What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 Sun - ROOSTERS v WARRIORS *Match Thread* Game of the Year

Mox

Juniors
melon.... said:
Crap performance from the idiot Hayne. Ripped us off and you blokes didnt exactly get a reasonable go either in the Penalties..

He f**ked up both teams but we got the rough edge in the extra time ..

And remember we only had 1 dodgy pass we scored from.

You scored two when we had that bs sin bin

Then in extra time it was all towards the roosters.. even the aussie commentators were getting agro at him :p

The ref was just sh*thouse all around

(Btw does garry freeman consider himself a kiwi or a aussie ?? I did hear him yesterday to refer to nz as "home")

dice

Juniors
Choppies said:
I thought we were lucky to get the point.
We dropped off for 30 mins and that is would have meant us getting 0 points.
But that last 10 mins of regular time is a good thing ill take out of it. A few weeks ago, if we were down 30-18 with 20 to go we would have put the cue in the rack.

We will take heaps out of that game Choppies. Warriors are the best team in the comp at the moment and we gave them a run and we are still on the improve after only 4 games under Fittler. Soliola is back as well so no Williams whom Warriors targeted.

dice

Juniors
Mox said:

Then in extra time it was all towards the roosters.. even the aussie commentators were getting agro at him :p

(Btw does garry freeman consider himself a kiwi or a aussie ?? I did hear him yesterday to refer to nz as "home")

Disagree. The last two Warriors tries should never have been and I am not referring to the dodgy grounding or forward pass. First try Williams was stripped two on one, and the 2nd try came about after an alleged knock on by the roosters which actually bounced off Williams back after he was bumped out the way by the Warriors winger.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
dice said:
Disagree. The last two Warriors tries should never have been and I am not referring to the dodgy grounding or forward pass. First try Williams was stripped two on one, and the 2nd try came about after an alleged knock on by the roosters which actually bounced off Williams back after he was bumped out the way by the Warriors winger.

If you're talking about the one that had Wiki and Evarn in the tackle then that wasn't stripped. Even the commentators said no problem after looking at the replay.

melon....

Coach
Mox said:

We bombed some sitters in extra time too, so the result was probably fair.

Mox

Juniors
Well losing that game by goldent point would have been HORRIBLE for any supporter of the losing team....

I agree that a draw was prob fair in the context of things.. however the ref DID have a shocker all around..

To be fair the warriors are prob getting used to it .. i mean.. look at last week :crazy::crazy:

melon....

Coach
Mox said:
Well losing that game by goldent point would have been HORRIBLE for any supporter of the losing team....

I agree that a draw was prob fair in the context of things.. however the ref DID have a shocker all around..

To be fair the warriors are prob getting used to it .. i mean.. look at last week :crazy::crazy:
I wouldnt worry about the Warriors. They are the form side with manly at the moment, Melbourne having peaked already. I think you'll go fine. As long as Easts finish higher than LOL@SOUFFS Im happy.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yeah you would be you giant tool.
Shame you only post when you're winning. Even other Roosters fans pull you up on it.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Wheelsy said:
Yeah you would be you giant tool.
Shame you only post when you're winning. Even other Roosters fans pull you up on it.

Thats not entirely true. They drew this week.

Iafeta

Referee
dice said:

Bullsh!t. First try Evarn Tuimavave is the man in the tackle, it comes loose quite clearly with no play at the ball. Second try, it does come off Crockett, you're right, but it has already been flicked forward by Williams.

dice

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Bullsh!t. First try Evarn Tuimavave is the man in the tackle, it comes loose quite clearly with no play at the ball. Second try, it does come off Crockett, you're right, but it has already been flicked forward by Williams.

Look at the slow-mo, he rakes and pulls Williams arm down causing the ball to pop loose.

You are confusing the third incident in which the Warriors didn't score off. I am talking about the one prior where Roosters regained possession after stupid Mannering pass and Hayne said no advantage knock on against the roosters. Crockett went for the ball as well and collided with Williams causing the ball to hit the top and back of Williams shoulder. His hand didn't even go close to the ball.

I will see if I can post some pics to prove the point.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
dice said:
Look at the slow-mo, he rakes and pulls Williams arm down causing the ball to pop loose.

You are confusing the third incident in which the Warriors didn't score off. I am talking about the one prior where Roosters regained possession after stupid Mannering pass and Hayne said no advantage knock on against the roosters. Crockett went for the ball as well and collided with Williams causing the ball to hit the top and back of Williams shoulder. His hand didn't even go close to the ball.

If you're talking about the Logan Swann pass then I thought Williams touched the ball with his hands but the no advantage call was the wrong one. Swann had plenty of time to either run or actually look to where he was passing the ball.

And i've got the game on tape (was working at the time) and for the life of me I can't see any strip by Evarn. His hand might've been around the arm but that was a terrible carry by Williams and the lost ball was a result of the tackle and falling to the ground rather than any intentional attack on the ball by Evarn. Admittedly the camera angles they showed us weren't the best, but I couldn't see any evidence to suggest anything but a loose carry and lost ball.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just watched the replay twice today and there's no way the Rovelli---> Lauaki pass was forward

But it'll go down in history now I guess. Just goes to show the bum rap refs get sometimes. Someone will always think a call is wrong.

Iafeta

Referee
dice said:

Rubbish. Tuimavave tackled him around his chest, the ball came loose with no attack on the ball. Loss of control=knock on.

The other one, both players go for the ball, both touch it, but Williams clearly propels towards the northern end of the Sydney Football Stadium. His hand not only went close to the ball, but propelled the ball forwards - with the way you're seeing things, I wonder where your hand has been lately to be honest.

dice

Juniors
One player raking at the ball with the other player raking at the arm is apparently not a strip.

strip2st1.jpg

And the back of Williams' shoulder is apparently part of his hand.

bomb1qa3.jpg
bomb2ei1.jpg

Iafeta

Referee
Again, wrong. Tuimavave pulled at his arm. I was at about the 20m line at the game, that is what happened.

The ball struck Williams' hand before hitting his shoulder. That was evident again at the game.

Either way, it's all said and done. Even though we got screwed in golden point, I think it's best to leave the refereeing aside and acknowledge a great performance from 34 top players, 2 fine young coaches and a hell of a great atmosphere at the ground. Irrespective of how this affects our standing at the end of the regular season, I'll remember those things.

Rovelli

Bench
You could argue Ashley Harrison's try was as a result of an obstruction.

Ultimately, both teams got some dud calls, a draw was a fair result.

dice

Juniors
Rovelli said:
Ultimately, both teams got some dud calls, a draw was a fair result.

That's the point I am trying to make. A number of calls could have decided the game for either team... but you wouldn't know it speaking to some Warriors supporters.