What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R10 | Knights 22-12 Tigers @ Hunter | Sunday 4.00pm

Round 10 result :: Knights vs Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

“I think Tyrone did some good things in the game. I think we are seeing small improvements from Tyrone from week-to-week,” he said.

:lol: What?

mozza91

Coach
Derp I BLeed rd an bloo, your nuT a TRoo Sporter iF Ya bag out DA team.

Go back to the mighty Knights page if you wanna touch eachother dicks and high five eachother about how hard we try after every loss.

Don't bunch me in with those tards. You sound more like them than I do.
Saying that you want the to lose and 'f**k this club' is garbage. What players are you shitty about having in the team? Roberts? Mullen and Feeney are hurt and Carlos is just as average as Roberts. We have no better options at the moment. Same goes with Gidley.
Houston? Hasn't been that bad at all over the last month. Tapine being dropped? The guy has been bog average in pretty much every First Grade game that he's played.
Amazingly the people picking the side know more about football than you do. But please continue to piss and moan.

Gidley - plodder
Uate - plodder
Macmanus - borderline plodder
Roberts - worse than plodder
Faalogo - plodder
Housten - plodder

All i want is pressure on these guys to perform, stone isn't challenging them enough.

Why cant gidley or roberts at least be benched, like isaac luke or sam thiaday.

I'd rather see some young promising players play, derp it up a bit instead of plodders like house and faalogo offering nothing to the team.

Yeah mullo is injured, but nothing changed when he was fit either.

Any coach who is legit would have made some unforced changes after 5 losses.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm starting to think Stone doesn't even care to be honest. If he had any real ambition to be a first grade coach he would have found another club that gave him a better chance of getting the top gig faster when Bennett signed on for 4 years. He wasn't even fighting for the gig when Smith left. He just got handed it by default.

We need someone that genuinely gives a shit about the results and will hold the boys accountable to make it happen. We haven't had that since Smith. Stone obviously cares more about not upsetting them than he does his own job.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
God I don't even know why I'm torturing myself and going to this.

At least I can get pissed on the hill and yell out how much I hate Roberts, Gidley, Fa'alogo and Houston.

I reckon youre not the only one thinking that.

See if you can get a "Rick Stone's a wanker" chant going...

Spot On

Coach
I hope we get smashed and keep getting smashed until some heads are forced to roll. Starting with the incompetent CEO and making its way through the coaching staff and playing roster. I don't care how long it takes. I also don't care if that makes me sound like a shit supporter. IMO better that than them jaging a win every 5-6 games and that justifying to Midley, Hagan and co that their "vision" (lol) is working.

Just do what's been working for my Sportsbet account and load up on our opposition. It's been a lock!

aqua_duck

Coach
Saying that you want the to lose and 'f**k this club' is garbage. What players are you shitty about having in the team? Roberts? Mullen and Feeney are hurt and Carlos is just as average as Roberts. We have no better options at the moment. Same goes with Gidley.
Houston? Hasn't been that bad at all over the last month. Tapine being dropped? The guy has been bog average in pretty much every First Grade game that he's played.
Amazingly the people picking the side know more about football than you do. But please continue to piss and moan.

aqua_duck

Coach

Tapine is being played out of position, given little game time in a team that's getting smashed everyweek and hasn't been given a chance to string games together, how is a young guy suppose to prove himself under those circumstances?

Noname36

First Grade
Tapine has been fine. At least he keeps running after the line and actually takes some defenders to bring him down. Massive improvement on Houston and Fa'alogo...especially when you consider he's not even a middle player.

Yosh

Coach
After how many losses in a row will Stone be fired? Or at least put under some pressure...

Burwood

Bench
I don't think we can be too critical of Stone for selecting Roberts when Mullen is out injured. It would be stupid to put in a new face to partner Gidley, especially when there isn't anybody screaming out for selection in the lower grade.

As for the article, what can Stone really say when he is going to be forced to play Roberts for possibly the next few weeks in Mullen's absence? He can't publicly bag the guy and then continue to select him.

There's two likely outcomes from here. Firstly, Roberts plays himself back into form and warrants his selection, or secondly, he keeps performing poorly and Stone shafts him when Mullen returns to partner Gidley in the halves. Despite all the negativity on here, I just can't see Stone continuing to select Roberts at 7 once Mullen returns and his form continues as is.

Best case scenario will be that both Gagai and Sione impress in their new positions while they have the opportunity (Sione in particular needs to step up) and then we can look at having a backline similar to this when we are once again at full strength:

1. Gagai
2. McManus
3. Sione
4. BJ
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
9. Randall
14. Roberts (I think he would offer a lot coming on at hooker and playing without the pressure of being in the halves)

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't think we can be too critical of Stone for selecting Roberts when Mullen is out injured. It would be stupid to put in a new face to partner Gidley, especially when there isn't anybody screaming out for selection in the lower grade.

As for the article, what can Stone really say when he is going to be forced to play Roberts for possibly the next few weeks in Mullen's absence? He can't publicly bag the guy and then continue to select him.

There's two likely outcomes from here. Firstly, Roberts plays himself back into form and warrants his selection, or secondly, he keeps performing poorly and Stone shafts him when Mullen returns to partner Gidley in the halves. Despite all the negativity on here, I just can't see Stone continuing to select Roberts at 7 once Mullen returns and his form continues as is.

Best case scenario will be that both Gagai and Sione impress in their new positions while they have the opportunity (Sione in particular needs to step up) and then we can look at having a backline similar to this when we are once again at full strength:

1. Gagai
2. McManus
3. Sione
4. BJ
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
9. Randall
14. Roberts (I think he would offer a lot coming on at hooker and playing without the pressure of being in the halves)
It's not just this week, Roberts has been drowning for the last 5 weeks, his performances against the dragons and eels are 2 of the worst performances I've ever witnessed from a first grade halfback in the 20+ years I've been watching rugby league, if Stone was ever going to drop him he would've done it after the Parra game

Joker's Wild

Coach
We can try and fix the halves all we want but it wont do a lick of good while we have zero impact plodders like House and Fa'alongo in the side

Id feel 100% better if we had another quality big body in the middle

aqua_duck

Coach
We can try and fix the halves all we want but it wont do a lick of good while we have zero impact plodders like House and Fa'alongo in the side

Id feel 100% better if we had another quality big body in the middle

The manly and dragons games are examples of 2 games where our forwards were well on top but we were still soundly beaten because our halves failed

mozza91

Coach
The manly and dragons games are examples of 2 games where our forwards were well on top but we were still soundly beaten because our halves failed

This. We've held our own in the middle every game expect for the Sharks. I can see we're also right up near the top with line breaks and tackle busts but the halves have lacked the polish to convert the field position into points.

aqua_duck

Coach
Backs or forwards either way we still had more than enough territory and possession to win that game

Swarzey

Bench
Geez those second half stats are disappointing. Had everything our way and still could manage only two tries.

But yeah, aside from the Sharks game, we've had more than enough chances created by our forwards and backs to win games but our halves have let us down big time. Frustrating to know it's really at least one change to get things back on track. Just making the most of our chances in the first 20 minutes and defending games out before Houston and Fa'alogo come on like we did against Penrith would be more than enough to win games.

Latest posts