What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

Dragon David

First Grade
5:30pm Saturday perfect time slot.
If you lose, won’t ruin your entire weekend, can put on a movie and have an early night.
If you win, prime celebrating time, have a few drinks, watch the 7:30pm game knowing you have got the two points.
Not sure what to expect tonight, I feel we should bounce back but after last week who would know, I don’t have a great feeling about it tbh.
We all wish for the best outcome for our games and that is to win. My thoughts are that yes our guys will play a much improved game than they did against the Dolphins. They will be more committed and will be sticking to a solid game plan, but I don't think that it will be enough against a bigger and faster team like the Cowboys.

I can visualise Dean Young being hard at work devising ways to defend against the Cows. He would know their weaknesses and strengths after being their assistant coach these past two years. It is our attack that needs honing and I hope the likes of Ryan Carr with Flanno have got our guys practising several set plays to score tries.

I'm hoping for a win, but I know it will be even tougher than last week so that win might be out of our reach today. Fingers crossed that I am wrong.

kit66

Bench
For whatever reason Bud Mr Sua is becoming very unreliable isnt he.....I like his style of play most times (when hes on the paddock) but he's not value added these days.....certainly doesnt help our plight atm

Su'a was our best forward round 1, 80 minutes, 164 mtrs and some great defence but followed it up last week with just 63 metres and 7 missed tackles - I don't get it. I guess it depends on the opposition and the make up of the rest of our team. When he's good he's very good but when he's bad..........
He's our only 80 minute forward at the moment so he'll be a big loss in this game and Flanno will have to use the bench wisely.

Su'a was our best forward round 1, 80 minutes, 164 mtrs and some great defence but followed it up last week with just 63 metres and 7 missed tackles - I don't get it. I guess it depends on the opposition and the make up of the rest of our team. When he's good he's very good but when he's bad..........
He's our only 80 minute forward at the moment so he'll be a big loss in this game and Flanno will have to use the bench wisely.
He was quite good and quite consistent last year too. A rare poor game last week.

maestro1

Bench
He couldn't replicate round 1 with a quad strain. It's almost impossible to put any power into your run. That in addition to the Dolphins up tempo game as opposed to the Titans lack of drive. No wonder he didn't play as well

Parko1310

Juniors
Well the bad news with Su'a being out is that one of our best forwards is out for us. The good news is that (I can't believe I'm saying this) BMM comes onto the bench. We needed size so badly and I can't believe Michael Molo was picked over BMM this week. Our middle was looking incredibly small so I think him coming into the side to play through the middle is positive

TheRev

First Grade
I don't think we need to turn on Su'a (our best forward) after 1 poor game, particularly if he was out there with a quad strain...

I did take his trial & Rd1 form so far with a large grain of salt knowing that he is trying to impress other clubs to bump his price up.. I dont blame him for that, but I do hope he continues to try that hard all year. I do get the feeling he is on his way out though, or I dont think Flanno is out there chasing other 2nd rowers... Flanno almost seems obsessed with 2nd rowers... maybe thats just whats been available...

Anon

Bench
...Why would they target us? It makes no sense.
I'm not sure 'targeting' is the right word but historically the NRL knows it can get away with screwing us over because we invariably just bend over and spread our cheeks for them without any protest.

Take for example some of the ridiculous charges/suspensions Ravalawa copped a few years back when they were cracking down on shoulder charges and high tackles.

Someone even put together a video compilation showing Ravalawa's tackles for which he was suspended and similar or worse tackles from other players that resulted in no suspension and in some cases not even penalised.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors
Well the bad news with Su'a being out is that one of our best forwards is out for us. The good news is that (I can't believe I'm saying this) BMM comes onto the bench. We needed size so badly and I can't believe Michael Molo was picked over BMM this week. Our middle was looking incredibly small so I think him coming into the side to play through the middle is positive
We need RFM and SULI to really step up from last week. Tough ask this week, but the Cows made a lot of mistakes last week and didn't complete a high percentage of their sets. On Paper they are more full strength then us. I am looking forward to seeing Jesse make his debut. I am cautiously optimistic.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'll go with Flanno won't accept what we saw last week.

First home game, fire up boys. Dragons in a tight one.

Will require an 80 minute effort and even then it will be a close one. I want to believe they will bounce back but unfortunately can't see it getting the two points. Will be happy enough (and somewhat resigned) if it is kept competitive for a loss.

Dragon David

First Grade
Seems like all the Dragons fans watched the Dogs demolish the Titans and are like oh f**k we're going to get smashed again.
Demolish it was DB. I will say now that the Titans is a likely candidate for collecting the wooden spoon this year. They just were hopeless and now that their captain has a knee injury and looks likely to be out for a while, they will be fodder for other teams. Our win against them was good but we know that the Titans didn't play well and even worse today against the Dogs. Des might get the bullet. I'm sure the Titans' forum will have a Sack Dessie thread.

thebigredv

First Grade
As we move into the last few minutes before the game I'd like to do a community announcement:

Remember this is a season which will be a bit topsy turvy and we just need to grin and bare it (again). Try to enjoy what you can and be grateful for any small wins that might happen. Most of all, don't get too angry when we get beaten severely.