What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R13 FNF - Souths v Penrith *SPOILERS*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A NOTE FOR ALL SUPPORTERS - TONIGHTS JERSEY FLEGG GAME WILL NOT GO AHEAD AS PLANNED.

FIRST GRADE NRL BETWEEN SOUTH SYDNEY AND PENRITH WILL STILL BE PLAYED AS NORMAL, DESPITE INCLEMENT WEATHER.

LU LIVE >
Every game, every week - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/liveupdate.php?matchid=136

r13-game1.jpg

GAME > South Sydney v Penrith
WHEN > Friday 8 June, 7:30pm
WHERE > TELSTRA STADIUM, HOMEBUSH BAY NSW
MEDIA > LIVE on NINE, LIVE 2GB, LIVE ABC, LeagueUnlimited LIVE UPDATE
TIX > Ticketek.

RabbitohsWhite.gif
Rabbitohs
1. David Peachey, 2. Nathan Merritt, 3. Nigel Vagana, 4. Fetuli Talanoa, 5. Paul Mellor, 6. Ben Rogers, 7. Jeremy Smith, 8. Peter Cusack (c), 9. Stuart Webb, 10. Roy Asotasi (c), 11. Luke Stuart, 12. David Fa’alogo, 13. Dean Widders
Int - 14. Shane Rigon, 15. Issac Luke, 16. Manase Manuokafoa, 17. Scott Geddes, 18. Joe Galuvao

PanthersAway.gif
Panthers

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Nick Youngquest, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Nathan Smith
Int - 14. Brendan Worth, 15. Junior Moors, 16. Tim Grant, 17. Paul Aiton, 18. Geoff Daniela

RefereeYellow.gif
PAUL SIMPKINS

Sideline Officials: Paul Holland, Russell Turner
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

JERSEY FLEGG > Souths Jnrs v Panthers, 5:30pm
PREMIER LEAGUE > Bears v Panthers @ Nth Syd Oval, 2:30pm Sat

Wilco

Juniors
Souths to win by half a fingernail.

Although it is more likely to be equal effort in the first half, Penrith score early in second, game goes back into arm wrestle mode, Penrith score again, Souths start throwing ball around and a quick try results, game ends 16 - 12 to Panthers.

Sugar

Bench
Souths by 14
I have not tipped Souths for a few weeks,This week we return to the winners circle

mxlegend99

Referee
Depends which Panthers team shows up.

IF we show up at our peak, we should win by around 20. If we show up with a lot of heart, but a lot of errors, it will be a close game, with a 2 point or so loss to Panthers.

I don't even want to imagine how badly we will get beaten if we show up with another performance like we did against the Raiders.

Mr Saab

Referee
With the heavy rain i would not expect to the see the ball movement we saw last week from Penrith.
Still, Panthers to cover the start and win by 4-8

yobbo84

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
Depends which Panthers team shows up.

IF we show up at our peak, we should win by around 20. If we show up with a lot of heart, but a lot of errors, it will be a close game, with a 2 point or so loss to Panthers.

I don't even want to imagine how badly we will get beaten if we show up with another performance like we did against the Raiders.

TBH I can't see Souths getting flogged at all this year if we play our best footy. The side is too solid to do so. Anyway I think the weather will play a major part. If it keeps up there'll be lucky to be 5,000 there tonight IMO (me included!).

Looking forward to see Issac Luke again.. he impressed me last week and has been carving up PL all year...

Big Mick

Referee
Issac Luke is a star...but imo his best position is fullback.

Was senstational there for Dogs Flegg last year and I remember watching in amazement a few times at what he could do. How the dogs let him leave is anyone's guess

yobbo84 said:
TBH I can't see Souths getting flogged at all this year if we play our best footy. The side is too solid to do so. Anyway I think the weather will play a major part. If it keeps up there'll be lucky to be 5,000 there tonight IMO (me included!).

Looking forward to see Issac Luke again.. he impressed me last week and has been carving up PL all year...
I cant see us being flogged if we play sh*thouse either, Panthers will win only by 6 to 8 points, anyone who thinks its gunna be a landslide obviously hasnt watched souths performances in comparison to the scoreline they lose by.

Storm played very well, by 16 at hlme, isnt as bad as what people thought the scoreline would be, now pennies think they can do better and win by 20 away from home.

Vs Warriors 18-16 (sh*thouse)
Vs Canberra 16-10 (sh*thouse)
Vs Knights 23-22 (sh*thouse)
Vs Storm 26-10 (Average)
Vs Titans 25-18 (It Took Scotty Prince To Weave his magic to beat our very average performance)

and so on.

The Most Likely scoreline, Is panthers by 6

If We Play, we can win though

mightypanther

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Anyway I think the weather will play a major part. If it keeps up there'll be lucky to be 5,000 there tonight IMO (me included!)

Yeah, the weather will be a telling factor. Expect anything.

There is no way to predict how either side will perform in freezing, windy, and pelting rain conditions.

I don't think how either side performs tonight will be much of an indicator of the form they may or may not have in the coming weeks.

My hubby is a truckie, and he unloaded at Homebush this morning. We live out near St Marys, and he said that the rain was way heavier and the wind 5 times as strong at Homebush compared to our place. (And it's pretty horrible out here at the moment)

And from past experience, once the wind gets down inside Telstra stadium it just howls around in circles, so it's going to be miserable conditions for the players.

But my friends and I will be there no matter what the weather. It won't be fun for us, but it will be one helluva lot worse for the players.

mightypanther said:
Yeah, the weather will be a telling factor. Expect anything.

There is no way to predict how either side will perform in freezing, windy, and pelting rain conditions.

I don't think how either side performs tonight will be much of an indicator of the form they may or may not have in the coming weeks.

My hubby is a truckie, and he unloaded at Homebush this morning. We live out near St Marys, and he said that the rain was way heavier and the wind 5 times as strong at Homebush compared to our place. (And it's pretty horrible out here at the moment)

And from past experience, once the wind gets down inside Telstra stadium it just howls around in circles, so it's going to be miserable conditions for the players.

But my friends and I will be there no matter what the weather. It won't be fun for us, but it will be one helluva lot worse for the players.

True fans support their team in any weather...Go Mightypanther...:)

mightypanther

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
True fans support their team in any weather...Go Mightypanther...:)

Thanks.

Yeah our crazy lot have been on the odd occasion referred to as.......just a little obsessed..;-) :D

mxlegend99

Referee
The fact Souths have lost 5 in a row makes them dangerous, that's for sure. A team on a losing streak is just so much more desperate for a win. God i hope that we show up.

The weather is going to make it too hard to predict. I know i'm being a slack supporter and watching the game down the pub where i'll be dry.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MATCH HISTORY

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall (63 matches) > South Sydney 35 Penrith 27, One draw
At Telstra (1 match) > South Sydney 1 Penrith 0

LAST CLASH (2006)
South Sydney 32 Penrith 26 at Telstra, R22

BIGGEST WINS & LOSSES
South Sydney 59 Penrith 5 at Redfern, 1980
Penrith 44 South Sydney 6 at CUA, 1990

Late mail > Both teams have shed their 18th men from the bench (Daniela and Galuvao) and will go into the game with 1-17.

Betting > Penrith 1.65, South Sydney 2.20

Latest posts