What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Cup vs Bartercard Cup

carlnz

Bench
Very soon there will be a team made up from both Cups and a match will be played...our boys will win.....

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Will be an interesting game but I reckon Qld will do you for the first few times.

Saw the grand finals of your two main comps and was impressed but I reckon our defense is stronger.

Your Fox Mem rep side would beat our Brisbane A Grade rep side though for mine.

DIEHARD

----
Is there really a match between QLD Cup and NZ Bartercard? Whats the details? This is gonna rule.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
theres no doubting that the bartercard side would go for size and probably stack the side with warriors contracted players....but i think the pace of the qld cup side would probably do over the bartercard side...just from seeing a few games from last year and what the boys back home tell me of this year, the speed of the game is still lacking compared to the qld cup and some clubs and players arent too professional in the way they go about things...tawera nikau could be a goer to coach the bartercard team too!

i agree with you stewie...the fox has improved heaps since the bartercard 1st appeared, the fox final last year wasnt too flash, but it was good to see mangere win...troy thompson the halfback for hibiscus was rats, lost it for the coast.

keep an eye out for the te atatu roosters too...they are playing in the grading round at the mo...doing alot better this year than last year, probably still end up in 2nd divison, but they would be good odds to win the 2nd div.

ozbash

Referee
it would be very even imo and i think the physical size and toughness of our maori/polynesian players would tip it our way.

have to be a 3 game series.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
ozbash said:
it would be very even imo and i think the physical size and toughness of our maori/polynesian players would tip it our way.

have to be a 3 game series.

Sounds great. Stuff NSW they wont release their players to play us.

Back it up with a playoff between the premiers at end of season too. Sont know why we bother to try to play sydney.

I reckon you could make a decent side out of all the Kiwis that are currently playing in the Qld Cup. There's certainly a few of them here.

ozbash

Referee
i would like to see the winner of the bartercard play the winner of the qld cup.

qld used to be regular tourists over here, shame it stopped.

crocodileman

Juniors
i would like to see the winner of the bartercard play the winner of the qld cup.

qld used to be regular tourists over here, shame it stopped.
It stopped because there was a larger contingent of Kiwis outside local Centrelink offices than there were in NZ. Who cares what you would like Ozbash; you're probably like all those other males from the great film "Whale Rider" - sitting on your fat arses waiting for an opportunity fall out of the sky.

The only Kiwi who ever amounted to anything in life was the great miler John Walker. When he was interviewed by 'Runners World' in 1978 he said that the secret to his speed and endurance was thus:-
"I just visualise myself running and being chased by thousands of my countrymen who are all trying to drag me down to their level - it makes me run so hard I can't stop."

If the Qld Cup winner played the Bartercard Cup winner your mob would spend half the game in the dressing rooms trying to steal wallets from opposition players pockets. in fact, if Ipswich won the Qld Cup, you could play the whole game in there!!

ozbash

Referee
woohoo
touchy little f**ka arnt you ? your team lose this weekend ?

you're probably like all those other males from the great film "Whale Rider" - sitting on your fat arses waiting for an opportunity fall out of the sky.

nope- wrong colour but it was a good movie

The only Kiwi who ever amounted to anything in life was the great miler John Walker
I believe you lot thought jo bejlke peterson (sp) was the worlds greatest kiwi

If the Qld Cup winner played the Bartercard Cup winner your mob would spend half the game in the dressing rooms trying to steal wallets from opposition players pockets.

waste of time, apart from the dolphin players the rest are bludgers who wouldnt have 2 cents to rub together.

get a f**king life you clown. :D

crocodileman

Juniors
get a f***ing life you clown.
Pretty funny that anyone in New Zealand is telling someone from Australia to get a life. Silly me, I thought that statistics show that the planes full of you low life bludgers are arriving en masse every day, all looking for a life.

Do you remember the good old days Ozbash when freek shows toured the country (e.g. bearded lady, dwarfs, etc) I was thinking that we could turn all of NZ into one big freek show for the entertainment of the rest of the western world. Your footballers (Union & League) are running jokes - that great Powerhouse of League, the NQ Cowboys just did another number on your blokes.

Just get your thick scone back to your own forum - I actually think there may have been a post on it in the last month.

ozbash

Referee
Just get your thick scone back to your own forum - I actually think there may have been a post on it in the last month.
yea, sure bigmouth, whatever you say. :lol:

ozbash

Referee
no mate, there was a bit of truth in it actually :D

the thing that hurt was the "low" in low life bludgers,
us kiwis aim high :lol:

weasel

First Grade
I suppose it's hard to gauge how good the Bartercard cup sides are as we can't see them play at all but I doubt any of them would come close to competing with Redcliffe and the Clydesdales. Both those sides could probably handle many of the weaker NRL sides, Toowoomba basically did just that a few years ago against Wests Tigers in the guise of the Baby Broncos. Norths at full strength is probably better than a few NRL sides too, although our good young players rarely last for long before they get permanent roles in the Storm. :(

Latest posts