What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 Sun - ROOSTERS v WARRIORS *Match Thread* Game of the Year

dice

Juniors
There were a few good players out there today but Lauaki was the most influential.

Given F&A, the draw was as good as win for Roosters, as bad as a loss for the Warriors.... not that I am complaining ;-)

dice

Juniors
Sanchez said:
where was the penalty at the end

Roosters players offside charging down Witt's field goal attempt. Entire Warriors team offside after Amos Roberts made the break. Probably a few more should have been given and that is just in extra time!

If the refs are too afraid to give penalties in extra time they should make it golden try. No penalty or field goals allowed.

Rovelli

Bench
dice said:
Given F&A, the draw was as good as win for Roosters, as bad as a loss for the Warriors.... not that I am complaining ;-)

How was the draw as good as a win for the Roosters? They needed a win, only drew, now they are 3 pts outside of the top-8, and are still two wins outside of the top-8.

The draw could be a considered a loss for us, if the Cowboys are to find some form and seal 4th, but with the way they are playing, we could yet pass them.

Carlito

Juniors
Rovelli said:
How was the draw as good as a win for the Roosters? They needed a win, only drew, now they are 3 pts outside of the top-8, and are still two wins outside of the top-8..

As has been previously said, before this game we were 3 wins out of the game due to our F/A, now we are only 2.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
With the roosters poor differential, that could be a good outcome for them. Brisbane is very vulnerable at the moment, and the beauty of the Roosters being on odd points mean they can have a leap frog effect taking the differential out of play

Leaves the Warriors very vulnerable though. The differential was their strong point in that group of side, all counts for nothing now though, becuase 1 loss and the teams 1 point back could all go past them

Iafeta

Referee
I was at the game, and let me tell you the atmosphere was electric. I still don't understand the need for golden point and am chuffed it ended up as a draw, as it was the rightful result.

For the Warriors, special mention to Epalahame Lauaki who really stepped it up today. Also to Steve Price but that goes without saying. Manu, good in patches but gees he needs to work on his tackle technique, his defence at times was ordinary.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Fast Eddie said:
We need the Panthers to string two in a row. C'mon Panthers!

The past two seasons Penrith have finished very well, after offering nthing early on. We can again be a pain to teams who have top 4 or top 8 aspirations.

Rovelli

Bench
Should've kicked a FG to put us up 31-24.

Liked how cool he was after he eventually kicked a harder FG.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Apart from his last line drop out and the field goal and his goal kicking I don't think Witty had a good game. His defense was good but some of his option taking on attack was a bit off.

Hame thou...gee he's grown in stature hasn't he? Nice.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tend to agree BryneRovelli. Both the halves kicking games were very poor on occassions imo, rovelli ESPECIALLY. He put that one kick for Vatuvei's try, apart from that he was horrid!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
:( poor Wadeo!!

I thoughout if we'd at least scored another try we could had taken him off, but no that didn't happen and he ended up staying out there. I hope he hasn't done any more damage...

Moffo

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Witty played well

i know you're winding people up but i must say that witt was sh*t. he is a hack, surely NZ have a better option than him

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Tend to agree BryneRovelli. Both the halves kicking games were very poor on occassions imo, rovelli ESPECIALLY. He put that one kick for Vatuvei's try, apart from that he was horrid!

He tried to take the line on a few times Ravs, but the defense had him sorted which probably made his life a little more difficult Still he should have done better. Perhaps a lesson he'll learn.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Moffo said:
i know you're winding people up but i must say that witt was sh*t. he is a hack, surely NZ have a better option than him

Like who? Nathan Fien? Hmm no, Ropati? Why would you take him away from center? Hohaia who sometimes has far worse option taking then Witt today. Er..no there isn't any one else. Besides it was only one bad game from him in a while. It's not like he's had shockers every single match

Latest posts