What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question regarding juniors

The Colonel

Immortal
they're frickin babies .... we should stop talking about kiddies .... it gets everyone's hopes up :lol:

Babies? Hmm.... they may be young but I wouldn't stand in front of some of them. Big boys for their ages. I'm not talking anyone up anyway. I just thought that Moeroa was impressive - despite the age groups.

Was searching for some info on him and the videos (obviously a proud mum, dad or relative) had been posted heaps. Apparently the club dipped into their pockets to pay tuition to keep him in rugby league. The footage suggests why.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Babies? Hmm.... they may be young but I wouldn't stand in front of some of them. Big boys for their ages. I'm not talking anyone up anyway. I just thought that Moeroa was impressive - despite the age groups.

Was searching for some info on him and the videos (obviously a proud mum, dad or relative) had been posted heaps. Apparently the club dipped into their pockets to pay tuition to keep him in rugby league. The footage suggests why.

The club tried Colonel but he is moving from Patrician Brothers Blacktown to Newington on a Union scholarship from what I've heard.

He is still allowed to play league but so I'm not sure how that works.

The Colonel

Immortal
Parramatta have dipped into their funds to pay school fees to ensure another promising young player, Tepai Moeroa, stayed in league rather than switch to rugby.
‘‘The issue of school fees can be a massive one,’’ Rogers said. ‘‘Newington [College] wanted Tepai to start now on a full boarding scholarship for the next four years. We thought we had to do what we could to help keep him in rugby league. He’s at Patrician Brothers Blacktown and he comes from a good family, so it’s better for him to stay with them

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/league/young-kids-dream-of-nrl-20090806-ea7j.html

Hopefully true....

84 Baby

Referee
The club tried Colonel but he is moving from Patrician Brothers Blacktown to Newington on a Union scholarship from what I've heard.

He is still allowed to play league but so I'm not sure how that works.
Cause Newy have a terrible rugby team and would just be glad to have him

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Cause Newy have a terrible rugby team and would just be glad to have him

Yeah it sounds like a strange setup having Union and League kind of working together.

It seems Newington are paying his school fees whilst Parra still get the benefit of using him in their Junior Reps sides.

strider

Post Whore

but thats potentially what makes them look good - cos they are more physically advanced than many of the kids they are playing

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he won't be good or anything, I just prefer not to get too concerned about kids cos there is alot between now and when they get anywhere near making a go of it

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
but thats potentially what makes them look good - cos they are more physically advanced than many of the kids they are playing

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he won't be good or anything, I just prefer not to get too concerned about kids cos there is alot between now and when they get anywhere near making a go of it

What you say makes sense and is quite often true but......
Tepai is actually born in October and therefore one of the younger players in his age.

Wait until he catches up to the older kids in his age:lol::lol:

junior fan

Juniors
What you say makes sense and is quite often true but......
Tepai is actually born in October and therefore one of the younger players in his age.

Wait until he catches up to the older kids in his age:lol::lol:

Hindy you might be able to confirm or not was told this Tepai kid is also a national shot put and discus champion and also v quick over 100m?

footy1

Juniors
Yeah it sounds like a strange setup having Union and League kind of working together.

It seems Newington are paying his school fees whilst Parra still get the benefit of using him in their Junior Reps sides.

If I remember correctly, we have a player at the Roosters named Fine Moeakiola who was on scholarship at Newington a few years back. He was allowed to play junior reps I think and also played for school. Also a kid named Adam Brent in our SG Ball side went to Scots College and continued playing SG Ball last season.

Pazza

First Grade
The player I am most excited about however is the young backrower Pat O'Hanlon. A shoulder reconstruction cost him further games in the NYC after stepping up to cover for injuries from SG Ball last year. Even after the initial injury he backed up on the weekend after to set up some good tries with some great offloads through the line. He is already a giant, just needs to fill out his frame. He could well have a taste of first grade during the trials as well IMO.

talllll kid

parrachilean31

Juniors
Since we are the subject of juniors I would like to get clarification on a question I have . Wants constitutes a local junior i will give you an example jarrad Jayne plaed for both Harold mathews in 2003 and sg ball then jersey flegg and premier league if he has played most of his junior league footy here and also cabramatta and the district would he be considered to be a junior even though he is from Minto what are your thoughts parra fans????

Stagger eel

Staff member
Since we are the subject of juniors I would like to get clarification on a question I have . Wants constitutes a local junior i will give you an example jarrad Jayne plaed for both Harold mathews in 2003 and sg ball then jersey flegg and premier league if he has played most of his junior league footy here and also cabramatta and the district would he be considered to be a junior even though he is from Minto what are your thoughts parra fans????

Jarryd Hayne :arrow: Ball and Mathews :arrow: Cabramatta :arrow: Local Junior.

no if's no but's!!!

parrachilean31

Juniors
So even though he may have played for minto cobras then he isn't a local junior. As per a mate of mine because he played for his junior side of minto he is not a junior eels

Stagger eel

Staff member
So even though he may have played for minto cobras then he isn't a local junior. As per a mate of mine because he played for his junior side of minto he is not a junior eels

if he played for Cabra he's a local junior...

no if's or but's

parrachilean31

Juniors
I totally agree but my bulldogs states that hayne and inu and Mateo are not juniors because inu is from minto and that Mateo is from auburn !!! Tried to explain the junior clubs but he states they are not juniors. Lol I just have to laugh

Stagger eel

Staff member
I totally agree but my bulldogs states that hayne and inu and Mateo are not juniors because inu is from minto and that Mateo is from auburn !!! Tried to explain the junior clubs but he states they are not juniors. Lol I just have to laugh

your bulldog mate is playing with himself...

Mateo is NOT from Auburn he's a Rydalmere boy who played for Lalor Park...

mickdo

Coach
Why would you believe a single word a bulldogs scum said. Cheating scum, end of.