What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R25 Sun - Parramatta v Brisbane

osg

Juniors
The funniest thing about all of this Parra chest beating is the sad fact that they will probably back this up with their worst performance of the year next week..........

They do it year after year after year.......

But look, i'm happy to be proven wrong as i don't mind Hagan at the reigns and i would rather Parra win the title than the Bulldogs, Manly or the Storm.

Given my dislike for the Bronc's it was indeed a brilliant afternoon to watch footy........

ockham

Juniors
Just brilliant football.
In Context:
Parra flogged a team which has been over-achieving for the last 6-8 weeks.
Parra was never seriously under pressure - even though Broncs led early - the question remains does Parra have the courage to win tough finals football.

I won't waste the time asking the same question for Broncs. They just can't. Today is how good they are. The Real Bronco's stood up today.

Penance

Juniors
I just got back from the game, Brilliant Stuff...How Strong is Eric Grothe Jr????

Hayne was outstanding at the back, i love Parra's backline..

Could of been 78-22, Get that into Ya

Mr. Saa'd'

mattyg

Bench
lol, brisbane embarrasing themselves ala bulldogs in 2005...couldn't see it coming tbh. Will be VERY interesting if they can save face next week against melbourne.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Completly outplayed.

However I disagree that this was the way the broncos should be playing. Not finding excuses but again we only had lacey on the bench. And Full credit to Parra, they carved us up!

But people what would of happened if Emmit wouldnt have knocked the ball on over the line. 22-12 With Brisbane having control over the game. But not to be.

Tim Smith is amazing. Some of his cut out passes today were amazing. Shame he is inconsistent.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Originally Posted by AsPiRiNg YoUtH
Completly outplayed.

However I disagree that this was the way the broncos should be playing. Not finding excuses but again we only had lacey on the bench. And Full credit to Parra, they carved us up!

But people what would of happened if Emmit wouldnt have knocked the ball on over the line. 22-12 With Brisbane having control over the game. But not to be.

Tim Smith is amazing. Some of his cut out passes today were amazing. Shame he is inconsistent.

NO TRY shepard!!!!!!!

Tim Smith can do some brilliant things i've thought he has the best passing game in the comp since 2005, but he's not consistent so parra don't really have a chance in the finals as they need him firing to win games.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't believe what i saw today. I wish it wasn't farkign fathers day as i would've went!!

Are Parramatta and the Cowboys the two most exciting teams in the past decade? just simply amazing.

Inu's last try , pure magic

Tim Smith, has always had the ability and today showed why he's my favourite Parramatta player along with Tahu.

Very proud supporter, games like this (apart from GF's) you visualise all the time.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
WTF? said:
NO TRY shepard!!!!!!!

Tim Smith can do some brilliant things i've thought he has the best passing game in the comp since 2005, but he's not consistent so parra don't really have a chance in the finals as they need him firing to win games.

Oh ok fair enough. Cant say i noticed it. Commentaters didnt mention it either.

Still would have changed the whole game. Stupid mistake.

Yeah i think Sniths problem is he is also very kick happy. But today, man, he was amazing. Couldnt fault parramatta.

They took full advatage of Brisbanes injury list, and once Hodges got pulled, they went 200MPH! Disapointing but awesome to watch.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I'm so glad they i get to wait up till 12 o freaking clock to watch it on nien down here...

lockyno1

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
What, to be expected??? didn't look that way after 20 mins.

We had made the 8..more than anyone expected after Lockyer went down, so a performance like this whilst not great was bound to happen once this year.

badav

Bench
i was at the game and i got the feeling that the ref allowed play to continue waiting for a try to be scored so that he could check it with the video ref.

but then emmet spilled it. that was the turning point really, and when hodges went off it was curtains.

Hurriflatch

Referee
ch.9 were the only people not to mention it

both 2GB and ABC radio calls said it would've been called back for an obstruction.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
oh ok thats fair enough. What part of the play was it? I was just too frustrated that he actually dropped the ball. I mean, he was in the process of diving. Hope he gets dropped for that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not sure the players but #11 (Parker???) had the ball and ran behind 2 players I think they were Thorn and Thiaday before passing the ball at least 3 players were stopped from making the tackle

also the Boyd "dive" took place just after the dropped ball, the kick at the end of Parra's set went into the in goal, Boyd made it out and got a face slap by Cordoba as Boyd was stepped and fell past Cordoba who stuck a hand out

Boyd then stayed down for 20 seconds or so at best he was waiting until everyone got back onside as if he would've jumped up and played the ball only the 2 Broncos were onside and it would've been easy for Parra to push them back in goal

but I think getting a penalty definatly was going through Boyd's mind