What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for the Girls

My missus is a shocker for it unfortunately though I know she loves it so I am willing to do it for a day once in a while.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Alba said:
would she like this

11_1_sbl.JPG

Hmmm I really don't know, while it's similar its a bit risky in my opinion. She may love or hate it

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Sir Knight82 said:
+ What if you get her a dress thats too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - She'll be grabbing her toothbrush and running before you can say "here ya go"

A size 10 isnt always a size 10 dude!

So many things that can go wrong its a suicide mission.....

ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT!

LOL

While I agree it is not easy, if I can pull it off she will be extremely impressed.

And I get nauseas being at a shopping centre for longer then an hour

Being a classy lady, it's the same with every gift, she is very critical and hard to predict, I think I can play it safe a little and might just get away with it.

Alba

Coach
i cant seem to find what shops there are in brisbane i was hoping u were in sydney but uhm try boutique stores they will have the kinda stuff you're after .. but it wont come cheap ..

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Alba said:
i cant seem to find what shops there are in brisbane i was hoping u were in sydney but uhm try boutique stores they will have the kinda stuff you're after .. but it wont come cheap ..

Ok thanks for your help, if it has to be that way then that's the way it has to be.

Has to be right or it's pointless I guess

warren

Juniors
you could always try zimmerman, they always seem to have cute little cocktail dresses. but im not sure if they're in brisbane. morrissey even?

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
warren said:
you could always try zimmerman, they always seem to have cute little cocktail dresses. but im not sure if they're in brisbane. morrissey even?

Great suggestion Warren, I looked it up and there is one just down the road

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
Try a black dress you can never go wrong with a black dress...plus she can add pretty stuff to it ect and also make it a tad stretchy cos you never know of the different ways people size these dresses

98_10.JPG

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Panthers_Gurl said:
Try a black dress you can never go wrong with a black dress...plus she can add pretty stuff to it ect and also make it a tad stretchy cos you never know of the different ways people size these dresses

98_10.JPG

Hey I was thinking black was safe but I didn't conjure up this image that looks fantastic.

brook

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
+ What if you get her a dress thats too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - She'll be grabbing her toothbrush and running before you can say "here ya go"

A size 10 isnt always a size 10 dude!

So many things that can go wrong its a suicide mission.....

ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT!

no no no you don't understand women at ALL

If buy clothes that are too BIG for them they'll take it as an intentional insult and you'll probably get a black eye

Buy clothes that fit and we'll be happy

Buy clothes too small and most women will be flattered

the exception is underwear - then you should always buy the bottoms too small and the top either too small and don't even attempt the bra unless you KNOW her size 'cause either way you get it wrong will be taken as an insult

strewth_mate

Bench
Picky :p

Well if the dress is too big, they'll either be flattered, or distressed that they're actually not the size that you imagined and then start thinking that you wish they were that size. Oh but they won't tell you of course ;-) I suppose just check the sizes of her other clothes and get a style that reminds you of her and you think she'll like.

If she can't at least appreciate the effort then that's a shame because most women will likely never have to go through such a hellish experience when it comes to choosing presents where it feels like you're putting yourself out of pocket just to upset a girl... Best of luck :D

There's also another way you can do it, if your out with her just wonder through shops and see what she "gravitates" towards, and then get your idea's from that. That's how i buy presents for alot of people, tho im not a clothes shopping type of person!

brendothejet

First Grade
Okay mate,

You are seriously on a hiding to nothing here. In my time I've purchased some presents and organised some special little moments.

You want a tip?

your gonna spend a couple hundred bucks on dress right?

waste of money. What do girls spend their dosh on? Clothes. Why? because they love em and they love going around and looking at lots of different things, comparing styles cuts and materials. If you remove this you remove all the fun.

You want to make this girl your own then heres what you do.

Part 1) by her a trip to the salon where she gets the hair, facial, nails treatement. Tell her to enjoy the day and get ready cause your taking her to dinner that night.

Part 2) Pick her up at about 4:30 and say "sorry but i have to go drop something somewhere before we go." Make sure she is aware that you have to leave early because she will need the time to get ready. Never fluster a woman before you go out, they will not talk to you.

Part 3) Drive to the airport where you have two tickets booked for a flight to sydney. Surprise!

Part 4) get off at sydney and goto the rocks. have dinner overlooking the harbour.

Part 5) go back to the airport and get on the plane home.

Part 6) she gets back to her doorstep and she realises she has been whisked away, literally. She realises how special a night it was.

Part 7) Well, when a man loves a woman....

Okay so i know what your thinking right now, $$$$

Lets break it down:

Dress: 350-400 dollars for something she will like - you said she is pretentious and picky. plus she will wear it once or twice then throw it away to the back of the wardrobe, along with the intent behind it

Facial/haircut - 120-150
2 return same day tickets with Virgin/jetstar - book in advance and this will be $200 total.

Dinner/Drinks - $100

Total cost: 420 to 450

i guarantee that you will get so much more out of it. she will have such a good time and you willhave an experience together that will last far longer than a dress.

Fashion is seasonal, love is eternal.

Brendan.

DRRRAGONS said:
LOL

While I agree it is not easy, if I can pull it off she will be extremely impressed.

And I get nauseas being at a shopping centre for longer then an hour

Being a classy lady, it's the same with every gift, she is very critical and hard to predict, I think I can play it safe a little and might just get away with it.

Your right you'll be the biggest legend ever in her eyes but its a potential relationship killer if you get a dress to small making a woman think she is fat is a cardinal sin.

Alba

Coach
brook said:
Buy clothes too small and most women will be flattered

hahahaha yeah right! either that or depressed cause they cant fit into it and theyll start thinking "oh i wish i was skinnier" ..ROTFLMAO!

Latest posts