What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question: RE Kidley

>zuzu<

Juniors
Can i ask what positions has Kidley played from?

I know that he has played FB, FE and HB - but at any stage has he played anywhere else (that includes JF/PL)

Ta.

BTW - well played yesterday. For a side with alot missing i think you guys held your own.

Serc

First Grade
Not really, though he has played in the centres in City vs Country in 2006. A few people around here, myself included, think he could play pretty well in the centres too.

As you might have noticed yesterday, he is fine for a bit of a fill in in the halves (a supporting 5/8 at best) but certainly not a long term solution.

Cheers for the nice words :D Won't feel too proud if we've helped play you lot back into form though :p

>zuzu<

Juniors
Hahahah fair enough. Something we definitly wouldnt mind :p but i guess we gotta be consistent first

Nah i was just asking - Cause i have really seen him develop of the last few years. He is a quick fix in the halves as you said - but i think a bit of credit to his defence. He defends like a lock when in the line.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Yeah - im trying to convince a mate that he has played FB, FE, HB, HK and CNTR.

Thanx for your help

roopy

Referee
First game i saw him in (a Flegg trial game) he played fullback.
He started at fullback in the regular season but played centre in Flegg and also PL for most of 2001 - but moved to 5/8 alongside John Morris at half near the end of the season - and that pair nearly snatched the title from Saints that year with a loss in double extra time in the major semi.
In firstgrade he has had one game at wing, one game at hooker, and has played a bit of lock during games, as well as his well known positions of fullback, 5/8, halfback and a dozen or so games at centre.

strewth_mate

Bench
Has he started a game in the centres in first grade? I remember he played just about half the season as starting fullback in 2002, but the only time I can recall him starting as centre was in the PM's XIII (and I'm not too sure about that either; might have been on the wing). Was he much good in the centres in juniors roopy?

roopy

Referee
strewth_mate said:
Has he started a game in the centres in first grade? I remember he played just about half the season as starting fullback in 2002, but the only time I can recall him starting as centre was in the PM's XIII (and I'm not too sure about that either; might have been on the wing). Was he much good in the centres in juniors roopy?
I'm pretty sure his first game in firstgrade was at centre (worst debut ever).
In the juniors he was an individualist in every position he played in. He was a cocky guy who always thought he could do something, and he was right mostly.
When he was playing Flegg we were on top of the table and he was scoring at better than a try a game - but when he moved up to PL they dropped to 5th or so.
When he went up to PL mid-season they were way down the bottom of the table, but he also scored near a try a game to drag them up to 4th or 5th at the end of the season, and they came within inches of stealing the title in the semis.

Basically, he was a hot dog who was near unstoppable from 10 out and could make a break anywhere on the field. He called for the ball all game - which led to James Wynne cutting him out nearly every play - but he did something brilliant almost every time he got it.

He didn't have anything in his game in the way of playmaking skills - no kicking game - rarely passed the ball unless he had made a break - never looked to set up anyone but himself.

Yosh

Coach
:D
roopy said:
He didn't have anything in his game in the way of playmaking skills - no kicking game - rarely passed the ball unless he had made a break - never looked to set up anyone but himself.

He still doesnt pass that often mostly offloads, kicking game is still horendous.

thuganomics

Coach
roopy said:
I'm pretty sure his first game in firstgrade was at centre (worst debut ever).

I think it was as a five eight against the Dragons in 01 when we got slaughtered at home. He has definitly played as a starting centre. One occasion I remember was against the Cowboys in 03 when we were winnning 48-0 at halftime.

Big Tim

First Grade
roopy said:
First game i saw him in (a Flegg trial game) he played fullback.
He started at fullback in the regular season but played centre in Flegg and also PL for most of 2001 - but moved to 5/8 alongside John Morris at half near the end of the season - and that pair nearly snatched the title from Saints that year with a loss in double extra time in the major semi.
In firstgrade he has had one game at wing, one game at hooker, and has played a bit of lock during games, as well as his well known positions of fullback, 5/8, halfback and a dozen or so games at centre.

What a heartbreak that game was. We were in all 3 Semi's and only won one of them. As it turned out, the most important. If my memory serves me well, we were close to winning the Flegg game too.

Latest posts