What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for league fans, specifically Warriors fans

Martli

Coach
PS. If its any consolation we had nearly $1,000,000 on the injured bench tonight

It's not really, the fact that the team that was fielded was under the cap doesn't change the fact that the entire squad isn't. This allows the Storm to still field a good team, despite having stars out. You see what I mean?

But it's irrelevant, they can't change the squad to make it fair, and this is why the Storm can't accrue points until it is (i.e. Next Season one would think). Every team has to play them, the only disadvantaged teams are the ones who have to play them twice while others will only play them once.

It really isn't worth thinking beyond that imo. Yes the Storm are cheating this year, but it's been neutralised so that it is of no benefit to them. Its not as if playing the Storm was always going to be a guaranteed two points that they have now denied that team. Pointless hypothetical.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about? I really enjoyed the Storm Testimonial game last night. Youd think by the way all the commentators were talking that they’d just discovered a cure for cancer, not committed the greatest fraud in Australian sports history.

Meth

Staff member
As every Warriors fan more or less has said, every team has to play them. We just drew the short straw to play them last night. Oh well. In any event, I am not sure a bunch of other teams for whom it was merely business as usual wouldn't have put 40 on us last night. We have our own concerns at the moment

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Agree with you Mixmaster. It was the 'feel sorry for the cheating club' match. Even the Refs were feeling sorry for them. It does suck we had to play them this week 'of all weeks' but the fact of the matter is the Warriors were mud and the storm are missing about $700,000 worth of players. The bottom dollar is Cleary is a mud coach.

Rovelli

Bench
If we get denied by Suttor and Badger giving them a penalty in the last minute, then maybe we have a case.

But we were mud. We don't deserve the points.

Meth

Staff member
The only thing that is really unfair from now is that some teams will have to play the Storm twice and some once. Perhaps the Storm should have been made to forfeit their second matches with sides.

Every team that comes against the Storm still have the opportunity to take 2 points from the game.

mean

Juniors
After last nights woeful performance and hypothetically if we sacked our whole team, who would find a position in another NRL team?