What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 eels

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sorry FCD.

There you guys are, sipping martini’s and smoking Cuban cigars in the top 4!

Things are so bad at wt at the moment, I was thinking we might sos Mary!
Sorry mate I had no intention of bagging a fellow struggler. We have been down this road before and its a long season. It is my personal opinion though that Madge probably has to go after this season. It looks as though he has lost the group. You really don't have a terrible side on paper. Certainly no worse that what we are trotting out with Hunt out etc. Is there a coach alive that can get Brooks firing? He just has so much potential.

Sorry mate I had no intention of bagging a fellow struggler. We have been down this road before and its a long season. It is my personal opinion though that Madge probably has to go after this season. It looks as though he has lost the group. You really don't have a terrible side on paper. Certainly no worse that what we are trotting out with Hunt out etc. Is there a coach alive that can get Brooks firing? He just has so much potential.

All good.

I’m a closet Ben Hunt fan myself. I came out of the closet during an emergency family meeting yesterday.

The wife wants a divorce, the boy won’t talk to me and my daughter has run off the local meth dealer!

You seem to playing really well without fully loaded Marquee. It’s all counter intuitive, illogical, irrational and ....bloody awesome for you.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All good.

I’m a closet Ben Hunt fan myself. I came out of the closet during an emergency family meeting yesterday.

The wife wants a divorce, the boy won’t talk to me and my daughter has run off the local meth dealer!

You seem to playing really well without fully loaded Marquee. It’s all counter intuitive, illogical, irrational and ....bloody awesome for you.
Its very early days but it is great to watch.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interestingly, we won't play the Eels again unless we both make the 8 and even then there's a possibility depending on the finals positions we won't play them at all.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well said Kit , just on Gutherson’s hit on Clune that was totally uncalled for and as you have pointed out the refs did S.F.All about it .

The poor bloke was having one of his best games for the Dragons and at the very least deserved the referee to do his job by penalizing the culprits who took out their frustrations on the little bloke .

Until they - the refs begin to treat the lesser lights of the competition on an equal basis , as they do with the top ranking teams , then we will continue to get wrong end of the stick - unfortunately .
Actually I was surprised on a couple of occassions that we didnt get a penalty after Clune kicked downfield he was hit late with his feet off the ground....

Gareth67

First Grade
It's too bad that each team doesn't play other teams twice. There are some teams who will be playing the weaker teams twice and beat them which is unfair and that is why it should be fair that teams play each other twice.

Exactly that David , having the top teams play each other twice with the strugglers against the strugglers would make the competition much more fairer .

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
It's so hard to predict though. Not too many people had us competitive this year and even fewer would have seen this when they released the draw. And I think it would lessen the product to have a 32 round competition along with a finals series, unless we moved to a premier league model which personally I would hate as I think having the competition culminate in a grand final is much more satisfying.

denis preston

First Grade
Agree ..Kaide Ellis had his best game for us.

Yes, great to see him slot in to the role so well. Shades of melbourne here where the replacements know the system and their role in it ( making also rans NRL standard ) . The benefit of that is as the season grinds on we can adopt , if needed & due to burnout if that occurs, a 12 man forward roster system. We have a plan C & D !! McEgg played the same 6 to 7 forwards week in week out and forgot about interchanges at times ( cant replace anyone in a winning side ) so I'm sure the coaches have got this one .

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I know I am nit picking and we won, every dragon across park played great. But Gutho try he didn’t get the ball down at all, until Moses came in flop down and used he forearm/elbow to push the ball through Gutho’s hands to score that’s a knock on the ball was push in a forward motion, its all there to see on replay.

That’s another piece of play the the bunker missed. Also Our good friend Greg Alexander on fox it was a dragon’s arm, it was not.