What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R E S P E C T

sheet_ed

Juniors
If one thing came from the Saints game that people are now starting to talk about - it is respect for the Team Storm.

So many people are saying that they love watching them play and other coaches are repeating terms such as "I like the way they play" and "they are such a good team" - at no point do you hear them saying without Inglis or Slater or Smith, etc they would be crap.

I am going to stick my hand in the air and say I won't be disappointed if we don't win the GF - It is just great to see the TEAM being applauded for playing as a TEAM.

It has been a f**king fantastic season so far thank you Team Storm - and that means Waldron, Bellamy, and the million people behind the scenes.

Thank you...

I hate AFL

Juniors
I agree that the team has done us all proud, the whole team that is. I'd love to see another premiership win but even if we don't make it this has still been a great year for the club and all Storm supporters.

I'm not sure that the media really give the respect that they should but the other clubs and rugby supporters certainly seem to recognise what a good solid unit the Storm are this year and that's the major recognition.

The media pander to their public and want to sell papers. The NRL public is not primarily in Melbourne so the stories are all Storm are a good team but the Bulldogs are favorites etc. I don't mind that to an extent as it takes some pressure off the Storm. I'm sure Craig Bellamy will also use it as a little extra motivator when the time comes.

I remember reading the paper in Sydney before the 99 GF and all the tips were in for the winner and the number of tips that had Dragons because Melbourne can not take OUR premiership. It's still there as a mentality and probably always will be.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Absolutely. This year has been amazing! It would be good to get to and win the Grand Final...but seriously this year has been so good that it really doesnt matter all that much. on the other hand to do all this great work it would be good to get a reward such as the premiership....and its great that the other players, coaches and fans in genreal recognise that the storm are a really goodt eam and have been building on this for some time....its even better when it comes from respected coaches and respected people in the game.

2 True Blues

Coach
Well done STORM and all credit due to the side. They are VERY talented footballers. But you guys will only TRULY earn RESPECT when you breed some top rated local talent. Vict I understand is the AFL Capital of Aus and it is obviously a mission and a half to do so. But I truly believe what I say is true. Your side totally rocks and is studded with talent, though how many are actually from Victoria. To truly EARN total respect as a RUGBY LEAGUE state you have to be born and bread. Would make the STATE of ORIGIN interesting to say the least. A knock out comp where the two BEST states went thru instead of just NSW and QLD would truly earn the right for that Melbourne game. No insult at all intended, f**k, I am a Jets fan and we have not even got a side in the NRL anymore though we were the first club in it , though our signings play for the Roosters in it. But what I say is true. That is how you will earn the respect. Promote the game at a junior level. Although pissing against the wind with the ARL giant is totally understood........

Storm were far from their best on the weekend, alot of drop balls, and plenty of missed tackles, especially from slater, in the end they still won by 10 points, against a quality side like the dragons, i would love to see them take on the roosters or souths, they can still play crap, and beat them by 20 or 30

Well Done Storm, Benchmark team of the comp

Surandy

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Well done STORM and all credit due to the side. They are VERY talented footballers. But you guys will only TRULY earn RESPECT when you breed some top rated local talent.

Jake Webster, Melbourne born, but raised in Queensland.

Jeremy Smith, New Zealand born but played juniors for Altona Roosters here in Melbourne.

Some more coming through the ranks but still some time away from genuine NRL contenders.

I hate AFL

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
But you guys will only TRULY earn RESPECT when you breed some top rated local talent. Vict I understand is the AFL Capital of Aus and it is obviously a mission and a half to do so. But I truly believe what I say is true. Your side totally rocks and is studded with talent, though how many are actually from Victoria.

That will be a problem, I played rugby in Form 4 at high school in country victoria as part of PE and was an instant convert. Most of my mates played and forgot it. We actually moved to NSW so our youngest boy would grow up playing league rather than footy (even though his older sister played league in Vic). It will take many years (if ever) for the Storm to be able to field a Victorian team as even if they grew the talent the cheque books from interstate would be buying them away (same as we do now).

2 True Blues

Coach
Understand the predicaments mate. Great to see you guys going so well though. As a Jets fan I totally understand and admire that underdog element.

We used to play our premier league games before the STORM away games and the support given to us from the STORM away crowds used to be awesome.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Your side is going awesome. Well done !!!! Hope the general Melbourne public jump on board come semi time. You are in the best position possible this season to win some appreciation from the Victorian press and youth. Hope it all goes well !!!! ;-) :clap: :clap: :thumb

wildmooka

Juniors
All Storm fans...

I am a self confessed Dragons tragic, but you are without doubt the most well coached, well drilled side to run around in this competition for many a year.

You won the game on Sunday because you play as a team and you play for each other. The only reason we got as close as did was because of a bit of individual brilliance here and there from some of our 'superstars', something we rely far to much on to win games.

You will go a long way towards winning this thing this year, well done on Sunday.

p.s. GO THE DRAGONS

2 True Blues

Coach
wildmooka said:
All Storm fans...

I am a self confessed Dragons tragic, but you are without doubt the most well coached, well drilled side to run around in this competition for many a year.

You won the game on Sunday because you play as a team and you play for each other. The only reason we got as close as did was because of a bit of individual brilliance here and there from some of our 'superstars', something we rely far to much on to win games.

You will go a long way towards winning this thing this year, well done on Sunday.

p.s. GO THE DRAGONS

Well said mate !!!! Honest and true !!!!;-) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 True Blues

Coach
kia ora storm said:
We are a team that knows how to play like a team...this is the key to our success.

Equally well said and true. Storm and Bulldogs grandfinal coming up in the NRL first grade. But GO THE STORM !!!!. You will be the side following the Jets and Parra grandfinal in Premier league. So can you guys please cheer for the Jets again !!!!;-) :sarcasm: ;-)

Latest posts