What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R1 v Titans.

steerlerbab

Juniors
The Team I Would Pick for RD 1

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Zac Lomax
3. Moses Suli
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Jesse Marschke
15. Raymond Faitala - Mariner
16. Hame Sele
17. Villiami Fifita

1. Sele, Liddle and Lawrie may still be injured for round 1
2. Respectively we might get M.Molo, Mulheisen and Eisenhuh
3. Not sure if Marschke is no 14. Instead Flanno may go with Couchman (who can slot in centre) and move Bird around
4. I expect to see more of M.Molo. He is smaller and more mobile type forward. Flanno likes a mix smaller and mobile forwards (Paul Gallen) and monster forwars (Fifita) in his teams.

TheRev

First Grade
I've been critical of MMolo... but I have to confess when he used his footwork before contact on the weekend... it was a moment of clarity.. im like why have I not seen this before lol? Oh right he has a coach now..... If thats something he can continue to do.. maybe he has a role to play.. but honestly when i saw him in the dressing room shot next to the squad.. he looked like a 17yr old outside back.. he is so small in comparison.. but it gives you an idea of his courage too.

kit66

Bench
I've been critical of MMolo... but I have to confess when he used his footwork before contact on the weekend... it was a moment of clarity.. im like why have I not seen this before lol? Oh right he has a coach now..... If thats something he can continue to do.. maybe he has a role to play.. but honestly when i saw him in the dressing room shot next to the squad.. he looked like a 17yr old outside back.. he is so small in comparison.. but it gives you an idea of his courage too.

That stepping was great to see. I think it's his height makes him look small, he's 105kgs, Lawrie and JDB are both 106, so he's a bit of a pocket battleship.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Liddle will be a huge loss if he is out for this game. I hope he recovers. As for Lawrie Saints have some cover for him to make sure he is 100%.

Good to be finally talking about team selections for a comp game to be played in a weeks time again and not off season dramas or recruitment.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Hopefully, Blocker and Liddle will be ready to go.

If they don't play, Kyle to 9, Bird to 7, Lomax to 4 and Tuipulotu to 2. JDB to front row.

If they don't play, Kyle to 9, Bird to 7, Lomax to 4 and Tuipulotu to 2. JDB to front row.
Assume u mean Bird to 6 but I hate it anyway!
All offseason working on combinations, especially the halves, then stick Kyle in at 9.

Marschke should get a start at 9 but would need Lomax centre & Bird bench 14. Our attack options will suffer if Kyle not at 6

just shows where we will struggle all year with depth at 9 and halves
I hope Liddle is receiving 24/7 Physio.

SnowDragon

Juniors

I’m far from sold on Tui.
not sure if he is a dud, or just doesn’t know our plays yet, or was just trying to hard. I’d prefer Matt Fegai or Tamali or Finau.

or maybe HoD is right and we replace Liddle with Marschke or conner

TheRev

First Grade
I’m far from sold on Tui.
not sure if he is a dud, or just doesn’t know our plays yet, or was just trying to hard. I’d prefer Matt Fegai or Tamali or Finau.
Tricky indeed.. I felt like he was trying to impress us in his limited minutes (understandable) but we dont need any of that stuff.. and we need him to stop rushing up in D, he did that at Manly, like I said before he so needs a full pre-season under flanno to fix that.. im not sure it can be done during week to week footy.

I reckon he is a guy that might be a gun in 2025 though, he has the frame/size/experience to do it.. if we can tame that head of his. However by 2025 there are other options cropping up.. and how fast do we blood Jesse Williams also.. he might be one of those rare teenagers that progresses quickly, especially if we are fending off the vultures.

Dragon David

First Grade
Tricky indeed.. I felt like he was trying to impress us in his limited minutes (understandable) but we dont need any of that stuff.. and we need him to stop rushing up in D, he did that at Manly, like I said before he so needs a full pre-season under flanno to fix that.. im not sure it can be done during week to week footy.

