What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

Havoc

Juniors
North Caringbah is recognised - nth Caringbah oval, Caringbah north public school, etc

North and south woolooware are defined by the railway line

Recognised by who? Centainly not by the Geographical Names Board of NSW... http://www.gnb.nsw.gov.au/name_search

LPI.jpg

Dread

Juniors
According to the Leader, the Council is against the development.

That's not news. They've been against it since day one.

Luckily, it's not a council decision to make. (Which is partly why they're so against it in the first place.)

spider

Coach
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...ing-report-on-sharks-development/2371003.aspx

Council's scathing report on Sharks' development

Sutherland Shire Council planning officers have delivered a scathing assessment of the Cronulla Sharks’ development proposal.

The project ‘‘has a number of significant failings’’, their report, which has been placed on the council’s website, said.

A special meeting of the environment and planning committee, to be held on Monday, will consider the report and decide whether to forward it to the Planning Department before the December 5 deadline for public submissions.

‘‘The site simply cannot accommodate such an intensive form of development without adverse effects,’’ the report said.

While the design had been ‘‘tweaked’’ in response to feedback, it had not been comprehensively altered or the intensity reduced.

‘‘The desire for the club to continue and the NRL team to be successful has aroused the support of many in the community,’’ the report said.
‘‘However, many submissions in support fail to recognise the significant environmental impact this development will have on the locality.

‘‘A centre in this location is a poor planning outcome.

‘‘The financial viability of the club is not a planning consideration.’’A response is awaited from the Sharks.

SharkShocked

Bench
A more likely theory is that they haven't actually commissioned said assessment.

Trial by media has been their method thus far, why bridge away from it.

spider

Coach
not surprising either reefy, lets not forget this is the leader...

same mob that went to print 'incorrectly' on the new major sponsor because a certain journalist was gullible

Ausguy

Coach
some of their reasoning is woeful...

the proponent has not established that the development will not adversely affect the environment

the success of any new public transport should focus on regional services rather than short shuttle service to the railway station, as the short service necessitates an undesirable mode change

the proposal is likely to create game day parking issues

while employment will be created by the new centre, after construction, most employment will provide low skilled jobs whereas the Shire needs
skilled employment to assist in employment self containment, and

while the proposal will increase housing choice in the Shire, the proposal will not provide affordable housing nor necessarily provide housing for the aged.

I wasnt aware its the sharks job to provide the shire with high skilled workers and also aged care facilities

SharkShocked

Bench
Some of the reasoning is certainly woeful - other is fair.

It doesn't read very fairly though. What would you expect though, hasn't exactly been done from a neutral perspective has it now :D

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That report is a ripper for the Sharks. it was dead set done by an amateur.
It set out to report any & all shortcomings, so its bias is evident from the first paragraph.
it almost looks like its been written under duress.
It will be ignored, even if it is lodged.

Ausguy

Coach
sharkshocked i agree some is waranted but if you read it fully like i just did they are actually pointing out issues that HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED in the proposal.

Let me try and understand this, they spent all this time creating it and then they are going to have a meeting to decide wether to submit it or not???

Why would they do that?

I still think its laughable that the sharks are responsible for aged care and creating skilled workers and affordable housing.

spider

Coach
not quite aus, the report is specifically to point out issues - some they are saying have not been addressed, some have

SharkShocked

Bench
I agree with reefy in regards to it's bias, but surely you would expect that given their position has been clearly stated.

Under duress / direction clearly set out is exactly what i was thinking when reading some of it. Particularly some of the speculation in regards to people's attitude towards walking to the station from the residential complex... that bit just made me laugh.

Havoc

Juniors
are you serious, the comment was referring to a specific area, it was not rezoning the area

but if you wish to split hairs, we best advise these people they do not exist geographically -

caringbah north public school

north caringbah activity centre

north caringbah oval

caringbah north child care

Spide, the question was asked about developments in the surrounding SUBURBS of North Caringbah and North Woolooware. It's not about splitting hairs, those suburbs simply do not exist.

spider

Coach
Spide, the question was asked about developments in the surrounding SUBURBS of North Caringbah and North Woolooware. It's not about splitting hairs, those suburbs simply do not exist.
thats correct- the suburbs do not exist, but the areas do

it was a point made in relation to area, certainly not suburb names

if the comment was scripted 'the northern part of caringbah and woolooware', as opposed to north caringbah / woolooware, we would not be mentioning it

i understand your view geographically, but im looking at it in an area context that just requires different wording

Ausguy

Coach
spide whats with your attitude towards the development lately... almost like you are against it.