What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions regarding under 20's finals

davohan123

Juniors
I am just wanting to know is the under 20's final system the same as the nrl with the top 4 teams gaining a home final

What happens is it say if the Manly under 20's are 1st they will play before the main game on the sunday afternoon ? Is that correct

Because it would be 1v8 for both games

watatank

Coach
The finals system is the same in that it'll be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5. Where they play will depend on the NRL teams. They try to have both teams play at the same or a venue close enough but it doesn't always work out.

For example because the Dragons will have a home final in both NYC and NRL regardless of the final finishing position they will both play on the same night. Last year when it was Storm v NZ the NYC game was NZ v Dragons (so the NZ team got accomodated)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As watatank said, where possible the Toyota Cup teams will play alongside their NRL counterparts where they've qualified, with higher teams getting preference. There may be one or two stand-alone games, which I think happened last year in week one as well.

Beyond week two, I think they just play alongside whichever NRL semis are being played, and they try aligning the teams as close to their location as possible.

watatank

Coach
I am just wanting to know is the under 20's final system the same as the nrl with the top 4 teams gaining a home final

What happens is it say if the Manly under 20's are 1st they will play before the main game on the sunday afternoon ? Is that correct

Because it would be 1v8 for both games

sorry should've answered your question with reference to Manly (if you're a Manly supporter).

if Manly NRL team get in the top four then the NYC team will play on the same day as NRL team regardless.

if Manly NRL don't make the top four it then the NYC team may still play wherever Manly plays because none of the NYC teams Manly NYC are likely to face do not have NRL teams in the finals.

davohan123

Juniors
sorry should've answered your question with reference to Manly (if you're a Manly supporter).

if Manly NRL team get in the top four then the NYC team will play on the same day as NRL team regardless.

if Manly NRL don't make the top four it then the NYC team may still play wherever Manly plays because none of the NYC teams Manly NYC are likely to face do not have NRL teams in the finals.

Thanx for quick reply i understand now how it works