What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland cheating again

Big Pete

Referee
The only state declaring Origin dead was NSW.

The Carney Army will probably be behind bars before the first line of the National Anthemn are even sung at Suncorp Stadium.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Pages and pages of qld dribble, same old story. It's only cheating if NSW does it, remember?
Such unfounded arrogance, cannot wait to roll you this year and bring the shield home.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Pages and pages of qld dribble, same old story. It's only cheating if NSW does it, remember?
Such unfounded arrogance, cannot wait to roll you this year and bring the shield home.

tumblr_l6ypvrTOrs1qa1scv.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RHCP

Bench
Complete non-story. Didn't even know or care about Martin Kennedy's eligibility until Rothfield brought it up. He wants to play for Queensland, which he is within his rights to do, then so be it. Kade Snowden, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Aiden Tolman, Tim Mannah, Tim Grant, Michael Weyman, Luke Douglas > Martin Kennedy, won't be cracking either side anytime soon.

How long did he spend in Queensland? Genuine question, as I've read three differing accounts in the DT (2, 8 and 10).

Greg Inglis is a Blue. But trying to put Martin Kennedy, Petero Civoniceva and Sam Thaiday in the same boat is an incredible stretch and makes me embarrassed that Phil Rothfield supports the same state as I do.

It's tough to come up with a blanket eligibility rule that will suit every situation. Birthplace should hold no weight imo.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

More tears from blue crybabies.

The funny thing is that NSW did cheat, but there weren't scores of newspaper articles and columns whinging about it as there are now, or hoardes of QLD fans sobbing endlessly about it.

And a massive lol at Backdoor having a go at QLD for picking players not born in this country. Did he forget he was born in Tripoli?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I've said it before and it rings true more than ever - the supporters and opinion-makers in NSW are absolutely obsessed with Queensland. Every single move by Qld is analysed, discussed and copied south of the border to the extent that it's become quite pitiful. If, just for once they focussed on themselves they may enjoy some success in the arena. Fat chance though as the envy and obsession seems to grow stronger every year.

I find it interesting to speculate on who is in the blues side but when it comes to the crunch, I really don't give a toss.

It's a sad reflection on State footy in NSW that they resort to such cheap and nasty tactics employed in this case. Ricky Stuart has a nerve to call Martin Kennedy and tell him to 'watch what he says'. We shouldn't expect less from the man though.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Who cares about this nuffie boys. Just abuse the turncoat every week, he plays in Sydney after all. Suck it up and let our hate grow strong. We may get some of that little-brother syndrome the poo-reds jerk off about. When we beat the poo-red state this year it will be all so much sweeter.

Now we have had our bad patch we are better for it. I used to EXPECT NSW victory because or talent was that much superior. Now they have had their brief golden period I will savour every series win so much more. At the end of the day every one knows we historically have the better team with all else being equal, and that will be proven again soon enough. Funny how cocky the poo-reds are seeing though they lost 3 in a row before this and should have been 4 if not for a brainfart in game 3 2006. Grimes contribution to this forum = putting jpegs of people crying in threads and throwing bait 24/7, would be much better utilised in the fight club IMO, quiet sad.

Tweed Titan

Bench
:lol: I wouldnt call the greatest winning streak in origin history brief.

5 years out of 103 seems an aberration to me. Oh wait only the current 30 years count :lol:.

We were the cheaters then I suppose, because your primitive state couldn't create an economy that could support paying people money. :lol:

bonestorm

Juniors
With two states situated side by side, and families moving between them, there will always be grey areas.

Ultimately, there is no rule set that can possibly cover every eventuality and still retain the ideal for which Origin was created (e.g. a blanket policy on birth certs determining eligibility would only make the problem worse). I think that in the end, if there is contention, it has to come down to the player's choice. If Martin Kennedy had stated he wanted to play for NSW, Qlders would not want him playing for the maroons on principle.

And on that, Martin Kennedy is still a nobody who may never play Origin. Why the fuss? I remember a huge furore over Craig Polla-Mounter's eligibility (played schoolboy footy in Qld, chose to play for NSW) and in the end he never really played well enough to warrant Origin selection at all.

And above all of that, Origin isn't won by how your team looks on paper. NSW has a pool of players that can win an Origin series, they just need to select the right players, come up with a decent gameplan and execute it on the night, all of which they have failed to do in recent years.

Mr Fourex

Bench
5 years out of 103 seems an aberration to me. Oh wait only the current 30 years count :lol:.

We were the cheaters then I suppose, because your primitive state couldn't create an economy that could support paying people money. :lol:

Even back in the "good ole days" QLD'rs were still winning. You had NSW sides chock full of QLD'rs who were beating QLD'rs

The more you think about it.....NSW players have had very little to do with winning......EVER

It's no wonder NSW rugby league fans start to shudder every year when interstate footy rolls around

Knightmare

Coach
Even back in the "good ole days" QLD'rs were still winning. You had NSW sides chock full of QLD'rs who were beating QLD'rs

The more you think about it.....NSW players have had very little to do with winning......EVER

It's no wonder NSW rugby league fans start to shudder every year when interstate footy rolls around

:lol: Ok then...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Grimes contribution to this forum = putting jpegs of people crying in threads and throwing bait 24/7, would be much better utilised in the fight club IMO, quiet sad.

^^ = An incredibly ironic statement given the title of this very thread and those in here who have supported it.

Now that is sad IMO.

adamkungl

Immortal
The only state declaring Origin dead was NSW.

The Carney Army will probably be behind bars before the first line of the National Anthemn are even sung at Suncorp Stadium.

Is old man Lockyer gonna have another go this year? Carney, Bird, Dugan, the Hayneplane...QLD are farked...tbh you're just lucky Kenny-Dowall is a Kiwi, then it would really get embarrassing...