are both Kiwi eligible, I think Inu may have played for NZ "A" last year.

Tigertread

Juniors
Iafeta said:
I'm guessing this is residents basis? As Sa and Inu I'm fairly confident are both Kiwi eligible, I think Inu may have played for NZ "A" last year.
I don't know about the NSW side but this is the second year Qld have picked their side on State of Origin basis.

This may be a daft question - Are the u/19 players allowed to play club football on the weekend? Shanon McDonnell will undoubtedly be called upon to fill in for Hodgo and I was wondering whether his selection in the u/19 team would override club commitments.

Johns Magic

Referee
TV Ted Ellery said:
This may be a daft question - Are the u/19 players allowed to play club football on the weekend? Shanon McDonnell will undoubtedly be called upon to fill in for Hodgo and I was wondering whether his selection in the u/19 team would override club commitments.

From what I've been told Jarrod Mullen won't be available for the Knights this week due to the Under 19's match, so one would assume McDonnell would be out as well.

nadera78

Juniors
Setaimate Sa is not only Kiwi eligible, he has lived in Christchurch all of his live until the start of this season. On what basis is he eligible for NSW? In a year or two, when he plays for the Kiwis, we'll have to listen again to people going on about the international eligibility rules again. Stupid, selection.

And both Michael Bond and Rodney Griffin have both already played for PNG, so I don't know why they've been picked for Qld.

girvie

Staff member
Iafeta said:
I don't think it is entirely residents based because Qld have picked 5 players who are playing in NSW.

Tigertread

Juniors
nadera78 said:
And both Michael Bond and Rodney Griffin have both already played for PNG, so I don't know why they've been picked for Qld.
They are both Queenslanders who helped the PNG Development side. Like I said earlier, the Qld side is picked on Origin not resident.

MELROO

Juniors
Hey guys, this is my first day, did hear that Sa pulled out, think he wants to play with Kiwis, also what constitutes origin, cause I know some kids who played in trials who are from NSW, they played there last year.

girvie

Staff member
Do they pick an Australian Under-19s team at any point after this match?

Hurriflatch

Referee
It was previously resident based

Guess QLD have changed but NSW have not

back in 2002 Willie Tonga played in this match for NSW

Inu played for New Zealand 'A' last year in the curtain raiser to the match at the Olympic Stadium the week after the grand final against a Aussie team that had the likes of Mason etc playing. NZ 'A' won that game

Unlike the Origin the players named in this match can play for their club this weekend

Jarryd Hayne has been named in the Parramatta side to play the Panthers on Friday Night.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I can't really see Kris Inu playing

hasn't played for at least a month for Parra due to injury.

but haven't read anything yet so you never know

MELROO

Juniors
Girvie,

They pick a Junior Kangaroos side from this game. Last year they played Papua New Guinea in Darwin, New Guinea side made up of any player in Qld or NSW who had Papua heritage. Then played Kiwi A's before test match, with 5 of the Aussies who didn't make team eg. Willie Mason, Shrek, Matt Cooper, Scott Prince and the rest 19 year olds. This year they may tour England in October or November.

rugged

Juniors
I know QLD now try to pick those who would play for QLD origin one day, not New Zealand.

girvie

Staff member
What time does the game start?

I will be getting there early for this one.

rugged

Juniors
After 25 minutes, score is 10 nil to QLD.

Tries by Joel Moon and Denan Kemp.

Go QLD!!

Latest posts