What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R10 Sun - Warriors v Tigers *SPOILERS* 2pm

DeeGan

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
lol so first u say we aint a one man team than u saying we are afterwards :p

Farah didnt do much today anyway it was our forwards that did all the damage

You failed to miss the irony of the post hence the " ;-) "

KeepingTheFaith said:
Forwards were solid but they weren't outstanding with one exception - Todd Payten. Daylight between Payten and the next best player on the field from either team. The guy must have been suffering from serious jet lag and deluded himself into thinking he was Laurie Daley, Wally Lewis or someone other than a prop forward. How many tries did he set up? 3?

he put Tuiaki through the gap who passed it too lawrence too score and than set up Morris i think thats it

but he wasnt the only domminate forward Heighnington had 141 metres and Gibbs made over 100
Harrison and Halatau played well too both making close too 100 metres and Saffy and Te'o made some good ards in limited mins
also loved Saffy's hit on Luck :)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
he put Tuiaki through the gap who passed it too lawrence too score and than set up Morris i think thats it

but he wasnt the only domminate forward Heighnington had 141 metres and Gibbs made over 100
Harrison and Halatau played well too both making close too 100 metres and Saffy and Te'o made some good ards in limited mins
also loved Saffy's hit on Luck :)

I'm sure he was involved in one of the Tigers first half tries. Didn't he deliver the pass for Fulton to go through early on? Either way there was still daylight between him and the next best on ground. He did his job and Benji's as well.

brooksy19

Bench
Here come the Mighty Tigers, 5 straight.. we know hat happened the last time they did that.

Chris "F'n" Heighnington and Payten were outstanding today, as well as Morris, ran the ball strongly and kicked well especially 2nd 40 when we had the breeze.

super_coach

First Grade
Dont get carried away the ball is bouncing our way and our form is patchy.

The NZ mob had to make heaps more tackles and we dominated possesion,but they were the one running into a stiff wind who were making all the yards at the end. But I also see that as a real postive,we are winning games away with out been in top form. I know all the usuals,Payten,hieghno etc are going well--but how about young Teo and Lawerance----They have class written all over them

Mr Saab

Referee
Vatuvai is a shocking winger.
He couldnt catch a cold in the snow wearing nothing but a pair shorts.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
super_coach said:
Dont get carried away the ball is bouncing our way and our form is patchy.

The NZ mob had to make heaps more tackles and we dominated possesion,but they were the one running into a stiff wind who were making all the yards at the end. But I also see that as a real postive,we are winning games away with out been in top form. I know all the usuals,Payten,hieghno etc are going well--but how about young Teo and Lawerance----They have class written all over them

The good things for the Tigers though is that most of their bad patches are a result of their own doing rather than the opposition becomming too dominant and those things are easier to rectify. It was the same as the Dragons last week where the Tigers went through a couple of low patches and then suddenly stepped up a gear to close out the match.

There was plenty of evidence on that today. Tigers started strong then slowed their game down, Warriors took the lead, but as soon as Anderson went off ansd the Tigers saw a chance they pounced. I was worried about a blowout, but the Tigers backed off again and with a bit of extra luck the Warriors could've snatched it.

Things to work on, but nothing beyond the Tigers capabilities.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Mr Saab said:
Vatuvai is a shocking winger.
He couldnt catch a cold in the snow wearing nothing but a pair shorts.

You must have just finished watching the highlights.

I thought the Mannering/Vatuvei combination had a swell day, but that mistake was glaring.

We shouldn't have been going wide so early in the tackle count though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
What? There was a chance outwide, all he had to do was catch the ball and run over the top of Hodgson, which he has a big size difference. Should have caught the ball but his overall game was good IMO.

Mr Saab

Referee
Victor Meldrew said:
You must have just finished watching the highlights.

I thought the Mannering/Vatuvei combination had a swell day, but that mistake was glaring.

We shouldn't have been going wide so early in the tackle count though.

I watched the game.
Sure, he did some "good things" but overall he is good for a dumb and costly mistake every single game.
He has hands like Mark Chopper Reads ears.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah....<R>hino had a great game....all I could think of near the end was how the warriors got outta jail against souths a few weeks back...heart pounding stuff

effnic

Bench
A few points:
# What the hell has happened to that once great fullback Hodgo
# You saw today the reason why Witt couldnt crack it in Manly's first grade
# Now on this point i might be getting ahead of myself, but this kid Chris Laurence (spelling?) im not sure if its just me but i see shades of a young beaver in him, scores tries, quick for a big guy and is always there to support when a break happens. I see massive things for this guy, good on him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Witt played well princess..in fact he did more in one match than your no7 has done all year!

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
A few points:
# What the hell has happened to that once great fullback Hodgo
# You saw today the reason why Witt couldnt crack it in Manly's first grade
# Now on this point i might be getting ahead of myself, but this kid Chris Laurence (spelling?) im not sure if its just me but i see shades of a young beaver in him, scores tries, quick for a big guy and is always there to support when a break happens. I see massive things for this guy, good on him.

The reason why Witty couldn't crack it at Manly was because Hasler played politics and favourites.

Hodgson is way better than The Weed, even in his declining years.

Dutchy

Immortal
wittyfan said:
The reason why Witty couldn't crack it at Manly was because Hasler played politics and favourites.

Hodgson is way better than The Weed, even in his declining years.

If you were a stand up comedian - you would get massive crowds

Shagsta

Juniors
Since coming back from injury Hodgson has been a shadow of his former self.

The guys over on the WT forum are in denial, but you have to be realistic...

innsaneink

Referee
He does have a bit more on his plate now, than he did when at his peak in 05...he's coming back from a knee op that had to be re-opped on and rehab was delayed, hes now (C) as well as GK and also playing first and second receiver at times on top of directing the team in defense at fullback....I wouldnt be righting him off just yet, Ive seen glimpses of him at his best the last few weeks.

tiger_nick

Bench
Hodgsons form has been terrible this year. He isn't even supporting like he used to. I couldnt believe the Dragons game. We made 5 line beaks in the first half and he was nowhere to be seen in any of them.

effnic

Bench
scottyj said:
If you were a stand up comedian - you would get massive crowds
For once i agree with you.
But on Hodgo im 100% sure he will come good very soon, you cant keep such a talented player like that down for to long. Tigers and the Sharks are creeping so far under the radar and im sure Sheensy and Stuart are happy to keep it that way. One more win from each team will change all that though.

Latest posts