What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R25 | Knights 18-20 Bulldogs @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Whats Doing

Bench
The boys had a real dig tonight. If they showed all year, they wouldn't be in the position they are currently in.

Some observations.

Mamo is not as quick as previously. That run by Rona showed he was losing distance to Rona and even Gagai who was chasing. I was wondering why this year when he has played he always seem to just miss from getting through a gap. It is obvious he has lost some pace but is still fairly quick. He needs to get it back as he currently lacks other basic football skills.

Uate is becoming an embarrassment. The bloke is clearly on the downhill run and has not learned to overcome any of his glaring deficiencies. At $500k he needs to be shopped around.

Sione had one of his better games and will only get better with more experience.

Gids was pretty good and was the only half to play straight which resulted in a try.

Roberts That god he is going. He just doesn't play straight which creates problems for his outside men.

Sims brothers have really started to fire and will be great assets next year.

Snowden- Obviously contract time is not up and he just away far too many penalties

Scott- That god he is also going and has continued his poor form.

Mataora/Newton/Houston- The pillows who offer nothing when they are on. They are all a waste of salary cap and when these 3 were on together in the latter part of the 1st half is when we lost the game.

Randell - Did fairly well but could take a leaf out of Damien Cook's skill set particularly footwork at the line.

Levi - Impressed again

Apey

Staff member
f**k Uate. I give up on him. As soon as he started running towards that ball with his arms outstretched like a goose I knew he was going to drop it.

Dave_

Juniors
You know what? I hate Uate. He makes me so angry and then I drink more and then I wake up crook. Then I'm still angry at Uate. Fu*k Uate.

I don't know if it's just me but I kinda get the feeling that Tariq hogs the ball too much and stifles the attack a bit. He has strong carries and is very dangerous no doubt but he needs to learn to pass the ball to his outside men and keep the defence guessing.

Swarzey

Bench
Problem with Tariq is that for him to be at his absolute best he needs good service from his inside. He came from a side playing outside the game's best who put in the right holes at the right time. I don't blame him for feeling like he needs to create his own opportunities because...well...he has to. It's another area of our attack that should improve next year with solid halves.

Rod

Bench
Should have won that. Dogs were there for the taking but we just couldn't get over the line when it mattered. Uate spilling the dropout was the final dagger (the one with 10 seconds to go was irrelevant, we were never going to score and you can't blame him for trying to catch it), but we had plenty of chances earlier as well and stuffed most of them up, Ross not passing to Roberts is the other glaring one but there were more. Our attack was largely predictable and it took Gidley straightening us up to break the line.

The good news is that our forward pack is starting to stand up, led by the Sims boys, and that is without some decent artillery as well and against the biggest pack in the comp, we largely held our own and weren't afraid to stand up to the niggle either.

We say it every week but Hodkinson steering us around will make the world of difference next year, so many random hitups where we just look directionless.

knightsarmy

Juniors
yes I this Ross stuffed up not passing to roberts but they were a playmaker down 3/4 of the game and we still couldn't dominate.Our kicking was predictable and non threatening , we will be better off next year in attack , we just need to win the last game - I'm hoping the boys have got some energy left for next week

aqua_duck

Coach
Tyrone played his 1 good game every 12 months last week, don't expect much from him till the end of next season

Go easy on Ross. Blaming him for not passing to an unmarked Roberts is a sign of utter desperation as opposed to a proper appraisal of the game. There were four or five half breaks we made where a support player would have been off. Beau Scott dropped a ball cold when hitting a hole in the second half. Had he held it he was under the posts.

Latest posts