What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick stop the Postman!

CYUONTHEHILL

Juniors
Greetings All,
Is it to late? Has the ink dried? After Sundays G/F turnout by Easts have we done the right thing? Great year with the Sharks but what does 2006 and on hold, any crystal balls here?
Cyouonthehill:?

bluebag43

Juniors
2006 will see us progress to the GF. We have a solid 5 year deal, we have definitely done the right thing. It just goes to show we were good things beaten by the eventual Premiers!

Jeffles

Bench
It's foolish to think that we made a mistake after Sunday. The Roosters still have a great side and it will be beneficial to be part of their sturcture, not only because of the profesionalism and talent but because of the stability.

CYUONTHEHILL

Juniors
Who will be left after the dust settles?, Who will take the field next year after the Cronulla boys leave and the Tricolour players leave their respective PL side? How many players are regular Newtown and Newtown only? I dont think I said we made a mistake but starting from scratch may take a tad longer than one season?

Jeffles

Bench
The dilemma of "starting from scratch" that Newtown will have in 2006 is similar to the one Newtown had in 2005 - and they made a preliminary final. Col Murphy is a good coach and I think he played a big role in getting the team together so well. Russell Aitken alluded to this when he gave a speech in the dressing rooms after the preliminary final.

2 True Blues

Coach
G day CYOUONTHEHILL. Is this your first time on the forums or do you have another identity in another teams colours ???

No offence intended, was just wondering !!.

I for one agree with the lads and think the deal is great. Especially in that it is for 5 years, which will only build stability and growth within the team, and club alike heading into the Bluebags centenary year in 2008.

It will attract quality players to our Jim Beam cup side also, as players strive to get a run with the Roosters, who are a professional club with history, who know how to win a premiership, with a track record that speaks for itself.

Its all good mate. Long live the mighty Jets.......

2 True Blues

Coach
Like I said mate, " No offence intended " Just didnt know if you were serious or havin a dig.

Roosters signings for 2006:

Although first grade starters:

Braith ANASTA ( berries )
Brett FINCH ( retained )
Glenn HALL ( Souths )
Ashley HARRISON ( Souths )
Mark EDMONSON ( St Helens England ).

Retained players from grand final Prem/league side :

2/ Michael LETT
4/ Lelea PAEA
6/ Jamie ( super boot ) SOWARD
8/ David SHILLINGTON
9/ Heath L'ESTRANGE
10/ Mickey PAEA
11/ Shane SHAKLETON
15/ Lquini PAEA

Also Adam SHUBERT and Daniel DUMAS. Daniel who started the season brilliantly as a Jet until sold by Cronulla.

Other signings who may get a run with the Prem/league:

Charlie TONGA ( Berries )
Anton LAVIN ( QLD Reds Rugby union )
Richard FA'AOSO
Mitchell PEARCE ( Nth Sydney )
Iosia SOLIOLA
John DOYLE ( dont know him but apparently back from retirement ).
Josh LEWIS from St George Jersey Flegg grandfinal winning side.

Also not sure if who Newtown have retained: Possible ( and hopefully !!!! )
John SINISA
Lafi MANUA
David HALL
Thommas GEMMEL

JIM BEAM CUP STARS ALSO:
Hamilton HUGHES
Ricky LYONS
David BUCKLEY
David VIAL
Wissam ELMASRI
Kial ROBERTS
Andrew MORTIMER,

There are more, just can't think, it's late and been a long day at work, however Jim Beam Quality should only get better next season !!!

Also hoping Andrew LEBRETON, and Frank SAMIA are coming back from injuries as they are both brilliant players.

I think it's all good mate, I really do !!!!

Jeffles

Bench
CYUONTHEHILL said:
I have no affiliations with any other R/L club and dont desire any. The thing is no part of the team/club should be above or beyond scrutiny by fans who at the end of the day keep the whole structure in place. It is also odd to think that anyone who questions the status quo or descision making process may be from a rival team/club, that I am afraid borders on a "Seige mentality" by the inner sanctum. I for one am certainly hoping that the Easts deal is for the best and works to Newtowns advantage both on and off the field as five years is a long time if it should, however unlikely, "turn turtle"!

Well said and don't woirry. We a re a good bunch on this forum and the discussion is pleasant as well as inquiring. Hope to see you at Henson Park in the near future.

greg

Juniors
I'm looking forward to the stability of a five year arrangement, not to mention the professionalism that comes with a club like the roosters. Its all good the way I see it.

2 True Blues

Coach
Re our conversation on the presentation night Bluebag 43.

Learnt from our future brothers on the Roosters website that Nigel PLUM has signed a new 2 year contract with the Roosters. Thought he made some awesome tackles in the grand final this year, and was one of their best on the day.

Add him to the list above.

Also some other info re Anton LAVIN, EDMONDSON, DOYLE etc. Sounds like a darn good side next season. Checkout their website re the above mentioned players.

All the best mate. See ya soon.

bluebag43

Juniors
That's great news about Nigel Plum 2TB's. Thanks also for the tip about the other player profiles, I'll go and have a look at the Rooster's website.

All the best to you as well. See you soon.

2 True Blues

Coach
He does go alright doesnt he, however may be destined for first grade next season.

John DOYLE being an ex Nth QLD Cowboy and state of origin player is also interesting. Will be good to see how he goes after comin back from an injury !!!

But the coaching situation is troubling...
There must be alot of money flowing for Easts to be able to drop someone completely new into the head-coaching position