What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R23: Tigers vs Raiders

skeepe

Immortal
aussies1st just out of interest how many PL matches have you seen recently? From what I've seen lately, Williams' fitness is fine. I do agree on Raston though, that boy can play!

aussies1st

Staff member
His fitness is usually good in PL though. But when he comes up to FG he bearly gets 20 minutes.

julian87

Juniors
Kahler is far better than ben Jones imo. That leaves a toss up between him and Rothery and although I am a big Rothery fan, i think Kahler deserves to retain his spot atm.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Got to disagree re Kahler and Jones. I would have Jones ahead of Kahler any day. He is a much more effective defender and neither have any great attacking quality so they cancel each other out in that area. Jones does not have brain explosions like Kahler, what the hell was he doing with that looping pass to nobody. Jones has the ability to put people on the deck one on one whereas Kahler gets bumped off repeatedly. He is a nuffy of the highest order and unless he bulks up in the off season will never see first grade again.

thickos

First Grade
Rothery tends to go missing for extended periods of time however, whereas I think Jones is much more reliable than all of them. Offers little in attack though.

julian87

Juniors
I'd have Rothery as well tbh, but i don't think it is a coincidence that we are starting to play our best football when Kahler gets back into the side.

Honestly Rothery and Jones have been far too inconsistent individually and in an inconsistent team to deserve a spot, even though Rothery is my favourite back rower in the club bar TLL. Raston and Williams wouldn't work as Hodgson has been ruled out, so the only ppl in the team that can play back row are the three named in those positions and Chalk. I think it would work because I think Thompson should play second row for stints of a game, but that isnt going to happen.

skeepe

Immortal
Robbie Farah is apparently only a 20% chance of playing. I think our chances just got a massive boost.