What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R1 v Titans.

Wizardman

First Grade
I could feel from the trials that a win and a good performance was coming. The attitude from your boys deserves a big tick. You might be the first ever team to get full value from Suli. He basically played two positions tonight (backrow and centre).

A nice solid 80 where every player stayed in the fight. Saints fans should be pleased with that tonight.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I was watching the match on my phone whilst at local Japanese restaurant and couldn’t take my eyes off it. My missus (bronco supporter.) was sympathetic and didn’t interfere as she said it was great to see me watch a dragons match with a smile on my face!
Well done to all the players and coaches

thebigredv

First Grade
I was watching the match on my phone whilst at local Japanese restaurant and couldn’t take my eyes off it. My missus (bronco supporter.) was sympathetic and didn’t interfere as she said it was great to see me watch a dragons match with a smile on my face!
Well done to all the players and coaches
My daughters didn't seem to compute that it was a Dragons game because I was actually smiling and acting pleasantly.

I get that it is one game but I have a good nose for stuff like this, and I reckon we are a team on the up for sure. Will have a bit of pep in my step this week.

True_Believer

Juniors
My thoughts.

Caveat: Yes the Titans had a few key players missing. Yes there are players that need to improve. Yes it's the first game of the year.

OK. That's done.

Firstly, whoever said Lomax was fast is dreaming. He isn't. BUT, he does work on the wing. As others have said, he's already broken his record for most meters and he was absolutely great in bringing the ball back and in challenging the high balls. It's early days but his position as a winger is looking promising.

What was great to see was the goal line defense. We stuck to it. How many times were they held up over the line. How many times did we keep them out in that first half. In previous years we would have capitulated in the second half - even with an under strength opposition. But we kept it up which was awesome to see.

Additionally the attack looks a whole heap different. The fact we were able to repel them in the first half with A LOT of defense and then turn around smash them in attack was not like the Dragons at all. It is definitely a completely different mind set and team. The change in fitness is massive.

Finally, I watched the FOX telecast after the game and they showed a heap of footage of the team in the sheds after the game. They look completely different. Everyone is so happy and really enjoying each others company. It's like it's a completely different team. The new recruits have really slotted in and I can't think of one that has been a dud so far.

Yes I may have had a few JD's during the game, but I don't think you need to be under the influence to see that the Dragons are a different team. We may still have a way to go, but we are definitely on the up.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well there you go...we competed for the full 80 mins.....first time since 2010....very rewarding to get the points and the boys deserved it in particularly the way they defended in the first half without much possession.... not getting to carried away with our last 2 wins against the Tits and the Tigers but it's a good foothold when we play against the top sides....it's my Birthday on the 12th so thanks boys for the early present

Wizardman

First Grade
My thoughts.

Caveat: Yes the Titans had a few key players missing. Yes there are players that need to improve. Yes it's the first game of the year.

OK. That's done.

Firstly, whoever said Lomax was fast is dreaming. He isn't. BUT, he does work on the wing. As others have said, he's already broken his record for most meters and he was absolutely great in bringing the ball back and in challenging the high balls. It's early days but his position as a winger is looking promising.

What was great to see was the goal line defense. We stuck to it. How many times were they held up over the line. How many times did we keep them out in that first half. In previous years we would have capitulated in the second half - even with an under strength opposition. But we kept it up which was awesome to see.

Additionally the attack looks a whole heap different. The fact we were able to repel them in the first half with A LOT of defense and then turn around smash them in attack was not like the Dragons at all. It is definitely a completely different mind set and team. The change in fitness is massive.

Finally, I watched the FOX telecast after the game and they showed a heap of footage of the team in the sheds after the game. They look completely different. Everyone is so happy and really enjoying each others company. It's like it's a completely different team. The new recruits have really slotted in and I can't think of one that has been a dud so far.

Yes I may have had a few JD's during the game, but I don't think you need to be under the influence to see that the Dragons are a different team. We may still have a way to go, but we are definitely on the up.
I can't see you guys get the spoon. The intent this Dragons team has shown over the two trials and round one is above a lot of football teams that played this weekend. Health permitting, I would not rule you guys out of a finals spot.

BLM01

First Grade
My thoughts.

OK. That's done.

That was me. Did not say he was fast but he is one of our quickest in 40m shuttles. No dream. You need to go watch them train sometime. And I also said Lomax was happy and all this media and forum speculation was BS and stand by that.
Our Caveat.
We had 3 decent forwards missing, no ball in the 1st half..
Bird to ditch the soft hit up settlers.. they always go pear shaped.
Attack needs work as expected but the score should of been higher, we left 3 certain tries out there tonight if not more.

BLM01

First Grade
I can't see you guys get the spoon. The intent this Dragons team has shown over the two trials and round one is above a lot of football teams that played this weekend. Health permitting, I would not rule you guys out of a finals spot.
Oh..no too early. That is the commentators curse death wish right there

56to66

Juniors
I said this back in 2008, if Wayne Bennett couldn't get St George a premiership, no one could.
People rubbish our roster, I believe this roster can make a GF in a very short time in space, I smell a Brian Smith type revival, but the difference is Flanagan has won a comp, no Bridesmaid here. St George will win there 17th premiership under Flanno