What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

TheRev

First Grade
I will say that I dislike having to use Sloan, but I do feel hes gotten a little bit better each week.. he ran hard today.. every week hes running a lil bit harder.. I dont feel we should have to train that.. it should just be there.. but hes one of the few players that is improving.

Lomax was a god.. without him we get truely flogged.. and I loved BMM starting the game.. his big body was awesome.. not sure why ppl r so anti his selections.

Our pack overall though is just not up to it.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
talking about soft!
Positives
Leilua and Lomax easily our best
Next week we get back Sua, Liddell,F Molo and Sele
Half of the pack that played tonite will be Deleted
84 points conceded in the past two games
Now we will see how Flanno reacts
thank you. I needed something positive after seeing us lay down again for the cowboys to run rings around us. no wonder hunt and lomax want out - is there ever going to be an end to this torture every week / season

BLM01

First Grade
I will say that I dislike having to use Sloan, but I do feel hes gotten a little bit better each week.. he ran hard today.. every week hes running a lil bit harder.. I dont feel we should have to train that.. it should just be there.. but hes one of the few players that is improving.

Lomax was a god.. without him we get truely flogged.. and I loved BMM starting the game.. his big body was awesome.. not sure why ppl r so anti his selections.

Our pack overall though is just not up to it.
Its our line speed in defense that is not up to it, and slowing the play the balls down like the opposition do and get away with it. Still mentally we are fragile especially when a team has momentum and that will take time to arrest
Very disappointing tonight we had em on toast and could not drive the nail

Dragon David

First Grade
Words escape me. We looked so promising hitting that lead but as soon as bloody Mariner dropped a sitter the turnaround was astonishing as if our guys just said - "we f. cked that one with that try being missed, you bastard Mariner" and then they couldn't stop scoring. Our attitude just changed unbelievably bad. Hunt should have kept geeing our guys up to refocus and defend the lead.

Young is the bad luck we have secured this year. He didn't bring on any success when he was the assistant coach under Mary and still isn't. Flanno has problems galore and if they cannot be rectified, we won't be too far off that wooden spoon which he says we won't get - let's see Flanno!!!

thebigredv

First Grade
Common people, it hard too swallow this club is pure shit, since the merge, seriously the team of 2005 and 2006, should have won back to back!
To be fair there isn't a fan on here that wouldn't like to hit the factory reset button on this club but unfortunately that's not a reality. All we can do is look for new ways of moving forward. Those fans out there today were there to back us and when Flanagan went in I won't lie I felt myself choking up. Not because we were back but because I've forgotten the feeling of being a great team and for a moment it just reminded me of this.

I get a feeling Shane Flanagan will assist in this this move forward and maybe some times it will feel like we are going nowhere but I guess that's where trust comes in. Some of the things he's said/done around juniors is promising.

He will not be able to attract talent with us letting in 40 points every week however and this needs to be addressed post haste.

Yes we suck. The club's teetering on the edge of something not good I agree with you. I don't care about profits. I want us to be about winning.

56to66

Juniors
To be fair there isn't a fan on here that wouldn't like to hit the factory reset button on this club but unfortunately that's not a reality. All we can do is look for new ways of moving forward. Those fans out there today were there to back us and when Flanagan went in I won't lie I felt myself choking up. Not because we were back but because I've forgotten the feeling of being a great team and for a moment it just reminded me of this.

I get a feeling Shane Flanagan will assist in this this move forward and maybe some times it will feel like we are going nowhere but I guess that's where trust comes in. Some of the things he's said/done around juniors is promising.

He will not be able to attract talent with us letting in 40 points every week however and this needs to be addressed post haste.

Yes we suck. The club's teetering on the edge of something not good I agree with you. I don't care about profits. I want us to be about winning.
Something radical must happen, I would actually get more joy if the club went back to the original St George team with the recognition of 15 premierships.
For the last 24 years, I have been reminded amongst every non St George bluh bluh Steeler Illawarra dragons that this club has 0 premierships and 1 lucky premiership.

Murfy

Juniors
No line speed. Great in attack but our defence was atrocious. Let them run up to us every play. Not sure if that’s a fitness thing or the players just not aiming up in defence. Marschke has to be our 14 when liddle is back.

Wasn’t expecting results immediately with Flanagan coming in. We show signs of being a good team. Once the boys get on top of the defence I think we will be good. Just have to be patient because it will come. Just hard to stomach due to the years of being awful.

lomax and leilua outstanding. I think this team will click into gear second half of the year. We are showing signs.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
WTF with these ads??????

84 points were conceded in the last 2 rounds.

Our current defensive coach and incumbent head coach in 25 and beyond for many many many years to come has made me tap out for this season and the future!!!!!!

Why Is Birdy Num Nums even in the 17 ??????’

FFS....... women's beach volleyball for me from here on in.

F'ing joke of a club.......which one of the 17 tonight would DEMAND a first-grade spot in, Rorters, Melb, Bonkos, Pemfriff, and even Souffs.

Flanno must be taking Sleep Bear, Care Bear, and magic unicorn pills if last week's embarrassment was never to happen again.........It just F'ing did you dumb C!@#t.

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
I've been involved in Rugby League since 1970 as a player, coach, fan, etc. I don't ever remember a team being on the wrong side of 4 x 12 point turnarounds. No team has bombed more certain tries in the 1st 3 rounds. What is happening? It is almost like we are surprised when we get an easy chance to score. As a player you should only be allowed to bomb sitters like that perhaps once in a career, or even 1 a season. Sloan has spilled at least 3 in the last few games. Sloan was one of our best, but you have to nail those. He just seems too casual. Sloan, Lomax, and RFM bombed absolute sitters. Plus Flanno kicking to the wing when he had a flying Sloan on his inside. He scores untouched if Flanno sees him. We then showed our lack of fortitude by allowing the Cows to score all 4 times within minutes