What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R13 FNF - Souths v Penrith *SPOILERS*

mxlegend99 said:
The fact Souths have lost 5 in a row makes them dangerous, that's for sure. A team on a losing streak is just so much more desperate for a win. God i hope that we show up.

The weather is going to make it too hard to predict. I know i'm being a slack supporter and watching the game down the pub where i'll be dry.

Get amongst it mate...go get drenched and show ya colors !!.;-)

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
plenty of trys in this match tonight as hailing winds will make it so hard for the fullback and wingers, 40/20s kicks out on the full.

Penriff are specials and will make a run for the 8.
And this is from someone who took the 2.85 on offer for them last week.
They have a very decent form line going at the moment and are getting close and still giving away 15 penalties a game. When they stop giving other sides 400m plus a game for thought they will be a very hard side to beat. Not saying they can win the comp but they are one of the better sides in the comp

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
panthers are a woeful side that can only turn up at home.
not a chance away and will keep there inconsistency going.
i did tip them last week but this week souths for mine.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raiding Dazz said:
panthers are a woeful side that can only turn up at home.
:lol: Our away record is better then our home record. You're thinking of the Raiders who can only turn up at home. Panthers aren't effected by the stadium. They either show up, or they don't.

Raiding Dazz said:
not a chance away and will keep there inconsistency going.
Yet we beat Broncos and Cowboys in QLD, doesn't get much more away then that from Penrith. As for consistancy, our past 3 games are a win against Cowboys, a 2 point loss to Tigers, and a win against Manly. All 3 teams are in the top 5. All 3 games we lost in the penalty counts and still made good 80minute games of them. So our consistancy has improved immensely since the start of the season.

Raiding Dazz said:
i did tip them last week but this week souths for mine.
It's a fair bet. Souths are due for a win. And with the rain, i can see Penrith have a 40% or so completion rate, yet still only just losing.

mxlegend99

Referee
themanonthehill said:
Exactly penriff's form line is very decent and soufs' isn't.
Penrith have a lot more points in them and a lot more class.
In the dry, for sure. But our brand of footy could destroy us in this weather. That's what worries me.

Souths defence is too solid to have our forwards make all the metres and only get our backs involved near the line. But the weather isn't going to favour backs with nice running games, and sweeping backline movements.

choc_soldier

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
In the dry, for sure. But our brand of footy could destroy us in this weather. That's what worries me.

Same here. We're a team that loves to chuck the ball around, and also try to squeeze passes out in heavy traffic (especially Tony Puletua).

But we have shown this year that we can grind it out - our defence has improved under Elliott. We have more points in us than Souths do, but their defence is one of the best in the NRL.

It'll be a close one, that's for sure, and possibly become a battle of attrition in the forwards, with a brilliant backline movement perhaps being the difference - Peachy for the Bunnies or Jennings for the Panthers. Can't see more than an aggregate on 20 points to be scored, to be honest.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Jennings, Gordon and co. will have to come in and take some pressure of the forwards if they are going to have any involvement in this game. With this weather you can see both sides just tucking it under the arm and trying to make metres up the middle. Should be a good forward battle with the kicking game being vital.

Penrith are a hard team to predict, but if they are to make something of 2007 they need some back to back wins so this game is vital. I say Penrith by 8.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A NOTE FOR ALL SUPPORTERS - TONIGHTS JERSEY FLEGG GAME WILL NOT GO AHEAD AS PLANNED.

FIRST GRADE NRL BETWEEN SOUTH SYDNEY AND PENRITH WILL STILL BE PLAYED AS NORMAL, DESPITE INCLEMENT WEATHER.

I'd be interested to see how Penrith have fared when being favourites this year (if anyone has Big League in front of them).

They seem to do well when they up against it and don't turn up when favourites.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They've only been favourites three times this year.

Dodger said:
Late mail > Both teams have shed their 18th men from the bench (Daniela and Galuvao) and will go into the game with 1-17.
Colours around the wrong way

Even the cops need to be put in line sometimes huh;-)

pantherz9103

First Grade
Souths have been playing narrow loss football lately. Just playing for a respectable loss with their negative tactics. But with each loss the desperation level increases and they can't afford to be negative anymore. A definite danger game for the Panthers, I'm far from confident. Any win will do as Souths are a much better team than they used to be.

Penrith by 4

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Souths have grown on me all day (with the weather the way it is) and the mistake free football that has kept them competitive all season will win them the game tonight. Penrith have forwards who are mistake prone at the best of times and are built for dry tracks - sure the Penrith backline is superior but if Jeremy Smith's kicking game is half decent, Asotasi and Cusack will run all over Penrith in the middle of the ruck.

Souths by 1-7.

Latest posts