I reckon he is a guy that might be a gun in 2025 though, he has the frame/size/experience to do it.. if we can tame that head of his. However by 2025 there are other options cropping up.. and how fast do we blood Jesse Williams also.. he might be one of those rare teenagers that progresses quickly, especially if we are fending off the vultures.
Yes, at this stage not sold on Tui but i am on Jesse Williams. The thing is though, I'd like to see where everybody is at after 4-5 games. We will have a much better idea on the pros and cons of many of the players.

Victoire

Juniors
Commitment and belief are immensely powerful things for a football team to have.

It was clear right from the beginning of the Souths game that the team was committed - they'd bought into whatever Flanno was preaching in the off season. Then against the Tigers they showed it again. But what they also gained from that big victory is a huge helping of belief. Belief that what they were doing would win games, belief that Flanno did indeed know what he was talking about. It may have been just a trial but the outcome is still the same when it comes that important intangible element of belief.

This is essential for us and where we are at right now. Each win will build on that belief, but more than that, it changes the perception and the vibe of the whole club. We'll look like a serious football team - and if we're recruiting now for '25 that's what we want.

I reckon we'll beat the Titans

Last edited:

The fox

Juniors
I know this is left field but I have said it before, Micheal Molo should considered as a hooker , he is quite quick, has great hands & has great defence. He would be my project player this year as we are weak in the hooking dept. Adds additonal flexiabilty in our bench rotation thoughts?

TheRev

First Grade
I took a screenshot, I was probably being a bit harsh lol.. but still thats a Feagai on the left and Eisenhuth on the right, and he is playing as a prop.

mmolo2.jpg

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ok, so this is my preliminary 18 for round 1 v Titans, STC of course.

1. Sloan
2. Lomax
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Rav
6. KF
7. Hunt (c)
8. MoloF
9. Liddle
10. Cake
11. Eisenhuth
12. Su'a
13. JDB

14. Marschke
15. RFM
16. Sele
17. Fafita

18. MoloM

Imo, Marschke will come on as a half and KF will move to hooker once Liddle goes off. Liddle is also under an injury cloud which really impacts our lack of 6/7/9 depth. I don't think CM did enough in the trials to get a bench spot.
The only other change could be swap 17 and 18, but I think Flanno likes a bigger bodied forward, so unfortunately Michael would miss out.

Anyway, these are just my initial thoughts.

Parko1310

Juniors

1. Sloan
2. Lomax
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Rav
6. KF
7. Hunt (c)
8. MoloF
9. Liddle
10. Cake
11. Eisenhuth
12. Su'a
13. JDB

14. Marschke
15. RFM
16. Sele
17. Fafita

18. MoloM

Imo, Marschke will come on as a half and KF will move to hooker once Liddle goes off. Liddle is also under an injury cloud which really impacts our lack of 6/7/9 depth. I don't think CM did enough in the trials to get a bench spot.
The only other change could be swap 17 and 18, but I think Flanno likes a bigger bodied forward, so unfortunately Michael would miss out.

Agree with all except for changing our halves mid game. Marchske at hooker when he comes on for mine, and if Flano isn't confident he can do a job there then it has to be Mulheisen out of necessity at 14

blacksafake

First Grade
I don’t mind him & am ok for him to stick around just so long as he’s not a roadblock.

hewi

Bench

1. Sloan
2. Lomax
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Rav
6. KF
7. Hunt (c)
8. MoloF
9. Liddle
10. Cake
11. Eisenhuth
12. Su'a
13. JDB

14. Marschke
15. RFM
16. Sele
17. Fafita

18. MoloM

Barring nothing from left field, you know a BBQ, DUI etc I reckon you nailed it.

TheRev

First Grade
Isn’t that Fifita on the left?

Fifita 194cm / molo 180cm / Eisenhuth 192cm
I know it looks that way but its Mats number 22, Fifita is in 15, he was hiding on the right, Eisenhuth is obviously quite tall.. I dont rly believe the weights and heights on the website!

1709201106214.png

DfL

Juniors
I know this is left field but I have said it before, Micheal Molo should considered as a hooker , he is quite quick, has great hands & has great defence. He would be my project player this year as we are weak in the hooking dept. Adds additonal flexiabilty in our bench rotation thoughts?
Like a havili type player from Souths?? Weird idea to play with and weirdly enough I kind of want to see that 😂😂

Latest posts