What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

Megalodon

Juniors
LOL, they recognise there is no possibility of any Aboriginal objects to be found, yet they want mapping, profiling and a cultural assessment of the area for objects or any past Aboriginal occupation.

Its a wonder anything gets built in NSW.

A primary reason why the NSW economy is shot in my eyes.

The flow-on effects of the construction industry, in terms of economic health, growth and stimulus, are huge. and well known.

It's why major development and infrastructure projects are always looked at in times of economic recession or crisis.

Construction builds economies.

The problem is that the majority of vocal NIMBYs in this case are retirees unconcerned with anything to do with planning for the future as long as their here and now is not disturbed or inconvenienced.

The sad thing is that they're convinced that they're doing all of this to save the future for "the kids" when in fact all they're doing is killing off future opportunity and wellbeing for the very kids that they're wanting to protect.

Just a bunch of self-serving tools if you ask me.

LOL, I am not entering into arguments over this anymore. Will just wait for the decision, but be warned NIMBYS, I will be back with a vengence when it IS approved

Ausguy

Coach
im in the sam eboat miller... ive given the last 24 hours a rest on the leader website, those dumb nimbys make my eyes bleed.

jc155776

Coach
So council want to use football fields on date owned school land for sporting events when the schools preference is to provide parking and gain a financial benefit? How about cronulla high go and tell council and capsis to get f**ked.

f**k off capsis crony coupe.

jc155776

Coach
Also all coupe is doing is relaying talking points emailed out by f**kwit capsis. In fact maybe coupe is capsis f**kwit son who had a cry when told he wouldn't be paid for being a mascot and got his job shipped to a volunteer. The guy thought he was a professional haha

RUBIKS

Juniors

17 Storeys, if you want to count the basement level partly out of the ground
https://majorprojects.affinitylive....f4/Appendix_EE_Concept_Plans_for_Approval.pdf
(easiest to see on the section drawing on Page 11 of 14 of the PDF)
Thanks very much guys.

I guess the discrepancy of 8 - 16 stories is why I kept hearing people claiming different heights throughout arguments.

No, flooding is one of many issues I have raised against this proposal. Read back through the other thread.

It is true you have raised many issues.

However this:
Consider the development in Caringbah recently, Meriton apartments, units and medium density in many areas.

How morally acceptable is it to impose 8 towers (13 to 16 storeys in height - 700 units), a huge retail facility, at the expense of quality of life of residents, expect the Government to pay for all the infrastructure to accommodate it and then claim an iconic link to the district? Please.
Goes a long way to showing the heart of your objection.

Overall Coupe, I applaud your dedication. Apart from Shark haters, you are pretty much the only person on these forums stating an overall objection to the proposal. For whatever your reasoning, that's not an easy thing to do.

Emotions can be funny things, however if we were to take the development on its own merit - ignoring the area, ignoring the Sharks, the development has a lot to offer.

Greater Sydney suburbs need to grow to stay current, any area worth their salt is trying to get a piece of being the next CBD. Ryde, Parramatta, Kograh, Newcastle, Woolongong, heck even today Gould was trying to convince people that Penrith should be it.
For something like this to occur you need population and you need to have money changing hands. This Development ticks both boxes.

I won't even try to change your opinion (although the above appears as though I am) since each one of these threads seems to go around in circles to no resolve. Although I did quite enjoy the traffic and the OT Sand Dunes discussions contained in this one.

I just think everyone should try and have a look without their rose tinted glasses and whatever the opposite of rose may be.

stevie013

Juniors
1. To date, flooding issues have not been addressed to the satisifaction of the Office of Environment and Heritage. The Dept has expressed concerns about the flood pattern being altered by the development which may send flood waters towards surrounding suburbs. Parts of North Caringbah are a few hundred metres from the site. proof of this would be nice please
2. Economic impact on existing centres - the establishment of a retail facility will impact on many small businesses in Cronulla, Woolooware and Caringbah. Do you recall the impact of Miranda on Caringbah? last time i checked, competition in retail is not against the law. and this development will not completely impact on cronulla mall. people will still go there, it is 2 minutes from the beach mate. tourists will be there all the time.
3. Cumulative impact of development at Greenhills and this proposal on traffic along the Peninsula and all roads in between. Many major intersections are already at capacity, this has been adressed IIRC. traffic isnt that bad in the area compared to other parts of sydney.
4. Proposal being over 1klm from Woolooware station will increase car reliance and further impact on traffic, bull. wheres the proof in that. you dont need to drive to go shopping anyway if the proposal goes through, the shops will be 200 meters up the road!
5. Impact of development (run off etc) on Towra Pt Aquatic Reserve im pretty sure that has been dealt with in the preservation and actual growth of the mangroves in the proposal if you cared to look.
6. The proposal to utilise Cronulla High School playing fields will impact on sports already utilising the fields. In fact Council would like to utilise the fields to make up for the shortfall in such facilities. which soprts use cronulla high school during games at shark park?? none that i can remember...
7. Lack of parking at the proposal, 700 car spaces proposed but if you calculated requirement using Council's regs it is just over 1500 actually required. Where will the remainder park? In the places reserved for users of Solander and Captain Cook fields and neighbouring suburbs. last time i checked or parked there, they are not reserved parking.
8. The height and scale of the development (up to 16 storeys) is out of character with surrounding suburbs. Where else is 16 storey development in North Caringbah and North Woolooware. details to follow mate when i find the info.

There is more. please let us know once you speak to capsis on what to say.....

Havoc

Juniors
8. The height and scale of the development (up to 16 storeys) is out of character with surrounding suburbs. Where else is 16 storey development in North Caringbah and North Woolooware.

When did North Caringbah and North Woolooware declare their independance from the Caringbah and Woolooware?

Last time I checked there were no such suburbs...

Ausguy

Coach
not to mention if a prerequisite to any new development is an exisiting development being in the same area then nothing would be built.

How did the novotel at brighton get built???

spider

Coach
North Caringbah is recognised - nth Caringbah oval, Caringbah north public school, etc

North and south woolooware are defined by the railway line

I know I was going to opt out of all this crap, but I need to say this to you Coupe.

Yes, you are correct about the report by the Environment and Heritage mob, however there will be / are submissions from numerous agencies and most likely Sutherland Shire Council.

This is absolutely normal process and does not suggest the development will be rejected by any means.

This process allows all these issues to be considered and and Preferred Project Report to be prepared and submitted in January 2012.

Stop worrying, your flood waters will be addressed, as will many other reasonable and realistic concerns that have/will be lodged. Never know, you may only have to put up with more buildings on the site at lesser height as well.

stevie013

Juniors
[/QUOTE: coupe]
8. The height and scale of the development (up to 16 storeys) is out of character with surrounding suburbs. Where else is 16 storey development in North Caringbah and North Woolooware.

[/QUOTE]

Here you go mate....

some building sizes around cronulla and surrounding suburbs in METERS, not storeys...

Solander Tower 14 floor (45m)
Cecil Apartments 14 floor (50m)
Rydges Cronulla 13 floor (43m)
Quest Cronulla (Northies) 13 floor (39m)
Matthew Flinders Tower 16 floor (43m)

The Sharks development has 1 tower that is 14 floors residential on 2 floors podium carparking and is estimated to be 47 metres high and is strategically placed within the centre of the development.

It should also be noted that Sutherland Shire Council itself has plans in at the moment for its own 14 floor development in Caringbah.

so you see coupe, your arguement that the towers are TOO TALL is just not good enough mate, there maybe more storeys, but in terms of HEIGHT, there are taller buildings in the area and similar sized buildings....

Latest posts