What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 v Dolphins.

Dragon David

First Grade
The guys a gun player he was injured last year .......
It really has me puzzled why Gus Gould let RFM go. He was their club captain, he served the club the best he could given all of the coaching and player changes.

He comes across as a really decent person and fits in so well with the way we play.

To me he is the Bulldogs loss and the Dragons big gain.

kit66

Bench
Last we successfully targeted Tom Weaver and Beau Fermor on the Titans left.

This week the Dolphins may have a completely new (and potentially shakey) left edge defence, with Connolly Lemuelu injured, and Sean O'Sullivan dropped...

I'm surprised at Bennetts panicky changes after just one round. It was the first game of the year, players are rusty or new combinations haven't settled but he drops his halfback and Nui just like that on top of the forced changes, very un-Bennett like.
Katoa can expect a lot of traffic, he's a bit iffy in defence.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It really has me puzzled why Gus Gould let RFM go. He was their club captain, he served the club the best he could given all of the coaching and player changes.

He comes across as a really decent person and fits in so well with the way we play.

Maybe David The Dogs need to let Gould go

TheRev

First Grade
I do feel that most Saints fan this week are awfully cocky after 1 win.. the quality ive seen in virtually every side these last 2 weeks.. some freakishly talented stuff... yet even still that great form in no way guarantees a win.. the competition is just that brutal...

If we can snag some more early wins, it will be absolutely amazing for getting us a buffer and easing pressure, but most games come down to a few rolls of the dice for or against... its very hard to know what we have yet as a club, our consistency, how we fare in different situations where things dont go our way or the opposition pack is dominant, or we get a few bad ref calls.. I have some hope ofcourse...but assume absolutely nothing..

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

They let him go because he didn’t play for the panfers previously

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Agree @TheRev. Some Dragons fans getting cocky after 1 round. Dolphins won't be easy especially after a loss. They have some experienced old heads in that team that can unsettle the Dragons. Hopefully Saints can get a win over them as these early games are crucial and winning 2 away games in Qld is a great start.
Nah…I’ve had a close look at our draw and I can’t see where we can possibly lose a game. Dragons to go undefeated this year.

Crush

Coach
Nah…I’ve had a close look at our draw and I can’t see where we can possibly lose a game. Dragons to go undefeated this year.
100%
Finally people waking up.

In all seriousness though, I always thought we’d start the year strong, I called May premiers before the trials.
Problem will be injury and suspension.
Our depth ain’t much chop.
Fegai brothers anyone?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
100%

In all seriousness though, I always thought we’d start the year strong, I called May premiers before the trials.
Fegai brothers anyone?
If a dragon’s player did what Nikora or Luai did last night, they’d have been sent off with 8 week suspension. (Just to match Spencer). The inconsistency of this sport makes me hate it

Dragon David

First Grade
Maybe David The Dogs need to let Gould go
To me the Bulldogs has been a Gould thing. He says too much and should just leave all things footy with his appointed head coach.

I am so glad that all things footy with the Dragons has been with Shane Flanagan. It is far better hearing your coach talking about you than the General Manager in my opinion.

Belta

Juniors
100%

Fegai brothers anyone?

It’s been addressed and witnessed already the improvements in our top 17, in and around them is some decent young play coming through, and then we have the backups that have first grade experience like the couchmans and Fegai twins. And it’s this depth that gives a ever so slight flicker of hope that we may just with a lot of luck break into the 8.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
If Nikora copped 3 weeks for the hit(2 with an early plea) surely it must have been serious enough for a send off during the game?

Sorry guys, forgot he is not a Dragon's player.
Nikora's tackle reminds me of Ravalwa's tackle where he came flying in and shoulder charged a player in the body.

Nikora got 2 weeks for hitting the human uggboot in the head. Ravalwa got 4 weeks for hitting a guy in the torso!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...f**k this sport!

Crush

Coach
It’s been addressed and witnessed already the improvements in our top 17, in and around them is some decent young play coming through, and then we have the backups that have first grade experience like the couchmans and Fegai twins. And it’s this depth that gives a ev er so slightflicker of hope that we may just with a lot of luck break into the 8.
Bro what’s with all the quotes? When are these from?

Latest posts