What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R17 Sun - Saints v Canberra *SPOILERS*

Raider_69

Post Whore
Scott Logan and Josh Miller before their injuries along with T.Thurling can hold their heads high in the dressing sheads today, the rest of the raiders need to have a good long hard look at themselves

innsaneink

Referee
Victor Meldrew said:
At least we've established the referees didn't cost anyone this game.

LOL...you never know with Raiders fans.

Geeez Louise, theres been some white flags hoisted this w/end, Pennys, Chooks and faiders...yeh, its a tight close comp:roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
stick a fork in us this season we're done

thankfully Penrith and the chooks will ensure Brooskie still owes me a case... spose it was always going to be a rough year for us this year, but we're on the right track, with this team, our coach and a few good pick ups (S.O.S WHATUIRA!) we'll be a force within the next 12 months

Dragon

Coach
Poor raiders left their A game in Canberra. We finally realised that its ok to offload, and wow, great play from the Saints.

Cletus

First Grade
Looks like the season is over for the Raiders. Can't see them making the eight from where they are now.

Disgusting and Disgraceful are two words I could use to describe the apparent effort from us today, was that a first grade team???

Raider_69

Post Whore
VictorTheViking said:
Disgusting and Disgraceful are two words I could use to describe the apparent effort from us today, was that a first grade team???

it was 3 first graders and 14 hacks pretending to be FGers

Thurling was the only bloke who put in for canberra, logan and miller also before injury struck

dragonfire

Bench
thought it was quite funny to listen to the commentator trying to say how due to the lack of TLL, Tongue and Costigan was costly to the Raiders. But yeah great effort by the team, glad to see the attack starting to come together well

Raider_69

Post Whore
Its not just them mate
at the moment we're missing:

Neville Costigan, Alan Tongue, Thom Learoyd-Lahrs, Phil Graham, Adrian Purtell... after 20 minutes we had lost Scott Logan and Josh Miller

Campese played PL for reasons unknown to anyone by Neil Henry. Todd Carney is a 5/8th playing halfback, Withers is a hooker playing Half... what injuries didnt do, Henry finished off with bizare selections

Raider_69

Post Whore
for the record, none of what i said above is an excuse for that display by canberra, absolutely heartless display... but not surprising since our heart was sitting in the stands watching on

SOS ALAN TONGUE

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Raider_69 said:
for the record, none of what i said above is an excuse for that display by canberra, absolutely heartless display... but not surprising since our heart was sitting in the stands watching on

SOS ALAN TONGUE
And that one player would have meant a 40 point turnaround?

Of course you're looking for excuses... don't fib. A Manly supporter was trying that on last week.

Have you seen the team injury list for Saints? Raiders had a near full strength team by comparison.

Dragon

Coach
Yeah im puzzled as to why campese wasnt in 6 and carney in 7. You say he played PL? Hes been one of your best the last few weeks.

Willow said:

Of course you're looking for excuses... don't fib. A Manly supporter was trying that on last week.

Have you seen the team injury list for Saints? Raiders had a near full strength team by comparison.

That one player is our captain and inspiration.

But while your talking injury lists, 2 key forwards in the first 20 minutes, aswell as tongue and costigan before the game....it was always going to be a tough one.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Willow said:

Alan Tongue is the heart and soul of the raiders, he plays we lose by maybe 20, rathers then 40 :lol:
Tongue does alot of work around the ruck that goes unnoticed, the ruck is where the dragons slayed us today. No excuses at all, we were f**king woeful, the dragons were too good.

But the game highlighted how reliant the raiders are on the key forward men, Logan, Tongue and Costigan in particular

league

Juniors
:oops: Let's not talk about the injury list we have.........Canberra fans blaming a 40 point loss because of 2 or 3 missing players...:crazy: :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You guys are kidding yourselves.

Every time a Saints takes the field, they are without 6 or 7 signed up first graders.

_Johnsy

Referee
today showed why so many people tipped canberra for the spoon. Inept is the only way I can desribe it, based on that display carney is a hack, where was his alleged "great" kicking game with a gale behind him?

league said:
:oops: Let's not talk about the injury list we have.........Canberra fans blaming a 40 point loss because of 2 or 3 missing players...:crazy: :lol:

You should learn to read before you post.

I didnt blame the loss of the game on injured or missing players, what I said was losing key players before the game, and during, makes it tough.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Congrats to a young dragons side!

Weren't afraid to throw the ball around and it certainly paid off for them.