What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 - Warriors V Tigers Gameday

Blair

Coach
Skip the first 120mins and just do penalty shoot-outs.
True, and another disgraceful broadcast by Channel Seven. They're still cracking on about a lottery win while another 1/4 Final is starting here in Sydney, England v Colombia, and a huge crowd, but you wouldn't even know it's happening.

That sums up the Tigers season. They were often really in contests but couldn't quite finish them their way.
Most of their tries came from broken play, not to much structure attack causing defense issues.
They not quite the easy beats with their full squad.

Blair

Coach
Two very underwhelming games in a row. Not the form we want heading into the finals.
In that context Manly is the perfect opponent next week. A bogey team, at home, and with the hardcore Daly Cherry-Evans ready to expose any weaknesses.

Leber

Bench
We were very poor last night. We are lucky that we were only playing the tigers. Similarly, we were lucky we had the titans last week. We won’t beat manly next week u mess we improve.

big DM to the Hamilton crowd. 4 streakers, Mexican waves where everything threw their beer cans (this isn’t union). It just didn’t feel like a league game. Makes me think that the warriors are ultimately an Auckland team.

GoSouths

Juniors

Looks like separation to me. Watching it live, i was expecting this to come up no try. Also expected Curran to get pinged for a high tackle later in the game and he didnt. So, probably not in a position to complain about the refs dudding us for the next game or 2. Tigers on the other hand...

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Looks like separation to me. Watching it live, i was expecting this to come up no try. Also expected Curran to get pinged for a high tackle later in the game and he didnt. So, probably not in a position to complain about the refs dudding us for the next game or 2. Tigers on the other hand...
100% separation. I thought the same as I watched, as a fan at 12-all I was happy to see it given, but I thought they rushed that decision and didn't use that one angle where there was slight, but to me significant enough separation to rule it out.

Definitely a game where the refereeing decisions went our way.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Speaking of which, the Egan penalty to me was poor defensive technique rather than a high shot. And Brooks didn't hit Curran high, he lost it cold.

I love Wayde Egan like a pig loves mud, but I have this ongoing queasiness about his tackle technique. He reeled out of one really early on getting his head completely in the wrong place, then the tackle that he got hit in the throat, his head was near the ball and the carrying arm - I didn't think the attacking player did anything wrong at all.

I would hate to lose Wayde in a huge finals game, it showed last night that we lose our shape and cohesiveness when he's not on - especially when Lussick isn't on the bench. Fair play to Sironen but he isn't a 9, his service is laboured and inaccurate (and that isn't his role, so I don't blame him)

We were very poor last night. We are lucky that we were only playing the tigers. Similarly, we were lucky we had the titans last week. We won’t beat manly next week u mess we improve.

big DM to the Hamilton crowd. 4 streakers, Mexican waves where everything threw their beer cans (this isn’t union). It just didn’t feel like a league game. Makes me think that the warriors are ultimately an Auckland team.
Only 1 streaker/pitch invader stopped the game (unless 4 happened at once) vs Palmy which had 3 stoppages if I remember correctly.
From a TV perspective it sounded really good.