What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P Carl Webb

Dragon David

First Grade

Queenslanders in particular but possibly most fans of Rugby League will be saddened with the news of Carl Webb passing away at the young age of 42 of Motor Neurone Disease after contracting it at the age of 39.

He was a tough as teak forward who could bend the line in attack and defend with ferocious tackles. The Broncos and Cowboys clubs will pay due tributes to his services to those clubs as well as the QLD Rugby League for his never say die performances in the State of Origin clashes he was selected to play for.

God rest his soul and the deepest condolences go to his daughters, family members and many of his friends.

Rest In Peace Webby!

since77

Juniors
That's very sad. I had a relative die of MND - its a f#cking insidious disease that strips you of everything. I remember walking into the hospital in his final days to visit him with my wife. We'd only seen him a week or so before but that day he was totally unrecognisable - so much so that we thought we'd walked into the wrong hospital room.

and @dragon thomo I am truly lost for words reading this. I'm so sorry to hear your news.