What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslands halves????

And his injuries have been freak injuries.. Its not like he fell and did his shoulder or knee.. One of them was when he played against the tigers, he kicked the ball, his shin wacked a tigers knee breaking it... That is a freak injury...

paulquinn49

Bench
My QLD Team

1. Slater
2. Hegarty
3. Hannay
4. Hodges
5. Sing
6. Lockyer
7. Berrigan/Smith
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan/Smith
10. Price
11. Carlaw
12. Carrol
13. Crocker

14. Bowen
15. Flannery
16. Civoniceva
17. Ross

Wesser will be unlucky again, I think Slater can handle fullback and i think he is better than Wesser. Left Tate out cause he doesnt look to be over his injury and didnt play good on the weekend. Carrol only in the starting line up cause my bench looked light. So i dropped Civoniceva back

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Sing
3. Brent Tate
4. Justin Hodges
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Steve Price
13. Chris Flannery

14. Ben Ross
15. Corey Parker
16. Micheal Crocker
17. Matt Bowen

Shifty

Juniors
I hope your wrong about Slater and Hodges being selected in the same side Mr A, but I can see why you'd want it.

".....and at the end of the first half we have NSW leading 36-0 with all tries coming from in-goal passes from Hodges to Slater or Slater to Hodges."

Pigskin

Juniors
reading between the lines, I'd be surprised if Schifcofske ever plays for Qld again .... and nor should he, dances around and submits in tackles and there are no holes for somebody of his pace in Origin to make breaks - hey its just an opinion - and Cameron Smith or even Lockyer are not much worse if at all kicking goals

World club challenge and his start to the season might keep Wesser out again

Billy Slater looks outstanding but Bowen fills a similar role and can play hooker or in the halves if necessary

Only a matter of time before Fien is either in front of, or playing alongside Sheppard at the cowboys and he is a little bigger and tougher (although still injury prone) than Prince - and although Seymour has more talent than all of them, may be a year or two off yet

Oink !

Shifty

Juniors
Slater is awesome in attack, but his defence is shocking, his positional play poor, (he does not organise the defence the way Lockyer or Schifofske do) and he panics under pressure. He has a bad tendancy to throw wild/hospital passes in his own 22 and he isn't good at making up for mistakes.

Not the sort of player I'd like to see in Maroon at this stage.

Tigertread

Juniors
Nathan Fien to be Qld half.
He is getting back to the form he so promised a couple of seasons ago.
Sitting out last season has made him hungry.

Shifty

Juniors
Great to see Fien playing well, Queensland needs some competition in the halves especially with all the depth that NSW have.

Anonymous

Juniors
Shifty said:
Slater is awesome in attack, but his defence is shocking, his positional play poor, (he does not organise the defence the way Lockyer or Schifofske do) and he panics under pressure. He has a bad tendancy to throw wild/hospital passes in his own 22 and he isn't good at making up for mistakes.

Not the sort of player I'd like to see in Maroon at this stage.

I suggest you watch a few more Storm games :roll:

Shifty

Juniors
Slater has a lot of improvement to make, understandable given his short time in the game. I don't deny that he is one of the most potent attackers in the game, but Schifofske is a better full-back.

Shifty

Juniors
Given the quality of halves in Brisbane at the moment thats not a big achievement is it really
I don't know if I could handle being grouped with Lockyer, he's certainly not in very good company is he. ;-)

tdcockers

Juniors
I'm not even certain that all these blokes a qlders, but i think the team i would go with is:

1. Billy Slater (Storm) Changed my mind, decided i didn't want schif
2. Shannon Hegarty (Roosters)
3. Shaun Berrigan (Broncos)
4. Josh Hannay (Cowboys)
5. Matt Sing (Cowboys)
6. Jonathan Thurston (Bulldogs)
7. Darren Lockyer (Broncos)
8. Shane Webcke (Broncos)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. Steve Price (Bulldogs)
11. Petero Civoniceva (Broncos)
12. Dane Carlaw (Broncos)
13. Scott Sattler (Panthers)

14. Ben Ross (Panthers)
15. Kirk Reynoldson (Storm)
16. Michael Crocker (Roosters)
17. Corey Parker (Broncos)

Raider_69

Post Whore
i recon schif has got to be first inline for the origin spot, but now that hagan is coach watch OD get it, even though it cant be justified by knowing johns game anymore

i love any subject in which schifs name will come up, get some crack up attempts at his name, these are two good efforts, not the best ive seen "Chifcofske", "schifofske" :clap: :lol: :lol: