What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quentin Pongia to play for St George

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Illawarra Mercury reports that ex-Raider, Quentin Pongia will play for Saints in 2003. The Dragons have been hit heavily by injuries even before the season kicks off and Pongia may be used as a back-up player. Pongia is currently playing Villeneuve Leopards in France, has not played in the NRL since his stint with the Roosters ended in 2001. The 32-year-old prop will not be available until May and will be used as a back-up for NSW props Jason Ryles and Luke Bailey during the hectic representative season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hard and grey I would think...lol
No seriously, Pongia, along with Lomax, was always used by the Raiders to thump blokes... I always thought he was a better player than that.
Good to have him aboard... he'll come in handy when the other blokes are ripping the Queenslanders to bits.

top pick up for the dragons

i was spewin when pongia left the chooks

he's hard as nails and will cart the ball up all day
good solid prop

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thinkLeikvoll isgone for the year Buddley. I've heard it a few times now but dont much about the detail. Maybe no one cares too much - gives some other new blokes a chance to prove themselves.

B

bender

Looking at the St George Legends team vs USA, Would Brad Mackay and Mark Coyne be two other older players that might come in handy for the saints? They look a bit ordinary this year to me.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I understand that Brad Mackay was still playing in the Thirroul last year... and Mark Coyne looks as fit as ever.... so ya never know.
What about Alf Langer pulling on the boots for one more old fella year at Brissie... ?